Will Smith and Margot Robbie prepare to Focus

Though you have to lay it out there, white dudes and asian chicks are pretty much the safest "interracial" pairing in media. Nobody *****es about that.

Though you have to lay it out there, white dudes and asian chicks are pretty much the safest "interracial" pairing in media. Nobody *****es about that.

You can pretty much extend that to white dudes and women of any race. Droit du seigneur.

The name is Bond, James Bond.

William Tiberius Kirk and James Bond get a pass. One will bang any female humanoid even outside his own species, and the other one would if it was contextually possible.

It's not really rare in public anymore. I see interracial couples in droves here in California. White males and Asian women, Black males and white women are the most common of the pairing.

Yea I live in Virgina and been to LA before, so I see interracial couples here in VA ( though not a lot) but when I vistied California I saw quite a few lol. But I am saying it's rare to see interracial couples on film and television.

Why do you feel this way?

She's sort of the latest Australian flavor of the month. Everyone fan casting her in everything.

Also, for an R-rated flick, this film was pretty tame. Could've easily been a PG-13

Nope.

Smith had a problem with Waltz killing Candie. He felt it should be Django. That was his only gripe with QT. QT wouldn't budge and Jamie was game.

Damn.

Foxx was awesome in the role, but holy s***, Smith would have been awesome as well. Would have helped him a lot.

You can pretty much extend that to white dudes and women of any race. Droit du seigneur.

That's pretty much the only type of interracial relationship you'll see most of the time.

The Glenn/Maggie relationship from Walking Dead is a media anomaly.

I remember reading the idea of an interracial relationship was one of the reasons Sony was never going to let Spidey be played by a Black actor for the Amazing version.

And of course, there's the story about why Eva Mendes ended up in "Hitch".

Last edited:
That's pretty much the only type of interracial relationship you'll see most of the time.

The Glenn/Maggie relationship from Walking Dead is a media anomaly.

And of course, there's the story about why Eva Mendes ended up in "Hitch".

I don't even watch Walking Dead , but that pairing certainly got my attention.

Ah, yes. Hitch. That story also just ties into why minorities of the same background rarely get the chance to have both leads in a major film. One of the reasons I love the Fast and Furious films.

What's the dirt on this? :wow:

The love interest was going to be a white gal, but the producers thought it was a taboo subject, and they did not want a black actress for fear it would drive away a white audience.

The love interest was going to be a white gal, but the producers thought it was a taboo subject, and they did not want a black actress for fear it would drive away a white audience.

Ooohh... I didn't know that.

Totally agree with you on that point. Foxx wasn't anything special or interesting. Smith oozes charisma.

He said that Waltz's character is the lead in a film about Django. Smith felt like Django was a supporting character, and he wasn't down for that. So that's why he dropped it.

Nope.

Smith had a problem with Waltz killing Candie. He felt it should be Django. That was his only gripe with QT. QT wouldn't budge and Jamie was game.

Either way, it would have been a good career move for him. I think he can put aside a little ego. Besides, with Smith's charisma and likeability I am sure he would have made it seem like he was the main character.

Well, I just saw it. I thought it was pretty fun. I do agree with those who felt the first half was better than the second.

Nope.

Sounds like a fundamental difference in characterization. I see why Will felt that why but I think QT was right in the end.

Well Robbie can nail American accents pretty well, so Wolf wasn't a fluke. She is ridiculously photogenic though, it's eerie. Like there was not one shot in the flick where she looked bad. I did laugh at the Australian joke though..little inside gag probably.

She is ridiculously photogenic though, it's eerie. Like there was not one shot in the flick where she looked bad.

Yeah. It was to the point where it was actually distracting. Girl is gorgeous.

Caught this yesterday and thought it was fantastic. Will Smith's best role in years (maybe ever?). I will admit, I was curious to see it because it had Harley Quinn and Deadshot, but instead I was treated to a damn good film and was totally absorbed by the story, cinematography, dialogue, everything.

I think Will Smith can do whatever he wants at this point. He's been Mr. Blockbuster for 20 years now (Bad Boys came out in 1995), so if he ends up in a bomb or two like After Earth, who cares? He's totally earned a dud here and there.

I watched this the other night and have to say that I really disliked it. Bad movie in my opinion.

This film was ok. The middle of the film dragged and was painfully boring. The end was fine.
I think Cameron Diaz was supposed to be the original love interest.
Cameron Diaz is half Cuban and dated black guys in real life as well which makes Hollywood's fear of pairing her with Smith even more stupid.
Was this the same film that had Kristen Stewart as the lead?
Having seen the film I have a hard time picturing Kristen Stewart in this movie. Robbie's character is partly built of her sex appeal which is Stewart doesn't really have in the way it was used in this film.

Saw this last night. First half far superior to the second half. The Super Bowl con was played perfectly, whereas the racing bit felt a bit too twisty and forced.

Without Smith and Robbie, this would have been bang average, but they both elevated the film to be a pretty enjoyable couple of hours :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"