The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Will Michael Massee return?

If he isn't really dying, then why would Norman be so obsessed with Richard Parker and Connor's research? I think that he is actually dying and the Goblin formula will cure him, but also warp his mind

Decay Rate Algorithm :oldrazz: Superhuman serum? Bio-engineering? Everything which can give him power and money to rule.

I don't think that Webb would bring up the "Norman is dying" thing unless there was something to it.

I remember someone said that the post-credits scene was a failure because we still don't know who the man in the shadows is. I'm sorry, but isn't the point of it so we can speculate? I'm glad we don't know who he is... it makes it more fun. I want to be surprised.

This is why I love shows like LOST. The mystery is thrilling!

It was a failure because we already saw the guy in the trailer. So naturally we expected to learn his identity when we went to see the movie

If they just left that few seconds out of the trailer and then as a surprise we'd get the man in the shadows in the after-credits scene, then it would've worked

but yes, I love the speculation as well. Webb sure can keep this stuff a secret when he wants to. I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't find out until the release who he is (that's pretty rare nowadays)

Last edited:
That is the fault of the marketing department, not the people who made the film. The scene itself is not a failure, the marketing was. Why would you expect to learn his identity, that makes no sense, they never said that he would be revealed in the film (shadowy man remember).

That is the fault of the marketing department, not the people who made the film. The scene itself is not a failure, the marketing was. Why would you expect to learn his identity, that makes no sense, they never said that he would be revealed in the film (shadowy man remember).
Yes, you are absolutely correct. That is the fault of marketing, not the scene itself. Either way, the scene still served its purpose.

the scene doesn't really add anything that we didn't already see in the trailer. From there we get that there's this mysterious man in the shadows that asks if Connors told Peter about his father. And that's basically what we get from the movie. If The Avengers trailers had shown Thanos in the trailer, we certainly would've expected something more than what was shown in the trailer (especially if this is an after-credits scene)

blaming the marketing department for this entirely is a cop out. They can very easily be involved with the trailer process

These trailers better not spoil any surprises. Like Gwen knowing Peter was Spider-Man. I was disappointed at first when I found out. I wanted her to find out later. It would have made him staying away from her even worse cause she wouldn't have known why.

the scene doesn't really add anything that we didn't already see in the trailer. From there we get that there's this mysterious man in the shadows that asks if Connors told Peter about his father. And that's basically what we get from the movie. If The Avengers trailers had shown Thanos in the trailer, we certainly would've expected something more than what was shown in the trailer (especially if this is an after-credits scene)

blaming the marketing department for this entirely is a cop out. They can very easily be involved with the trailer process

No, its not a cop out. If you had not seen the trailer then it wouldn't have been spoiled. It did add something, and that is a mystery. Who is the man in the shadows? What does he have to do with the parents/Peter Parker? Give credit where its due.

This. ^

It wasn't thrown in there for fun, it has meaning. What that meaning is, we'll have to wait and see. I'm assuming this next one will have something similar. Hopefully leaning towards a villain this time.

No, its not a cop out. If you had not seen the trailer then it wouldn't have been spoiled. It did add something, and that is a mystery. Who is the man in the shadows? What does he have to do with the parents/Peter Parker? Give credit where its due.

That is exactly what I already got out of the trailer, the scene doesn't add any mystery what the trailer didn't have. I really don't believe that they were powerless to stop the marketing department from showing the after-credits scene in the trailer, the producers are fairly involved with the process. Even if the weren't involved through out they could've just noted when ordering the trailer "DON'T use any of the after-credits scene footage". So yeah, it's a cop out

After-credits scenes by their nature are scenes that only the special few that were patient enough to stay after the credits get to see, scenes that some people didn't even know if they were gonna be there. Not alone did they slip a part of that scene in a trailer, but the actual scene does not even add anything what you got from the trailer

As a scene it's great, I love the speculation. It's just a failure in that sense that the trailer ruins it

This. ^

It wasn't thrown in there for fun, it has meaning. What that meaning is, we'll have to wait and see. I'm assuming this next one will have something similar. Hopefully leaning towards a villain this time.

I get the idea. I really like the scene itself. It's a failure as an after-credits scene though because they essentially had shown it in the trailer.

it's like "ok what was that mysterious man who asks about Peter in the trailer? this is gonna be interesting", and then when the after-credits scene comes it's essentially the same thing. There is no mystery or anything added that wasn't in the trailer, and if it was just gonna be "you'll have to wait and see ;)" then it shouldn't have been in the trailer!

Regardless, nobody knows who it was. So we WILL have to "wait and see ;)" whether we like it or not. I call it a success.

And regardless of what you think, TheWallCrawler, the scene does add something. It was just revealed way too early in the trailers. But I'm not going to continue this debate since its futile. I'm with JOE on this one, I think its a success, and I'm very happy they introduced the Man in the Shadows in that post-credits scene. Makes me even more excited to see TASM2.

I remember someone said that the post-credits scene was a failure because we still don't know who the man in the shadows is. I'm sorry, but isn't the point of it so we can speculate? I'm glad we don't know who he is... it makes it more fun. I want to be surprised.

This is why I love shows like LOST. The mystery is thrilling!

Speculate? That's what Marc Webb hoped for from the commentary go back and listen out for it.

:woot:

I would like Mysterio, but so far, nothing indicates him being The Man in the Shadows.
Nothing about it would fit.

Quentin Beck has a very specific story, one The Man in the Shadows does not fit.

That's what I think as well. Webb if uses him I suspect it will be Francis Klum or Ultimate version. Just a guess as said many times before.

And regardless of what you think, TheWallCrawler, the scene does add something. It was just revealed way too early in the trailers. But I'm not going to continue this debate since its futile. I'm with JOE on this one, I think its a success, and I'm very happy they introduced the Man in the Shadows in that post-credits scene. Makes me even more excited to see TASM2.

I don't think we are exactly on the same page here. I do agree that the scene adds something good in the movie, I love a good mystery. But you can absolutely blame the producers or even the director for the bit being in the trailer. that is all

That's what I think as well. Webb if uses him I suspect it will be Francis Klum or Ultimate version. Just a guess as said many times before.

Ultimate Mysterio and 616 Mysterio (Quentin Beck) are the same guy. Literally, the same guy.

As revealed in the 616/USM crossover "Spider-Men", Quentin Beck created an android version of himself, which existed to do his bidding in the Ultimate Universe (i.e. Conquer it).

He maybe pretending to be sick :word: We know this film will take events 9 months after events in ASM. And they said in ASM that Norman dose not have too much time, for same reason Connors needed to test cure on himself because there was no time to test in on animals. So how then Norman still lying on bed, sick? He should be dead

9 months? Where did you hear that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"