The Dark Knight Will the Teen Titans movie affect this series?

I thought the Teen Titans were kinda lame too. Then I picked up a few issues from the 80s. Its a good example of fine writing making up for what could have been a dull concept. There are a lot of good characters there, but I don't know how a good the film could be.

except teen titans existed WAY before New Mutants...in fact, if it werent for teen titans, none of the teen superhero teams around would exist...especially new mutants...

sigh....

Take Lois for example... :ninja:

supes115wo.jpg

why does he look like the lead singer of fallout boy in that picture?

If this doesn't explain cheesiness, I don't know what does.
ecard1024.jpg

That's from the lame show, foo. Not the comic.

You want me to dig up a picture of George Clooney in his Bat-nipply glory. Do you REALLY want me to go there?

I guess the Batman character must be lame too, on account of The Batman cartoon and all. You know, because the new DC cartoons are good representations of the comics.

except teen titans existed WAY before New Mutants...in fact, if it werent for teen titans, none of the teen superhero teams around would exist...especially new mutants...

sigh....

I was only comparing Teen Titans to lesser version of X-Men, the teen superhero team that DID exist quite successfully long before Teen Titans ever hit their stride :cwink:

btw it's lame to sigh at people

That's from the lame show, foo. Not the comic.

You want me to dig up a picture of George Clooney in his Bat-nipply glory. Do you REALLY want me to go there?

0aa6c28658e114927b53c1ea4202bf26.38386.jpg

You made George and his puppy sad
icon9.gif
, everybody like his bat-nipples.

I'd rather see a Titans movie where Slade teams up with Raven's father than the JLA movie...I enjoyed to cartoon when it was still on.

The Teen Titans' leader is Robin. So how the hell are going they going to introduce Robin without involving Batman? I have a feeling that WB is going to force Nolan to insert Dick Grayson (just like Sony forced Raimi to put Venom) in the series in order to make this movie. What do you guys think?

I hope not,true..some will notice this.But i hope nothing too much is done,maybe a refrence..but nothing else.

You have the intelligence of a ******ed snow pea.

You remind me of spiderfreddie, only without the grammar skillz.

i wAnT robn en it!!!!111!

The only way for Robin to work in Nolan's vision of Batman would be this.

In BB3 intro Tony Zucco and have him kill The Flying Grayson's in front of a 12 year old Dick Grayson. Zucco is someone working for or close to Two-Face. By the end of the movie you have the iconic scene from Detective #38 of Bruce and Dick in front of a candle and Bruce promising to train him.

This way Nolan has done what WB wants and brought in Robim with out using him. And then leave it up to whoever directs BB4 to show Batman and Robin as a team.

The only way for Robin to work in Nolan's vision of Batman would be this.

In BB3 intro Tony Zucco and have him kill The Flying Grayson's in front of a 12 year old Dick Grayson. Zucco is someone working for or close to Two-Face. By the end of the movie you have the iconic scene from Detective #38 of Bruce and Dick in front of a candle and Bruce promising to train him.

This way Nolan has done what WB wants and brought in Robim with out using him. And then leave it up to whoever directs BB4 to show Batman and Robin as a team.

Agreed. Have Robin's training take place in the gap between films, that way he's introduced young, yet starts being Robin at an older age. 13-16 sounds about right. The fourth film could open up with something like Batman: The Gauntlet, where it's basically Robin's final test.

Also, people keep misquoting Nolan and it's kinda upsetting. Hell, the exact quote was posted here and it was still misunderstood. He says that Robin is supposed to be introduced later, and that he probably wont be around that long. In other words, he doesn't want to make Batman movies as long as it'll take to bring Robin in.

So it's really not a matter of convincing Nolan to use Robin, but rather convincing him to bring him back for a fourth film. Because as much as i'd like to see it started in a third, they could easily push it back to the fourth. And if they're switching directors and cast, it'd probably make more sense to do it that way.

You know, on second thought, Nightwing in a Titans movie might help the franchise. If they bring in an older Nightwing and the movie goes over well, it might make people want to see Robin in a Batman movie more. They'll see him as a cool, darker character, and it'll shake up some misconceptions about the kid.

Also, they could show just a quick glimpse of his Robin costume (showing people it doens't have to have little yellow booties), so people dont freak out about that. Could be a good idea.

Besides, this could be the first step in setting up an interconnected DC Film Universe, which I really want. This is one advantage DC films could have over Marvel (besides their quality), and they should use it.

i really doubt it.
i think the teen titans movie will be a more "batman and robin" type of movie, not so much a gritty and cold The Dark Knight.

Don't be a homophobe.:o
It makes you look like a bastard.

Dude, don't you get it? If he makes fun of gay people, then no one will know... i mean think that he's gay. It's a brilliant scheme, I saw it all the time in high school.

i mentioned this in the Titans thread in the DC movies forum: preferrably, i wouldnt want to have Robin feature in the Nolan franchise yet, maybe having Dick Grayson show up somewhere in the 3rd movie at the most.

but given this development it may require Nolan to feature Robin somewhere, just to give some kind of backstory to the character. the tricky part to this whole ballancing act is that the article confirmed twice that its gonna be Nightwing and not Robin. the way i see it its just gonna be an established vigilante, Nightwing, forming the Titans (kinda like the way he did with The Outsiders).

What about the Justice League movie, do you think that will affect this series?
story wise? i dont think so, the JLA and the TT has stories independent of each others' existence. my worry is that the effort and resources thats supposed to be going into the JLA will be diverted to the TT. like i said somwhere, seems like WB has lost faith in its big guns (save Batman) and is now asking the sidekicks to save the day :rolleyes:

If this doesn't explain cheesiness, I don't know what does.

i dont think they're gonna be using this. the article mentioned that the feel of the TT movie will be of the same tone as BB and SR.

Besides, this could be the first step in setting up an interconnected DC Film Universe, which I really want. This is one advantage DC films could have over Marvel (besides their quality), and they should use it.
this could be their top goal, but the problem with WB has always been in the details, in getting from step 1 to step 2. they made big plans for Wonder Woman, The Flash and Green Lantern to lead up to the JLA movie but nearly all of those have stalled.

i really doubt it.
i think the teen titans movie will be a more "batman and robin" type of movie, not so much a gritty and cold The Dark Knight.
If you'd ever bothered to pick up a Teen Titans comic, you'd probably realize that it's pretty far away from being kiddy like that. I'd hardly call kids getting their kneecaps blown off with shotguns kiddy.

Did Slade team up with Ertrigon in the comics? That episode was pretty kick ass.

The Teen Titans' leader is Robin. So how the hell are going they going to introduce Robin without involving Batman? I have a feeling that WB is going to force Nolan to insert Dick Grayson (just like Sony forced Raimi to put Venom) in the series in order to make this movie. What do you guys think?

First of all, this will NOT effect TDK or Nolan's series in anyway.

Second, I believe its Nightwing and not Robin that will be introduced.

Third, I have my doubts this movie will even get made...and if it does, I think Nolan's Trilogy will be complete by then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"