Will Leonidas Take On Wolverine?

Maze

Proud AquaMomoa inventor
Reaction score
WILL LEONIDAS TAKE ON WOLVERINE?
By Devin Faraci
A closely placed and highly trusted source has told me that there's been some casting shake-ups on X-Men Origins: Wolverine. According to my source, Karl Urban had been in talks to play Creed - the guy who would become Sabretooth - but has fallen out. The production is now reaching out to Gerard Butler to take on the role. Butler's sort of the genre flavor of the month. This isn't to say that I don't like him, but just that when you have a project like this and a role that requires some physicality and some masculinity, you're sending the script to Butler's people.

Still, Butler's schedule has opened up a bit with the Escape from New York remake falling apart. He's currently working on Game, the new film from the mad geniuses behind Crank, and he's being sought for the role of young Sean Connery for the Untouchables prequel, but I'm not even sure that script is in any state to start working. If that's the case, a role like this would make a lot of sense for him.

Less likely to come through is another bit of Wolverine casting: director Gavin Hood wants Natalie Portman for the role of 'Kayla.' I don't have a copy of the latest script (hint hint) so I don't know what kind of role that is, but I do feel like the odds of seeing Portman in an X-Men spin-off movie are slim. Still, Hood owns an Oscar, and I understand he's got a lot of charm, and the strike is making everything a bit weird out there, so who knows?

http://www.chud.com/index.php?type=news&id=12816

SPARTA.jpg

"I AM VICTOR!"

Natalie Portman? wtf?

Wonder what happened to Maggie Q... aren't Kayla and Silver Fox the same?

...so they're pursuing Portman for the X-Men franchise again? Interesting. I know she was unable to play Rogue due to her commitment to Star Wars, but I don't know if she would accept a role in a Wolverine movie. I find it interesting that Hood is possibly pursuing her though.

Butler was great in 300 but I don't want to hear a Scottish Sabretooth. And Portman? WTF!?!

Butler was great in 300 but I don't want to hear a Scottish Sabretooth. And Portman? WTF!?!

Just because his scottish doesn't mean his gonna do a scottish accent. He can do a good american accent as well. I don't want him as Sabertooth anyway.

The problem is with Hugh Jackman being so tall its gonna be hard to find a taller actor to play sabertooth.

To bad Dougary Scott never got to play Logan because of Mission Impossible 2 running over schedule

There's just not much about him that screams "Sabretooth" to me. And I find it interesting that, if he does take the part, he'd be reprising a role that was nearly nothing in it's first appearance and played by an actor of little credit. I know the character will have more meat, and will probably be better written, but someone of Butler's caliber playing such a character doesn't seem to make sense to me.

I love 300 and I love sabretooth, but put em together and you have a recipe for disaster. Have Gerard Butler play someone like maverick, but leave sabretooth to someone much bigger

The problem is with Hugh Jackman being so tall its gonna be hard to find a taller actor to play sabertooth.

To bad Dougary Scott never got to play Logan because of Mission Impossible 2 running over schedule

Dougray Scott is 6' tall. Between the two, I would still pick Jackman.

Dougray Scott is 6' tall. Between the two, I would still pick Jackman.

I like Jackman too but I would of loved to see Scotts Wolverine. I think he would of done a good job.

Jackmans listed as 6'2 1/2 or 6'3.

If he can alter his voice I'd be cool with Butler as Sabretooth, he brings a real manly presence.

Natty P in this would be :heart:

Just get Tyler Mane again damn it.

I like Jackman too but I would of loved to see Scotts Wolverine. I think he would of done a good job.

I must be the only one who was glad Scott did not work out, I just don't think he'd make a good Wolverine.

Now Butler on the other hand as Sabertooth is not a bad idea, I'd be ok with it. I mean, it's not a horrible casting decision, but then again I think there are other actor's who would suit the part better.

Now, if they can get Natalie Portman that would be interesting. Although, wasn't Maggie Q supposed to be in this?

With good blocking, this has essentially become a non-issue in Hollywood.

Natalie Portman... I wouldn't have liked her as Rogue, and I'd absolutely hate her as Maggie Q. She's way too overrated. I'd actually prefer a no-name.

Gerard Butler:up:

Natalie Portman :down

I would love Butler to take the role as Sabretooth. I do like Portman, but I'd much prefer someone of the right race playing Silver Fox.

I just can't see him as Tyler Mane's Sabretooth. :huh:
Is that such a bad thing? I don't think the character should be anything like how he was in the first X-Men movie. They shouldn't constrain themselves by trying to reconcile an cunning killer to that dumb beast from X-Men.

Natalie Portman... I wouldn't have liked her as Rogue, and I'd absolutely hate her as Maggie Q. She's way too overrated. I'd actually prefer a no-name.
Yeah, Maggie Q would probably be a much better choice for Maggie Q...sorry, couldn't resist.

I really like Gerald Butler, but he doesn't scream 'Sabertooth' to me either. Then again, this is a different version of the character from the first film. Butler could bring it, acting-wise. Look-wise, I'm not so sure. Natalie Portman's totally out of left field, lol. Acting-wise, she's miles above Maggie Q, so if somehow it turned out true, I'd be for it. :up:

Now, if they can get Natalie Portman that would be interesting. Although, wasn't Maggie Q supposed to be in this?

IESB was the only site to report the casting; and even then they said they heard she was only in the running.

Yeah! Butler would suck, I don't want a Scottish Sabretooth, either. That would be like having an Australian Wolverine!

Wait, what?

IESB was the only site to report the casting; and even then they said they heard she was only in the running.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind Maggie Q in it, she's nice to look at and not a bad actress by any means. Although, the same can be said for Portman as well...excellent actress and nice to look at. :woot:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sumilumi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"