Sequels Evan Peters Joins X-Men: DOFP as Quicksilver

This is just random speculation, but:

Let's assume that DOFP undoes the "old" X-Men films and establishes a new timeline, with the previous timeline contradictions erased. This would open the way to connect the X-Men and Avengers franchises. There would no longer be a chronological contradiction between the two franchises.

Quicksilver could be a brief cameo at the end of the film that basically establishes that this is a new timeline connected to the MCU.

Never going to happen :o
it wouldn't UNDO any timeline. It would create an alternate one.

my theory is still staying the same...the different studios are going to become a part of a large movie multiverse..and will use characters, to be the common ground...alternate timeline things...it's happening in the comics, it's happening in fox apparently, and it's likely going to happen in gotg.

People are totally entitled to their opinions, but they are just opinions. i have a very strong feeling that these movies are going to be built into a multiverse, and each one is a different timeline.

Technically they're already part of a multiverse. All of Marvel's various continuities have been implied to be part of a greater multiverse, regardless of medium. I'm not sure we'll see these particular universes meet, though.

I wish Marvel would have placed a stipulation in the contracts with the other company's if they did anything to harm the properties that they'd revert back to Marvel.

If they had done that all of the franchises would be back with Marvel now. :lmao:

Not necessarily true. Comic book fanboys like us tend to dislike X-Men 3 and Spider-Man 3 (i actually liked both) the casual moviegoing audience enjoys both and three their money at both. I actually knew people who said those were their favorites in the series when they came out, I guess because of the increase in action in X3 especially.

I'm not sure if this is a big deal or not. They hold joint rights to the character and perhaps by doing so they can imply a joint universe rather than explicitly stated.

I do find it hilarious, those playing the x-men against Avengers card. Who cares how they were used first, they characters were integral to both franchises. The stories of Wanda and Vision's love story was a key arc to Avengers and no one could argue otherwise.

Sometimes fanboys are their own worst enemies.

I wish Marvel would have placed a stipulation in the contracts with the other company's if they did anything to harm the properties that they'd revert back to Marvel.

They could still sue Fox for breach of contract under those reasons.

^ Marvel Studios is the entity that can't refer to the characters as mutants or reference Magneto's familial connection to them, so I'm not sure what your point was other than to take potshots at the existing X-Franchise - which actually hasn't been handled all that badly despite a few missteps - and at both Marvel Studios and FOX.

I...think the there was a misscomunication. I WAS talking about the X-movies. Not to be hating or anything. I like Xs 1-2 and First Class. I'm just saying that that's how it usually plays out. Remember Psylocke? Callisto? JUGGERNAUT?

I'm not saying it's all bad. I think some of these backstories are pretty hard to fit into a 'grounded" X-Men. All I'm saying is it's pretty clear it's a game of oneupmanship.

I'm not sure if this is a big deal or not. They hold joint rights to the character and perhaps by doing so they can imply a joint universe rather than explicitly stated.

I do find it hilarious, those playing the x-men against Avengers card. Who cares how they were used first, they characters were integral to both franchises. The stories of Wanda and Vision's love story was a key arc to Avengers and no one could argue otherwise.

Sometimes fanboys are their own worst enemies.

I'd say that a lot of times fanboys are their own worst enemies. Lol. Seriously though , I can understand a lot of the fan backlash , but from the looks of it , Whedon and Marvel are gonna move full steam ahead anyway and will have the resources to promote and exploit the twins far more then XMDOFP will I suspect.

I also tend to suspect the whole Fox moving forward with QS had more to do with them realizing that they can't just sit on these characters anymore when there's potential cash to be made. Didn't they lose the rights to some Marvel characters a couple weeks back?

My understanding, there *is* such a stipulation, right alongside a requirement that the movies have to be actually seriously developed, not Corman-ed. However, "harm" is not the same thing as "stuff we don't like." It would have to be usage such as to seriously reduce the value of the IP. A crappy Fantastic Four movie wouldn't qualify as harm, unless there was good evidence that they were deliberately trying to torch the franchise; a Fantastic Four movie where Reed is a pedophile, Sue a prostitute, Johnny goes around burning people to death for kicks, and the Thing is a serial killer would.
I remember that if Fox hadn't made FF or Silver Surfer by a certain time they would have LOST the franchise and owed Marvel money (I forgot how much). Just didn't know about the damage to the characters

I agree that X-Men doesn't need to "undo" anything that's happened so far. As long as they make a solid attempt at explaining some things. As it stands, the timeline is a bit of a cluster****. And... somehow I doubt The Wolverine will do anything to change that.

But DoFP is in the position to fix a lot of it. At least give us a reason to understand why there are so many inconsistencies. (why Hank McCoy is human in X1, why Emma is older in FC than in O:W, etc.) doesnt even have to be a direct reason, but a one liner about the fabric of space time going all screwy would at least be something

Yeah I can see something like that. At least that way it wouldn't mess anything up, not that it would anyway, with Marvel's Pietro and Wanda

DoFP is in the position to fix a lot of it. At least give us a reason to understand why there are so many inconsistencies. (why Hank McCoy is human in X1, why Emma is older in FC than in O:W, etc.) doesnt even have to be a direct reason, but a one liner about the fabric of space time going all screwy would at least be something

I've said this before, but the two things you specifically mentioned aren't actually inconsistencies; they're just perceived to be.

Hank's presence in X-Men is a cameo and isn't something worth getting bent out of shape over, and O:W Emma was only ever referred to as 'Emma Frost' in promotional material, and the similarities between her and FC Emma are actually very minimal.

With regards to the timeline, I actually posted the following re-jiggered timeline on another board:
1962 - First Class (confirmed placement)
1973 - Days of Future Past (confirmed placement)
1975 - Origins: Wolverine (confirmed placement if not scrubbed from canon)
1980 - Xavier and Erik visit Jean (twenty years before X-Men: The Last Stand)
1990 - Young Warren tries to cut out his wings (ten years before X-Men: The Last Stand)
2000 - X-Men, X2: X-Men United, X-Men: The Last Stand

I put all 3 films in the trilogy as taking place in the span of a single year because, Presidential actor differences aside, their events seem to take place fairly close together.

Also, I left The Wolverine out of the timeline because we don't know exactly how much passage of time there's supposed to be between TLS and its events.

Edit: Origins: Wolverine might actually take place in 1981, which actually makes my timeline work better because it places the two instances we know of where Xavier appeared without his wheelchair - the visit to Jean and his appearance in O:W within a year of each other.

Last edited:
I agree that X-Men doesn't need to "undo" anything that's happened so far. As long as they make a solid attempt at explaining some things. As it stands, the timeline is a bit of a cluster****. And... somehow I doubt The Wolverine will do anything to change that.

But DoFP is in the position to fix a lot of it. At least give us a reason to understand why there are so many inconsistencies. (why Hank McCoy is human in X1, why Emma is older in FC than in O:W, etc.) doesnt even have to be a direct reason, but a one liner about the fabric of space time going all screwy would at least be something

Spending time clearing up past inconsistencies may please die-hards, but it could come at the expense of attracting new fans to a franchise that is in need of some major revitalization. What's most important for the future of the X-Men franchise is that by the end of DOFP Singer has put together a fresh, new team set in the present with which to spin off a new series of films. Otherwise going back in time for the last two team ups would have been a huge waste of time.

What I think Singer will do with DoFP is set the table, as it were, for both followups to the X-Trilogy and The Wolverine (although maybe not in the form of solo movies for Jackman) AND at least another direct sequel to First Class.

What I think Singer will do with DoFP is set the table, as it were, for both followups to the X-Trilogy and The Wolverine (although maybe not in the form of solo movies for Jackman) AND at least another direct sequel to First Class.

Though is would sting to lose Fassbender, McAvoy and Lawrence, I think the best hope for the X films is to end DOFP with Jackman's Wolverine leading a new group (New Mutants?) in the present at The Jean Grey School for Gifted Youngsters. I believe a set photo from The Wolverine hinted this might be the case.

I doubt a set photo from The Wolverine would predate the 'unchanged future' of DoFP, as that would be counterproductive.

(why Hank McCoy is human in X1, why Emma is older in FC than in O:W, etc.) doesnt even have to be a direct reason, but a one liner about the fabric of space time going all screwy would at least be something

I don't think they even need to go that far:

1) Image inducer
2) Not the same characters

As far as I am concerned, "Emma" from XMen Origins was a different mutants than Emma Frost we got in First Class. Same thing with "Shadow Girl" which was supposedly Psylocke in Xmen The Last Stand. They didn't even give her a name. They could easily re-introduce the real psylocke in the future movies. Also Beast looks to appear human again in Days of Future Past, which sorta fixes the small cameo in X1, although it's not that much of a big deal, since it was a 1 second cameo in X1.

The only big issues is the walking Professor X cameo in X-Men Origins, his younger self in X-Men the Last Stand still walking, and that he was paralyzed in the 60s in First Class.

As far as I am concerned, "Emma" from XMen Origins was a different mutants than Emma Frost we got in First Class. Same thing with "Shadow Girl" which was supposedly Psylocke in Xmen The Last Stand. They didn't even give her a name. They could easily re-introduce the real psylocke in the future movies. Also Beast looks to appear human again in Days of Future Past, which sorta fixes the small cameo in X1, although it's not that much of a big deal, since it was a 1 second cameo in X1.

The only big issues is the walking Professor X cameo in X-Men Origins, his younger self in X-Men the Last Stand still walking, and that he was paralyzed in the 60s in First Class.

Don't forget the fact that Magneto and he were still working together when they went to see Jean. Although I guess they could say that they were friends again by that time.

Spending time clearing up past inconsistencies may please die-hards, but it could come at the expense of attracting new fans to a franchise that is in need of some major revitalization. What's most important for the future of the X-Men franchise is that by the end of DOFP Singer has put together a fresh, new team set in the present with which to spin off a new series of films. Otherwise going back in time for the last two team ups would have been a huge waste of time.

I would say that ONLY the die-hards even care about the inconsistencies. The general audience doesn't analyze every little detail or even remember cameos by characters they have never heard of.

Don't forget the fact that Magneto and he were still working together when they went to see Jean. Although I guess they could say that they were friends again by that time.
speaking of which, I was think with Quicksilver being involved now (assuming they keep his father/son connection to Magneto)
since there has been no previous mention of Mags having a son, it'd suggest that they would've only been reunited within the last 10 years...

what if it was Xavier who finds (through cerebro) and reunites them (this would be a big step in the right direction in bring Xavier and Mag's back together in at least a temporary truce)

I would say that ONLY the die-hards even care about the inconsistencies. The general audience doesn't analyze every little detail or even remember cameos by characters they have never heard of.

yep, the only x-men people probably remember is the most recent first class one anyways haha. They probably thought X1-2-3 was a good series, then Wolverine came out so they loved that with Wolverine, then FC came out as a prequel to the first 3.. that's basically *all* that general audiences see the X-films as. only the die hards care about the stuff being exactly correct, most just want an entertaining and good film.

If I asked my brothers or my friends who grew up just watching the cartoons and saw the movies, as opposed to obsessing over the comics like I did, their opinion of Beast in X-Men 1 and 2, Psylocke in X3, Emma Frost in Wolverine, or any other number of characters, they probably wouldn't remember what I was talking about.

I remember that if Fox hadn't made FF or Silver Surfer by a certain time they would have LOST the franchise and owed Marvel money (I forgot how much). Just didn't know about the damage to the characters

If Fox uses Quicksilver and it could be construed in anway that the way they treated the character could harm the potential market value of Avengers 2, Marvel could sue.

Honestly, the could sue because they felt like it and keep it tied up in court, but that's not going to happen. The reality is that Marvel will work with Fox on these properties, and I actually think the joint use of the character could be used to promote Avengers. They could honestly cast the same actor in Avengers, as well as DoFP. They just can't have any direct reference to the other film.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"