Sequels Evan Peters Joins X-Men: DOFP as Quicksilver

This is kind of splitting hairs, but I think lying implies that you know for certain that what you're saying is untrue. Stating what you think is probably true as a fact is speculation.

First of all, you always have to cite sources. Without source citation there's no reason for anyone to assume that what you're saying is correct. Even the most credible journalists make mistakes and without credible sources then for all anyone knows they made one this time.

Second, I'm not reaching and I'm not saying he's lying. I'm saying I don't have any reason to assume that what he's saying is true. Until what he's saying is verified by a source then I'm not going to take it as an absolute fact.

I'm not discounting the notion that he could be correct, but without hard evidence to back it up then, for wall we know, it's just as likely that he's wrong.
Okay, you're basically saying even though 9/10 times he's right you're going to hold onto the fact there is still 1% chance he is wrong. Okay.

Nope.

Also, why did you type "lol?" Did you actually laugh out loud while you were typing that? If so, that's really weird.
Side effect from being on the internet.

I don't want to say anything is for certain until Feige or Whedon comes along to say something. I have seen dozens and dozens of times in the past how reputable reporters either greatly exaggerated a situation or made claims early on in a story's development. If this inside source HitFlix has really knew about this tension and development, and if this article popped up on the net at most an hour or two after the Tweet came up, then why didn't this source just tell HitFlix ahead of time that Fox and Marvel were neck-in-neck.

Besides, every site claiming this is an issue are citing HitFlix. I like to hear this story from more than one source, rather than multiple reinterpretations of the same source...Not saying it isn't true. Just saying it is still way too early to judge what is definitely happening without directly hearing it from the horse's mouth.

Okay, you're basically saying even though 9/10 times he's right you're going to hold onto the fact there is still 1% chance he is wrong. Okay.

Also, just wanted to point out if he's right 9/10 times, that isn't a 1% chance. It's 10%. And it's INCREDIBLY likely that, at this stage of the game, the source might be sparking up controversy for controversy's sake, or that the source has no idea what's going on.

It's exactly the same as what my stance is. :huh:

My point isn't that it will be a huge deal for Fox to change the origin. I don't care how Fox works them into their films, they can use them, more power to them. My point is that it's annoying to see people saying Marvel will have to change the origin and are the ones forcing the characters into their universe and how Magneto not being their father ruins the characters when it's the exact opposite. It shows a clear lack of knowledge about the characters' actual history and original role in the comics and as someone who does know it it's just extremely annoying to watch all this misinformation be spread across every corner of the fandom.

It's highly highly doubtful that Carol will be in GotG. What they'd have her show up for 5 seconds when Peter Quill is on Earth? Because she wouldn't be going into space with him. She's not Hawkeye, that kind of cameo would be hard to work in. And in context of what we know, do you really think they're going to add ANOTHER Avenger to A2? Highly doubtful. All that is indeed heresay though.

My overal point is that rushing to get out as many heroes in Avengers as possibly is just not a good idea and that people should be patient instead of complaining about other character who they don't understand or know a lot about benig used. It's a waste of potential if they try and jam pack all these characters into the films as quickly as possible.

And Feige and Edgar Wright have said Ant-Man is an origin film, so there's a pretty good chance it's an origin film. :/

Except we know people with good sources have said so. Hitflix and SHH are where I'm getting that from. Quicksilver will be used for one action sequence (ie your usual glorified cameo in X-films), he will have a far larger role in A2, and Marvel and Whedon are looking to make SW/QS British. Unless you're saying these people who have been proven to have concrete sources are lying.

The article specifically said he would only be used for one action scene though and implied he would not have a big role in the film at all, which we know is very likely considering how late they cast him and how many characters are already in the film, and the fact the writer specifically said Marvel has far bigger plans for the character while this is partly nose thumbing on Fox's part.

According to SHH Whedon and Mavel are looking to make the Maximoffs younger.

Except we know people with good sources have said so. Hitflix and SHH are where I'm getting that from. Quicksilver will be used for one action sequence (ie your usual glorified cameo in X-films), he will have a far larger role in A2, and Marvel and Whedon are looking to make SW/QS British. Unless you're saying these people who have been proven to have concrete sources are lying.
The article specifically said he would only be used for one action scene though and implied he would not have a big role in the film at all, which we know is very likely considering how late they cast him and how many characters are already in the film, and the fact the writer specifically said Marvel has far bigger plans for the character while this is partly nose thumbing on Fox's part.
Here is the quote from Hitfix:

The thing is, Bryan Singer has designed a sequence that he feels only works with Quicksilver,
All it says is that Bryan Singer has designed a sequence that is exclusive to Quicksilver. It never says that Quicksilver will only be used for one action sequence and nothing else. McWeeny does not have a copy of the script, and only knows that the source told him. There is probably more to Quicksilver's part than what McWeeny was specifically told. That's an assumption on your part.
It's highly highly doubtful that Carol will be in GotG. What they'd have her show up for 5 seconds when Peter Quill is on Earth? Because she wouldn't be going into space with him. She's not Hawkeye, that kind of cameo would be hard to work in. And in context of what we know, do you really think they're going to add ANOTHER Avenger to A2? Highly doubtful. All that is indeed heresay though.

My overal point is that rushing to get out as many heroes in Avengers as possibly is just not a good idea and that people should be patient instead of complaining about other character who they don't understand or know a lot about benig used. It's a waste of potential if they try and jam pack all these characters into the films as quickly as possible.

And Feige and Edgar Wright have said Ant-Man is an origin film, so there's a pretty good chance it's an origin film. :/
It's not highly doubtful that Carol will be in GOTG. Once again, an assumption of yours with nothing to base it on. How are you assuming that a Carol Danvers cameo would be hard to work in when you haven't seen the movie? It's possible that she could end up with the powers by the end of GOTG and TA2 after encountering the Kree.

And now you are assuming that Quicksilver is a rush job and a cash-in by Singer that won't matter. Singer's past X-Movies have not been like that, so what makes you think he would start doing that now? It's not about them "jam packing" characters into DOFP. Singer has a script, and all of these mutants play a part in it. Quicksilver has been a mutant that he's wanted to feature in one of his movies for a long time, and has most likely had a part in DOFP from the start.

Good point about the Ant-Man origin film thing, forgot about that.

Last edited:
lol dude. Every thread I look in has you hating on Singer, Fox, X-Men or Peters in some way or another. You are taking this way too far. There's no proof Singer didn't plan on using QS before Joss announced his brother/sister act. And besides that, Evan Peters is a pretty great young actor.

I actually don't hate peters personally but I don't believe he's the best Quicksilver they can get. As I said, I reckon he was just jammed in to p*ss off Marvel.

And obviously I don't hate the x-men

^ Why would Marvel be pissed-off that FOX is also exercising their legal right to use the characters? As I've already said several times, the only caveats that Marvel is under when it comes to using the characters is that they can't call them mutants or reference their familial connection to Magneto. It doesn't matter which studio uses the character(s) 'first' because there's no clause/caveat anywhere that says that only one of the two studios gets 'dibs' on the character(s). Both have legal rights, and both can exercise said legal rights at any time without doing so having any impact whatsoever on the other's ability to exercise those self-same legal rights.

Here is the quote from Hitfix:

All it says is that Bryan Singer has designed a sequence that is exclusive to Quicksilver. It never says that Quicksilver will only be used for one action sequence and nothing else.
You forgot about this part:

Singer has just cast Evan Peters as Quicksilver for "X-Men: Days Of Future Past." He's shooting first, so presumably, he will win the showdown in terms of being the first to define the character on film. Marvel has larger plans for the character, though, and wants to use him for more than just one action sequence. The way the arrangement works, Marvel Studios cannot refer to the character as a "mutant," and they can't mention Magneto at all. Likewise, Fox can't make any reference to The Avengers in their film.

It's not highly doubtful that Carol will be in GOTG. Once again, an assumption of yours with nothing to base it on. How are you assuming that a Carol Danvers cameo would be hard to work in when you haven't seen the movie? It's possible that she could end up with the powers by the end of GOTG and TA2 after encountering the Kree.
No way that's happening. Yes, it's an "assumption", but really dude, come on, you think they're going to shoehorn Mar-Vell and Ms. Marvel's story arc into GotG? Come on. They wouldn't disrespect the characters like that. When Ms. Marvel and Mar-Vell ARE introduced into the MCU, they will be given ample time to develop their storyarcs and and arrive to the point where Carol gets her powers and becomes a relavant factor to the Avengers. It won't be an asile plot to GotG that would be extremely out of place and not match the character at all. I'm not going to say there's no way Mar-Vell will be in GotG, he very well could be or at least hinted at, but Carol being there is imo absolutely out of the question. She doesn't belong in space with Star-Lord, it would be a slap to the character and I'm sure that's not what people want when they badger about her being brought to film.

And we already have two new Avenger-related characters being brought into A2, there is no reason to jampack the movie with even more characters just for the sake of having them there, like I said. People should just be patient until the time comes for the characters to be brought into theMCU rather than constantly moaning about the Maximoffs being brought in ahead of BP, Ms. Marvel, etc just because they don't know as much about their characters.

And now you are assuming that Quicksilver is a rush job and a cash-in by Singer that won't matter. Singer's past X-Movies have not been like that, so what makes you think he would start doing that now? It's not about them "jam packing" characters into DOFP. Singer has a script, and all of these mutants play a part in it. Quicksilver has been a mutant that he's wanted to feature in one of his movies for a long time, and has most likely had a part in DOFP from the start.
Huh? I was referring to people moaning and complaining about 5 of their favorite Avengers not being brought into A2 while the Maximoffs are.

You forgot about this part:

No way that's happening. Yes, it's an "assumption", but really dude, come on, you think they're going to shoehorn Mar-Vell and Ms. Marvel's story arc into GotG? Come on. They wouldn't disrespect the characters like that. When Ms. Marvel and Mar-Vell ARE introduced into the MCU, they will be given ample time to develop their storyarcs and and arrive to the point where Carol gets her powers and becomes a relavant factor to the Avengers. It won't be an asile plot to GotG that would be extremely out of place and not match the character at all. I'm not going to say there's no way Mar-Vell will be in GotG, he very well could be or at least hinted at, but Carol being there is imo absolutely out of the question. She doesn't belong in space with Star-Lord, it would be a slap to the character and I'm sure that's not what people want when they badger about her being brought to film.

And we already have two new Avenger-related characters being brought into A2, there is no reason to jampack the movie with even more characters just for the sake of having them there, like I said. People should just be patient until the time comes for the characters to be brought into theMCU rather than constantly moaning about the Maximoffs being brought in ahead of BP, Ms. Marvel, etc just because they don't know as much about their characters.

Huh? I was referring to people moaning and complaining about 5 of their favorite Avengers not being brought into A2 while the Maximoffs are.

That ties into what I said earlier about McWeeny not having the script, and only knowing what his source specifically informed him about. It sounds like his source said that Singer has an action sequence in mind that only QS can do, and McWeeny ran with it and assumed that QS would only be used in the sequence and nothing else. There could be more to QS's part in the script than McWeeny knows. They wouldn't hire a talented actor like Evan Peters to just use him in one action sequence and be done with him. That's never been done in Singer's X-Movies, and I don't expect him to start doing it now.

She doesn't have to be in space to get her powers(even if she did somehow end up in space, it wouldn't matter as long as it worked within the story), and it's not disrespectful or shoehorning if it fits into GOTG without hampering the story, but servicing it. Once again, you can't say it isn't happening, because none of us, including you, have any idea what GOTG will have in it, aside from what we already know.

And to your past part, I misread and thought you were referring to the DOFP when you said the jam-packed thing. I'm sorry about that, my mistake.

Last edited:
This is just random speculation, but:

Let's assume that DOFP undoes the "old" X-Men films and establishes a new timeline, with the previous timeline contradictions erased. This would open the way to connect the X-Men and Avengers franchises. There would no longer be a chronological contradiction between the two franchises.

Quicksilver could be a brief cameo at the end of the film that basically establishes that this is a new timeline connected to the MCU.

Let's assume that DOFP undoes the "old" X-Men films and establishes a new timeline, with the previous timeline contradictions erased. This would open the way to connect the X-Men and Avengers franchises. There would no longer be a chronological contradiction between the two franchises.

Quicksilver could be a brief cameo at the end of the film that basically establishes that this is a new timeline connected to the MCU.
Never going to happen :o

And with Fox's track record, I don't want it to happen.

This is exactly what I thought they could do, if they wanted to, when Days of Future Past was announced.

But I got a feeling that ain't happening.
The relationship between Marvel and Fox ain't as smooth as their relationship with Sony.

I'm all for that happening, even if it's just small things being shared at once, or that they are in the same universe but different timelines would still be neat just to know they're all in there some way or another. If something like that does happen, a lot of people will have some crow to eat lol.

It will NEVER happen. Why would Marvel tie their cinematic universe into that of a completely different studio's? A studio they have no power over? A studio that can do whatever they want with the character(s)?

What happens if/when Fox decide to reboot instead of a sequel? Whilst Marvel keep their current universe (with recasts but essentially the same continuity)? There's a big discrepancy there.

Or Fox could turn around and kill off their Quicksilver if they like! It would be stupid on Marvel's part.

I wish Marvel would have placed a stipulation in the contracts with the other company's if they did anything to harm the properties that they'd revert back to Marvel.

The contracts they came up with really sucks. The only way they'll get any of them back is after they've been completely run into the ground and aren't the least bit popular anymore. At least Fox has to release them in such quick succession that if there was ever a major flop they won't be able to just sit on it for 4+ years and wait to revive it. After a certain point they'll be definitively losing money, especially since Marvel doesn't do any tie-in merchandising for Fox movies.

That ties into what I said earlier about McWeeny not having the script, and only knowing what his source specifically informed him about. It sounds like his source said that Singer has an action sequence in mind that only QS can do, and McWeeny ran with it and assumed that QS would only be used in the sequence and nothing else. There could be more to QS's part in the script than McWeeny knows. They wouldn't hire a talented actor like Evan Peters to just use him in one action sequence and be done with him. That's never been done in Singer's X-Movies, and I don't expect him to start doing it now.
I'd just bet more on him being another one of those glorified cameos than him actually having a notable role in the film. We'll be lucky if he gets as much screentime as Colossus got in the past X-films.

I wish Marvel would have placed a stipulation in the contracts with the other company's if they did anything to harm the properties that they'd revert back to Marvel.

My understanding, there *is* such a stipulation, right alongside a requirement that the movies have to be actually seriously developed, not Corman-ed. However, "harm" is not the same thing as "stuff we don't like." It would have to be usage such as to seriously reduce the value of the IP. A crappy Fantastic Four movie wouldn't qualify as harm, unless there was good evidence that they were deliberately trying to torch the franchise; a Fantastic Four movie where Reed is a pedophile, Sue a prostitute, Johnny goes around burning people to death for kicks, and the Thing is a serial killer would.

In the way these X-movies usually work, Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver would probably be related to no one and unimportant. Qs might just be some guy who runs really fast and Scarlet Witch some woman who can [something not related to Scarlet Witch's actual powers] and she's all dressed in black with red details.

But since this is probably about flexing those rights in front of Marvney more than getting the oh, so important Maximoffs onscreen, watch for an incredibly awkward scene where Magneto aproaches them and lovingly calls them "my children" and c"mutants". Ian McKellen flipping the bird at the camera optional.

^ Marvel Studios is the entity that can't refer to the characters as mutants or reference Magneto's familial connection to them, so I'm not sure what your point was other than to take potshots at the existing X-Franchise - which actually hasn't been handled all that badly despite a few missteps - and at both Marvel Studios and FOX.

I am starting to think it might be a good thing for quicksilver to be introduced in x-men first (even if he's played by a different actor, an its a slightly different take on the character) since marvel can't use the term mutant having him introduced first in another venu where his powers are explained as a mutant ability (so, him being a mutant would already become known to the GA who may not of known of him)

the different actor/setting, might be a bit confusing to GA, but, still

My understanding, there *is* such a stipulation, right alongside a requirement that the movies have to be actually seriously developed, not Corman-ed. However, "harm" is not the same thing as "stuff we don't like." It would have to be usage such as to seriously reduce the value of the IP. A crappy Fantastic Four movie wouldn't qualify as harm, unless there was good evidence that they were deliberately trying to torch the franchise; a Fantastic Four movie where Reed is a pedophile, Sue a prostitute, Johnny goes around burning people to death for kicks, and the Thing is a serial killer would.

That movie would have been more entertaining than Rise of the Silver Surfer.

I don't mind the casting, I really like him in American Horror Story. The thing I hope is that there is an agreement between the two filmmakers that will allow some continuity. Introduce him in X-Men and also have him in Avengers, but I really want it to be the same actor.

- Thanos

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"