The Dark Knight Will the Batmobile return or be completely redesigned?

I guess it looks kind of like a bat...But you got to admit...That's super subtle...!

1895859_16.jpg

Not exactly like this but do something like Breyfogle did during his run.

take a flo jet and cut some bat wheels . give it a tougher more armored look. change the exhaust that looks bad. jazz it up but keep the same lines.

If I recall correctly, wasn't the Tumbler partly designed on a Lamborghini?

Either way, just for the sake of the now fugitive Batman not being discovered and I believe that although the bridging device would use 2 Tumblers, that only one was created, and did the work of two. Fins to me are optional, you don't have to have them, but I'm not totally against them either. I thought the B89 Batmobile's fins were done nicely, although overall the car wasn't as functional as the Tumbler. Now Batman Forever, & Batman & Robin's Batmobile's were atrocious, and over used the neon/fin theme. Take the rampless jump, sliding canopy top, "stealth mode" and put them in a Batmobile that isn't as bulky...it didn't seem right that someone like Batman who moved so quickly and stealthy was driving around in a car that was so bulky that he seemed to go through most obstacles instead of evading them.

No need to be a *****e dude, I was just asking for some backup of your claim, as it had never been mentioned before as intenionally trying to look like a bat, because even the other Batmobile designs (there was like 7 in total) most of them would look even less like a bat when you look at the concept models. It doesn't have a strong Bat like look. This was a heavy complaint from the purists for years.
Link's been posted:

http://officialbatman.com/2008/batman-tumbler-blueprints/batman-equipment/

That's a page from one of the official BB art books. As you can see, the fan pic you've criticized was actually using a stencil from the concept art. The batmotif outline isn't "forced" as it was designed by the very same guy that made the car.

Yes, hence why I stated that "it's been posted".

I think that for the next design they should go with a car that's a little bigger than the tumbler, more durable, and has more gadgetry within it.

remember the first tumbler scene in TDK? remember when he jumps through the wall on the cars? how would you have a scene like that with a more sport-type of car? how would you have the scene where the tumbler goes under the garbage truck?

By making it look like it's made out of a tough material like the Tumbler was.

yea i think they could easily take the murchialargo concept and bulk it up. and i heard that murchialargo is bat in spanish or italian or something. but seeing as batman is most likely to be on the run in the next film i think speed and agility will be the most important factor. like a armour plated hyper car. has anyone played CRACKDOWN on the 360? when you get 4 stars in the driving skill you get a supercar that does like 250mph and instead of going over cars its so flat and streamlined in goes under them. it looks very similer to the batmobile in TAS

That's a page from one of the official BB art books. As you can see, the fan pic you've criticized was actually using a stencil from the concept art. The batmotif outline isn't "forced" as it was designed by the very same guy that made the car.
That wasn't from any BB art book. But I could be wrong, either way the Tumbler is an extremely visually interesting piece of machinery, and the fact that the subtlely of it's design could allow such an interpretation, that's great. Design + Function = The Tumbler. Great piece of movie magic machinery.

That wasn't from any BB art book. But I could be wrong, either way the Tumbler is an extremely visually interesting piece of machinery, and the fact that the subtlely of it's design could allow such an interpretation, that's great. Design + Function = The Tumbler. Great piece of movie magic machinery.

well the actual functionality of the Tumbler was very limited. it cornered like a pachyderm. and I'd suspect at a really high rate of speed it wouldn't be very stable either. and don't get me started at how improbable the Batpod was.

Maybe a macked out Veyron?

It doesn't have to have neon lights screaming "Hey I'm Batman" on it.

veyron%20II.jpg

I think they should naturally go for a bigger design and with some sort of material that looks a lot tougher than what was used for the tumbler.

Screw The Batmobile. I want to see a Whirly Bat.

has anyone played CRACKDOWN on the 360? when you get 4 stars in the driving skill you get a supercar that does like 250mph and instead of going over cars its so flat and streamlined in goes under them. it looks very similer to the batmobile in TAS

Hehe, ironically I always called it the Batmobile, the SUV the Tumbler, and the Semi the "Slaughter Truck."

yeah, now that I think about it, if they did something similar to the way the armor plated it in the game, it'd work great... Meh, I still like the Tumbler.

I don't know if it was mentioned but the Lamborghini Bats drives is called Murcielago (bat).

A modified Tumbler design should be what they go for IMO, and hopefully Bruce Wayne builds it this time as well.

I think it'd be kind of illogical to rebuild the Tumbler from scratch.

Bruce adopted it as the Batmobile out of convenience, basically. There just happened to be a heavy duty assault vehicle already sitting around at his company.

If he & Fox had to work from scratch, specifically for Batman, I'd assume they'd come up with something different.

If the next batmobile doesnt look like(or cant) do the stuff the tumbler did, Batman should stick to his bike or walk. The tumbler was what all cars should aspire to be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"