The Avengers Will the Captain pick up the Hammer?

Agreed; my previous comment just meant more on the lines of the MCU version and not their comic counterparts though, since unlike the comics, not everyone in the MCU films have had a long time to establish their presence to the GA to familiarize with their signature weapons and whatnot.

Word.

Then again Bucky used Cap's shield in his movie when they were on the train.

But I'm not so sure his shield compares to the aura around Thor's hammer. Not to mention we know that if anyone else is worthy, they will possess the same powers as Thor. Does the audience really need to see a Thor-powered Cap?

^ Nope, not when you already have a Thor-powered "Thor".

Which is why I despise the whole Beta Ray Billy concept btw.

I HATE the Beta Ray Bill/ Thor Girl concept, it's just so stupid and pointless, I NEVER want to see either of those characters on the big screen.

Yeah, I generally am not a big fan when they more or less duplicate a character. It's like come on guys come up with something original. I know its hard, but geez!

Surfer

If Cap were to lift the hammer. They can show Thor as he looks at Cap lift the Hammer flash back to what Odin said about the worthy thing. Cap lifting the hammer in front of Loki. Would also piss off Loki like he has never been pissed off before I would think

First he found out that he was just a victory trophy for Odin and a tool to be used by Odin at some point in the future. Odin lead him on to think he could be king and never intended on giving him a chance. Then Cap lifts Mjolnir. Loki would be like Odin thinks this mortal is worthy but I a son of Asgard am not. OMG it would be like Odin spit in Loki's face twice.

Last edited:
Unless it's written in well, I'm basically agreed that Cap lifting the hammer is unnecessary in the film U.
I only took a bit of issue with that notion that Cap shouldn't be able to lift it in the comics either.
But, yes it's just easier in the films to let each character have their trademark.

i really dont think anyone else will wield Mjolnir in the Avengers and Thor 2. I could see them maybe having Cap lift the hammer in Avengers 2...but thats way to far away to even think about

Unless it's written in well, I'm basically agreed that Cap lifting the hammer is unnecessary in the film U.
I only took a bit of issue with that notion that Cap shouldn't be able to lift it in the comics either.
But, yes it's just easier in the films to let each character have their trademark.

That's understandable and I don't mind Cap being able to do that in the comics during tims of great need, but I think that's where it should stay and I don't want to see in the movie verse.

I wouldn't be surprised to see CAP lift MJOLNIR in this movie. There's only so much movies that there are going to be, unlike multiple monthly comics over multiple decades. There are going to be several momentous occasions and concepts that MARVEL will want to translate from comic onto the MCU.

I suspect CAP lifting MJOLNIR at some point will be one of them as MARVEL always has CAPTAIN AMERICA at the top of their hero heirarchy.

It could be a very good plot device wrt CAP and THOR's relationship. THOR may not have that much regard for CAP, and mortals on the whole, as warriors. That much has been hinted at for this film. Especially if he beat CAP and IRON MAN in the forest battle. THOR being overwhelmed by LOKI's forces and losing MJOLNIR and then being saved by CAP picking up and using MJOLNIR could be used to cause THOR to change his opinion of CAP and mortal warriors and come to accept CAP as leader of THE AVENGERS, i.e., THOR taking orders from a mortal man.

True, they could also do this by THOR coming to respect CAP's fighting prowess and 'never say die battle ethic'. I think this is more likely but I wouldn't rule out CAP with MJOLNIR.

Honestly I'm fine with either one.

If they do the CAP picking up MJOLNIR event in the film then what would make it work even better is if there was an earlier scene where THOR challenged Tony Stark/IRON MAN to do so and he couldn't.

I wouldn't be surprised to see CAP lift MJOLNIR in this movie. There's only so much movies that there are going to be, unlike multiple monthly comics over multiple decades. There are going to be several momentous occasions and concepts that MARVEL will want to translate from comic onto the MCU.

I suspect CAP lifting MJOLNIR at some point will be one of them as MARVEL always has CAPTAIN AMERICA at the top of their hero heirarchy.

It could be a very good plot device wrt CAP and THOR's relationship. THOR may not have that much regard for CAP, and mortals on the whole, as warriors. That much has been hinted at for this film. Especially if he beat CAP and IRON MAN in the forest battle. THOR being overwhelmed by LOKI's forces and losing MJOLNIR and then being saved by CAP picking up and using MJOLNIR could be used to cause THOR to change his opinion of CAP and mortal warriors and come to accept CAP as leader of THE AVENGERS, i.e., THOR taking orders from a mortal man.

True, they could also do this by THOR coming to respect CAP's fighting prowess and 'never say die battle ethic'. I think this is more likely but I wouldn't rule out CAP with MJOLNIR.

If they do the CAP picking up MJOLNIR event in the film then what would make it work even better is if there was an earlier scene where THOR challenged Tony Stark/IRON MAN to do so and he couldn't.

This is essentially how i feel

It's a very good point ,with the whole of adapting great comic moments to limited amount of films'.
As long as it done well, that's fine.
I just don't want them blowing their cinematic load too early, y'know?
Also, judging by other posters comments, I wouldn't want it be viewed as a slight or ' de-valuing ' of Thor.
(I wouldn't see it that way, as it didn't lessen Thor's character for me in the comics, but there is the possibility and 'risk' that the GA could view it that way for cinematic Thor.)

If it came down to a choice, I'd RATHER see Cap gain respect by taking on hordes of enemies by himself with no fear, despite inevitable defeat (which in that 10 second spot, I'm hoping that's What the reaction on Thor's face is about, when helping Cap up)
Over Cap Lifting Mjolnir.

If it came down to a choice, I'd RATHER see Cap gain respect by taking on hordes of enemies by himself with no fear, despite inevitable defeat (which in that 10 second spot, I'm hoping that's What the reaction on Thor's face is about, when helping Cap up)

That's exactly what I think that scene will be about.

Speaking of...;

Beta Ray Bill + Miley Cyrus = Billy Ray Cyrus

??:dry:

I agree 100% :woot:

If they do it in avengers 2, i want it to be a moment where all hope's lost then alluva sudden cap uses mjolnir. As opposed to cap nonchalantly picking it up and thor noticing

Edit: cap using it as a hammer, or passing it to thor. Not lightningcap

Y'know what I'd like to see after the lifting of the Hammer by Cap?
Bro Fist.
417364_10150517961306945_621261944_9048551_693482099_n.jpg

It's a very good point ,with the whole of adapting great comic moments to limited amount of films'.
As long as it done well, that's fine.
I just don't want them blowing their cinematic load too early, y'know?
Also, judging by other posters comments, I wouldn't want it be viewed as a slight or ' de-valuing ' of Thor.
(I wouldn't see it that way, as it didn't lessen Thor's character for me in the comics, but there is the possibility and 'risk' that the GA could view it that way for cinematic Thor.)

Obviously it's beyond our control and as a result I'm not worrying about it. But I agree that it may be unnecessary for a first film as there will be so much other 'holy ***** moments' in this film that you can save that for a sequel.

I see many THOR fans here seem to think that it devalues THOR or will do so in the eyes of the GA.

I don't think it will at all; it will just bring CAP's perception up closer to him. Something CAP may need a bit when you look at the relative popularity of their individual films.

Agreed.

Although the look on THOR's face might be concern over CAP's injuries.

One of the reasons I suspect it may happen relates to something from THOR's movie. There was a scene in the script that I believe was filmed (not certain) and was edited out at some point. If it was filmed it was not even in the DVD. It was where THOR throws the hammer and as it it coming back several Frost Giants tackle him and MJOLNIR falls to the ground. I always found it strange that it has never appeared in any form as it sounded like a good scene. A similar scene is IMO perfect for CAP having to pick up MJOLNIR to come to THOR's aid.

Funny how life works out! Our boy got a grand moment in the Endgame . Man the theatre response was so good when the moment happened. We got a cinematic event. And gosh was it beautiful where Cap shows why he is the leader.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"