Will Transformers Ever Die??

Probably two or three years. How many seasons were there?

Spike_x1 said:
Does anyone know how long the Beast Wars lasted? A friend of mine suggested that it could have been decades worth of fighting. I never really gave it much thought until he said that.

It lasted 3 seasons.

I know how long the show lasted. I meant how long did the war last from their point of view? I don't think they ever really kept track of dates in any of the episodes, so I don't know if there's a way to tell.

Like how the original Transformers show started it's timeline in 1984, but the movie took place in 2005.

I myself honestly don't think it was decades, Spike. Though I also don't think they kept track of time, either.

Metamorpho1977 said:
Transformers died when Optimus Prime died.
So you didn't enjoy the 2/3rds of Transformers: The Movie after Optimus died? Because I think it was some of the best Transformers ever.

huskerwebhead said:
I would like these crappy offshoots of the original transformers to die, but the Original Transformers cartoon owned. They should remake those or something. That would be the only thing worth doing. All these other series sucked.

The original transformers were just awsome, all the other ones were plain crap

Spike_x1 said:
Like how the original Transformers show started it's timeline in 1984, but the movie took place in 2005.

That'd be so cool if the movie really happened this year :o

TheCorpulent1 said:
So you didn't enjoy the 2/3rds of Transformers: The Movie after Optimus died? Because I think it was some of the best Transformers ever.

Don't ge me wrong, Transformers the Movie was great, it just didn't have the same appeal without Optimus Prime. I mean Megatron got an upgrade, and all Optimus Prime got was replaced by a pink fruit cake disguised as a fast and furious car.

Yeah, Rodimus Prime sucked, but Optimus' death is probably one of the coolest deaths in the history of fiction and the story about the unlikely, impetuous youth inheriting the role of leader was interesting when I first watched it. At least until it became painfully obvious that Hot Rod was probably the worst leader ever, anyway.

hahahah some of the comments in this thread are really funny especially considering how Transformers were designed by Takara and animated by Toei:D

Guyverjay said:
hahahah some of the comments in this thread are really funny especially considering how Transformers were designed by Takara and animated by Toei:D
yeah we know that.

I have also heard a rumore that sence takara has been bought out by tome that they may stop makeing transforemers.Because transformers don't seem to sell as well as they use to.Now this might be a good or bad thing.The good thing is that hasbro will just do what they did with beast wars and that is to design the toys over here and send the desighs to takara and they will make them, then hasbro will just sell them over here.The bad is that hasbro might become cheap and lazy and decide to stop the transformers line and not do anything to save it. Now this is just a rumore so don't panick.

I think more importantly the question needs to be asked why they ditched the G1 continuity in latter cartoons. Even Beastwars somewhat inaccurately utilzed the G1 Continuity in the cartoons.

Because japan made it and they like new things and stuff at least thats what I heard beside they already did alot of stuff that takes place after G1 like headmasters.The reason we never got any thing after g1 proboly is because transformers wasn't as good as when it first came out and kids didn't want to watch the show or buy the toys anymore.Beast wars takeing G1 Continuity was by mistake the writers never wanted it to happan but when they said primus on the show then all transformers fans went nuts and said it took place in the Continuity.So the writers went with it and made it part of g1.

I thought Beast Wars was supposed to take off from a combination of G1 and the comics continuity. Not strictly sticking with one over another.

That's what I heard, at least.

TheCorpulent1 said:
Yeah, Rodimus Prime sucked, but Optimus' death is probably one of the coolest deaths in the history of fiction and the story about the unlikely, impetuous youth inheriting the role of leader was interesting when I first watched it. At least until it became painfully obvious that Hot Rod was probably the worst leader ever, anyway.

i concur, the death of Optimus Prime is right up there with Old Yeller, Captain Kirk in Generations, and Jenny in Forrest Gump. may have been the first time a movie made me cry.

They just need to get a damn north american company to make a new TF show. The japanese can't seem to do one worth a damn. Get the guys who did the new He-Man to do it. They did an awesome job making He-Man cool.

I think removing the pink shirt from his "secret identity" as the identical-to-He-Man Prince Adam helped. ;)

Seriously, I can't be the only one to appreciate how they did a better job of developing characters after optimus' death in the movie. Seriously, optimus might be the "icon" of the series, but he's too "perfect". The ultimate good guy, no flaws at all. At least with rodimus, you got the whole thing with him trying to deal with being in optimus' shadow.

Beast wars is perhaps the best tf series ever. They had what the original series didn't in that they had a continuous story arc instead of a bunch of eps tht had their stories, but never went anywhere. [not to mention the animation] Beast machines was bad. The animation sucked coming off of bw and the story was horrid. [organic cybertron after it was already established cybertron was built?]

Everything since then is just a show bastardising the tf name. I can't stand how every leader has to be named "optimus prime" and "megatron/galvatron", especially considering they are apparently taking place in seperate "universes"

Oh well, at least we have the new movie to look forward to.

Honestly what sucks about these need f'ed up series from japan(besides all the damn usless transformers just for a crapload of toys) are the transformers all look alike and hard to tell apart unless you watch from the beggining.

While Beast Machines was trying too hard to be all metaphorical and metaphysical and metainsertwordhereical, you gotta give it up for the beautiful ending of the series. I never really watched Transformer, but I watched all of Beast Wars and most of Beast Machines. Beast Machines had a lot of interesting episodes but a lot where it seemed like nothing happened at all. "Decompressed storytelling". But the ending, ah, the ending. Optimus got his sagely dream:)

Not Jake said:
While Beast Machines was trying too hard to be all metaphorical and metaphysical and metainsertwordhereical, you gotta give it up for the beautiful ending of the series. I never really watched Transformer, but I watched all of Beast Wars and most of Beast Machines. Beast Machines had a lot of interesting episodes but a lot where it seemed like nothing happened at all. "Decompressed storytelling". But the ending, ah, the ending. Optimus got his sagely dream:)
As much as I loved Beast Wars, I never really liked Optimus. I thought he got a hell of a lot more than he deserved in Beast Machines. Meanwhile, Rhinox got royally ****ed and Rattrap became a cripple with a built-in wheelchair. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"