The Dark Knight Will the Batmobile return or be completely redesigned?

Goon 2 Goblin is saying that each set of tires at the back or somehow melded together to act as one wheel...Although I still think it's six...Thanks for backing me up there Marx!:woot:

The second set of Tumbler pictures that I posted are at a clearer view. You can clearly see the beads of the wheels along the back. And your welcome. :oldrazz:

IDK for sure, but I'm fairly sure it's actually two really huge tires that in order to sxpand across the good width of the Tumbler (it's wide, not very long) ... is actually monster tires that have a crease down the center of each will giving the appearance of a split wheel.

I hope the Batmobile does make a return, but with a slight re-design just to show us something new, I love the current design, but something new is needed IMO.

Something new would be welcome. As long as it isn't saturated with bat-logos and parafonalia.

IDK for sure, but I'm fairly sure it's actually two really huge tires that in order to sxpand across the good width of the Tumbler (it's wide, not very long) ... is actually monster tires that have a crease down the center of each will giving the appearance of a split wheel.

Well that does make more sense than having six wheels...Batsy will probably never have to use 6-wheel drive at any moment in these films

Something new would be welcome. As long as it isn't saturated with bat-logos and parafonalia.

Oh...Indeed! I don't even think a bat-symbol is need anywhere on the batmobile...Just like how the Tumbler didn't have anything "batty" about it...!

Oh...Indeed! I don't even think a bat-symbol is need anywhere on the batmobile...Just like how the Tumbler didn't have anything "batty" about it...!
Ummmm what about the fact that it looks like a giant bat face?

Ye...That's stretching it a bit...!

It doesn't have to LOOK LIKE A BAT to be a Batmobile. A Batmobile is a technologically advanced car that has an heir of mystique, is jet black, should be intimidating, able to give and take a beating, is the car embodiment of an "urban war on crime", and last but not least what defines it as a BATmobile is that Batman drive the damn thing. It isn't defined by if the car looks like a bat, has bat-rims, or bat wings.

I'd like to see something knew for the 3rd movie, the tumbler was cool and i enjoyed it's usage but i'd love a fresh 'Batmobile'.

I'd like to see something knew for the 3rd movie, the tumbler was cool and i enjoyed it's usage but i'd love a fresh 'Batmobile'.

Hunter...What exactly would you like to see...Feature-wise and all...?

If they make a new car I hope that it's similar to the tumbler in some way, and won't be a suped up sports car. The Tumbler fit Bale's Batman like a glove, and I hope they stick to the hyper realistic army type equipment they've been using because it's gold.

Yea, I remember seeing that picture in one of those DK books. It was a completely intentional design by Nolan and the design team. It's subtle, but true. Haven't you ever noticed the mouth in the front?

Yup, I remember them saying it was intentionally given the shape of a deformed bat, as for the 3rd film - if there's a 3rd Nolan film - I'd like to see something slightly less deformed bat-like and more errr bat-ishy.

Late. Apologies for the lack of sense. Pro Plus FTW!

Yay batmobile :up:

Nolan himself has said that he threw in a bit of batcowl motifs in the overall design.
I can see a bit of the Batman cowl in the panels on the sides of the open space where the front axcel would be, and the way the windows are split like the eyes of the cowl. But that elaborately forced bat design is totally reaching.

correct. it looks like a bat with its wings folded up. crowley and nolan did this on purpose.
Could you back this up with a link or something? I heavily followed the production of both of these Nolan Batman movies, and this was

Ice Cube (Friday After Next): Never, Evah, Evah, Evah

Mentioned in any of the conversations about the Batmobile's design being directly resembling a bat of ANY kind. I can take away alittle inspiration of the bat-cowl, but that extensive and over analyzation of that bat design was thought up by some fan a year after the design was brought to the public attention, and it was clear that said fan was trying to justify the car design having to resemble a bat in some form because traditionally most batmobiles represent an actual bat. This was never the case with the Tumbler. I remember hearing very specifically Nolan mentioning he was going for Humvee and a Lambo, a tank with elements of stealth bomber. Now you could say the design of the stealth bomber, which has a very bat like shape is about the only true bat design that would've influenced the Tumbler.

Now I might be wrong, but I highly doubt it. Not in the "Art of Batman Begins", the DVD section about the Tumbler was it mentioned that the design was made to look like a Bat with his wings folded. Ever. But like I said there is a slim chance I might be wrong, so if you could find proof to back your statement I'd be interested in seein and reading about it.

Could you back this up with a link or something? I heavily followed the production of both of these Nolan Batman movies, and this was

Ice Cube (Friday After Next): Never, Evah, Evah, Evah

Mentioned in any of the conversations about the Batmobile's design being directly resembling a bat of ANY kind. I can take away alittle inspiration of the bat-cowl, but that extensive and over analyzation of that bat design was thought up by some fan a year after the design was brought to the public attention, and it was clear that said fan was trying to justify the car design having to resemble a bat in some form because traditionally most batmobiles represent an actual bat. This was never the case with the Tumbler. I remember hearing very specifically Nolan mentioning he was going for Humvee and a Lambo, a tank with elements of stealth bomber. Now you could say the design of the stealth bomber, which has a very bat like shape is about the only true bat design that would've influenced the Tumbler.

Now I might be wrong, but I highly doubt it. Not in the "Art of Batman Begins", the DVD section about the Tumbler was it mentioned that the design was made to look like a Bat with his wings folded. Ever. But like I said there is a slim chance I might be wrong, so if you could find proof to back your statement I'd be interested in seein and reading about it.

no you are right. its a complete coincidence that the batmobile looks like a bat.

:whatever:

no you are right. its a complete coincidence that the batmobile looks like a bat.

:whatever:
No need to be a *****e dude, I was just asking for some backup of your claim, as it had never been mentioned before as intenionally trying to look like a bat, because even the other Batmobile designs (there was like 7 in total) most of them would look even less like a bat when you look at the concept models. It doesn't have a strong Bat like look. This was a heavy complaint from the purists for years.

It looks like a bat in my opinion, its subtle, but I honestly couldn't see Nolan not having something batlike in his design. It took me years to realize it, but i clearly remember seeing it in a book. I just can't remember which one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"