The Dark Knight Will the Batmobile return or be completely redesigned?

i really loved the tumbler, but i just cant see it appearing again, well not exactly the same anyway. i think the fact that batman will now be on the run could give a excuse to revise the tumbler and make it more sleek and more rapid. maybe just like a armoured lambourghini that does like 250mph or something. whatever it is i think the main focus should be speed because Batman is going to be chased alot.

No to an exact replica of the Tumbler, if a weasel like Reese could discover what it really was, then how long would it take military personnel to?...especially considering Batman is now a "fugitive". He needs something totally catered to him and his needs, not a failed project for the Army. The Tumbler served its purpose for a year one Batman, but he's growing and needs something more tailored to fit.

NO fins or "batwings". I dont want the thing to come out all "Bated" out. I like how the tumbler was conventional and based on a realistic vehicle that could take the punishment it did in TDK. Nothing flashy. Thats not how batman operates. He doesnt want to stick out like a sore thumb. Nothing flashy!!!

2006mm-batmobile.gif

That was basically in concept based off the Tumbler. All the artist did was mesh the functionality and purpose of the Tumbler, with a few aesthetics that parellel the Burtonmobile.

I really love the tumbler. Improve it, but do not waste this powerfull image that people have in mind that the Batman's car isnt style over substance. It worked so well. I really hope the keep the essencial of the tumbler and make some improvements, but nothing so diferent like in the past (bat92 --> bat95 --> bat97). But if it returns just like the tumbler we all know and love, i'm a happy batfan.

Am I the only one who caught this gem?
Yea, but aton of them weren't built. There was only two prototype vehicles. Remember what Fox said in BEGINS. None of the products at Applied Sciences were in production. But he did say ...

"TWO of these went over a river, towing cables."

So somewhere there is another one.

I say have Bruce buy a new Lambo, equip it with plating and get rid of the doors in favor of a sliding canopy type thing. Next put some machine guns in and alot of tech, and you could have a pretty cool batmobile.

I like that...But I really dug however many wheels the Tumbler had...

2006mm-batmobile.gif

That was basically in concept based off the Tumbler. All the artist did was mesh the functionality and purpose of the Tumbler, with a few aesthetics that parellel the Burtonmobile.

As much as I love that design, I am really hoping the "Tumbler" returns.

I thought excessive bat swag and parafonalia on all his gadgets and cars was pointless. In past movies it virtually became a running joke, and I actually prefer his vehicles don't have bat-wings, bat-rims, bat logos, etc. This isn't "Bat My Ride" or "2 Bat, 2 Furious" ...

What he drives gives it the prefix of "bat" ... not how large or how many bat-wings or logos are on the machinery. I could take the bat-pod and tumbler more seriously because they didn't go to ridiculous lengths in the design. Batman looks like a giant bat, has a symbol on his chest, and the furthest they go is make sharp shrunikens based off Nolan's rigid, sharp looking bat insignia. Why would his car, his motorcycle etc. need to have bat logos to make them a Batmobile or Bat-bike?

No...It clearly has six...4 at the back...2 at the front...

I think he's confusing the two huge monster tires in the back for being four seperate tires, given the size and design of the back tires.

If so...Then apologies...It really looks like they're six...

If so...Then apologies...It really looks like they're six...
Yeah, I forget myself ... and I parked right next to it before. haha

But I think it's just two monster tires that because they're so large, look in design like they are two tires melded together for each back tire.

Yeah, I forget myself ... and I parked right next to it before. haha

But I think it's just two monster tires that because they're so large, look in design like they are two tires melded together for each back tire.
batmobile___the_tumbler_by_artist_tortured.jpg

It's funny I never noticed it does give the appearance of 4 tires in the back. But yeah, I think you're right along the lines of the design just being so thick that it's actually less than it is.

I like that...But I really dug however many wheels the Tumbler had...

?

It had the same amount of wheels any car has.

I think he's confusing the two huge monster tires in the back for being four seperate tires, given the size and design of the back tires.

No...It clearly has six...4 at the back...2 at the front...

Ziggyman is not confused. The Tumbler has SIX wheels. Four in the back. Two in the front.

BACK

FRONT

batman-tumbler-1.jpg

For more pictures, and video
http://zedomax.com/blog/2008/07/23/batman-tumbler-pics-and-video/

A better angle of the Tumbler's SIX wheels

BACK

FRONT

I'm pretty sure that those actual backtires is just one huge tire connected by an axcel. It looks like a seperate tire, but I'm fairly certain it isn't.

Goon 2 Goblin is saying that each set of tires at the back or somehow melded together to act as one wheel...Although I still think it's six...Thanks for backing me up there Marx!:woot:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"