Inhumans Will Scott Buck Find Work In Hollywood After This?

Dasher10

I'm like Deadpool IRL
Reaction score
Ruining two TV shows in a year despite being part of the biggest film and TV franchise in entertainment history.

There's literally a case to be made for Spider-Man: Homecoming not cracking a billion due to Iron Fist's reception.

Thor: Ragnarok and Punisher may underperform relative to what they should if Inhumans is a true disaster.

He'll be fine. You only get ousted in Hollywood when you badmouth your employers (think Josh Trank). On paper Buck is the creator and showrunner of a number of 'successful' series. Like Kevin Smith said, in Hollywood you fail upwards.

I also don't think that the TV series have any real effect on the reception or box office of the movies. The movies will only suffer if they make bad movies.

AOs, Ac2 and IF didn't lessen the interest of the masses to the MCU films. So I don't see the Inhumans having a bad effect to the movies.

If anything, they will just be another Marvel property that is wasted in a TV show. Like Daredevil and Iron Fist, Inhumans could transcend to a bigger audience if only they are appearing in their own MCU movie that could likely lead to their own trilogy and appearances in a Avengers film and the other MCU films aren't limited to budget and spectacle.

Ruining two TV shows in a year despite being part of the biggest film and TV franchise in entertainment history.

There's literally a case to be made for Spider-Man: Homecoming not cracking a billion due to Iron Fist's reception.

Thor: Ragnarok and Punisher may underperform relative to what they should if Inhumans is a true disaster.
LOL, that case can't be made at all.

Was this project completed on time? Is it on budget? If so, people in Hollywood will continue to have use for Scott Buck. My hope is Marvel won't continue to use him, but that's because I think Marvel has to take their time with their productions. If IMAX offered them money for a Labor Day weekend slot, they needed to have said, "OK, we'll be ready by September 2018."

This is one of the most laughable things I've read on the hype in quite some time. Thanks for the chuckle.

Eh, Iron Fist had zero effect on Spider-man. Now, given this is getting an IMAX premiere, there's a *chance* it could have a minor effect on future movies, but its doubtful.

And yeah, Scott Buck will continue to get work. After all, he already had a bad reputation before Iron Fist, courtesy of Dexter. But he gets stuff finished, on time and on budget. You can be a terrible artist, and you'll still work if you can do that. Think "Brett Ratner".

Eh, Iron Fist had zero effect on Spider-man. Now, given this is getting an IMAX premiere, there's a *chance* it could have a minor effect on future movies, but its doubtful.

And yeah, Scott Buck will continue to get work. After all, he already had a bad reputation before Iron Fist, courtesy of Dexter. But he gets stuff finished, on time and on budget. You can be a terrible artist, and you'll still work if you can do that. Think "Brett Ratner".

I actually liked Rush Hour. Ratner > Buck

Why is Loeb not getting any blame? He's the guy who hired Buck again. Maybe his days should be numbered as well. His record is pretty good overall, but it's still more checkered then I would like. I think the 'Buck' stops with him.

Probably because, as you said, he still has successes and, second, because in TV, the production studio isn't the one who takes the hit for any failure anyway. IMAX might be reluctant to work with him again and maybe ABC, but he hasn't hurt the finances of Marvel Entertainment.

Movies are different because the studio spends the money and hopes to recoup their losses when it debuts. The stakes are also much higher than in TV (people have suggested this is a low budget, in which case the loss is lower as well anyway).

Why is Loeb not getting any blame? He's the guy who hired Buck again. Maybe his days should be numbered as well. His record is pretty good overall, but it's still more checkered then I would like. I think the 'Buck' stops with him.

THANK YOU!. He's every bit as guilty for picking Buck (TWICE) as Perlmutter for being such a pretentious penny pinching old ****

Probably because, as you said, he still has successes and, second, because in TV, the production studio isn't the one who takes the hit for any failure anyway. IMAX might be reluctant to work with him again and maybe ABC, but he hasn't hurt the finances of Marvel Entertainment.

Movies are different because the studio spends the money and hopes to recoup their losses when it debuts. The stakes are also much higher than in TV (people have suggested this is a low budget, in which case the loss is lower as well anyway).

Allegedly low-budget. The low production values sound more like a case of mismanagement.

If Inhumans can't look as nice as Star Trek: Discovery, then they shouldn't be making an Inhumans series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hC7IMj7WFyE

These old Hollywood types find a way of taking care of each other.

He went from ruining Dexter, to doing Iron Fist and then Inhumans.

Tom Cruise can bomb back to back and will always have work.

How many flops did Ryan Reynolds survive before he landed Deadpool?

Didn't Alex Kurtzman also have a string of flops and still got the Mummy?

Buck might get kicked off Marvel projects but he'll always have work.

If that's the case, then where are there so many washed up actors looking for work?

Kurtzman plays at a whole different ballpark. Not only do him & his buddy have gotten a substantial amount of high-profile work, but they also produce a ton.
Similar situation with Tom Cruise.
Between every major project, there's a number of indies/low budget roles Reynolds must enjoy doing at this point.

Even then, "Hollywood jail" seems to be more of a thing for movie folks, especially for failed debuts and those beyond their prime. A tv showrunner can find work.

If that's the case, then where are there so many washed up actors looking for work?

There will always be washed up actors. Studios can't cater to EVERY actor in Hollywood, but they have there Golden few. You get those handful of actors every year that seem to get a push. Remember when Thor dropped then Chris Hemsworth was in a bunch of failures like the huntsman and Blackhat. Same with Sam worthington post Avatar, Gerad Butler post 300 etc.

Some actors go on a good run like Hugh Jackman after Xmen. He done the usual crappy romcoms, but was able to break out. But then on the other side you get your Sam Worthingtons, that studios try and shove down your throat, but he just could make anything happen.

*cough* I don't blame Loeb much, because I honestly doubt how much real creative control he has. Sure, he "approved" Scott Buck, but since it feels like a Perlmutter move, I figure he "approved" Buck because Perlmutter told him to do so. Loeb's sin is being a yes-man, thus.

I'm not watching anything from this guy again.

I am sorry, but this post is all kinds of ridiculous. Spider-Man not making a billion had NOTHING to do with a show that most people seeing Spider-Man probably never watched or knew existed. Fact is, Spider-Man had 5 movies before Homecoming, so a Spidey movie is not exactly new or special to most.

No one is gonna say to themselves "Man, Thor looks great, but that Inhumans show has made me think twice." Once again, 99% of Thor's audience will not watch this show. Marvel TV has no bearing on the film side. You are a fan and to fans, Inhumans may hurt. To the general viewing audience, nobody cares and the Marvel films will still make big money.

Shyamalan still got his films greenlit even after he made the Happening. That tells me right there Hollywood will forgive anything.

Shyamalan still got his films greenlit even after he made the Happening. That tells me right there Hollywood will forgive anything.
Scott Buck must have had some involvement in that film, behind the scenes or something.

I am sorry, but this post is all kinds of ridiculous. Spider-Man not making a billion had NOTHING to do with a show that most people seeing Spider-Man probably never watched or knew existed. Fact is, Spider-Man had 5 movies before Homecoming, so a Spidey movie is not exactly new or special to most.

No one is gonna say to themselves "Man, Thor looks great, but that Inhumans show has made me think twice." Once again, 99% of Thor's audience will not watch this show. Marvel TV has no bearing on the film side. You are a fan and to fans, Inhumans may hurt. To the general viewing audience, nobody cares and the Marvel films will still make big money.
I like Dasher10, but to even suggest that is a little outrageous IMHO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"