Will Transformers Ever Die??

Can someone tell me what came after the G1 series we all know and love? Was there a G2? In the movie we sees Megatron become Galvatron. Was this stil G1 or was it G2? If there was a G2, does anyone have a list of all the episodes? I am trying to find out what came next in things so I can download some episodes .... I dont want anything to anime ... any help would be appreciated.

jks said:
Seriously, I can't be the only one to appreciate how they did a better job of developing characters after optimus' death in the movie. Seriously, optimus might be the "icon" of the series, but he's too "perfect". The ultimate good guy, no flaws at all. At least with rodimus, you got the whole thing with him trying to deal with being in optimus' shadow.

I didn't appreciate it. Every episode was:

Rodimus "Oh woe is me I'm not the leader optimus was, I should just quit"
Ultra Magnus "You're not that bad, stop trying to be Optimus and just be yourself"
Rodimus "You're right, I'll just be the best leader I can be"

Next episode, starts over again. There was no growth. He was a ***** for his entire stint as leader.

What they need to do is get the guys who did He-Man or the guys who did TMNT to do a show based on the new TF Classics line. And none of this CG/Classical hybrid crap. And I wanna see mass shifting and quick transformations, and none of this OPTIMUS PRIME SUPER MODE 3 minute transformations. They can explain mass shifting easily as converting parts of their mass into energy and storing it in their spark. Converting matter to energy is how they explain transporters in Star Trek, so I don't see why it wouldn't make sense in Transformers.

Psionic Force said:
Can someone tell me what came after the G1 series we all know and love? Was there a G2? In the movie we sees Megatron become Galvatron. Was this stil G1 or was it G2? If there was a G2, does anyone have a list of all the episodes? I am trying to find out what came next in things so I can download some episodes .... I dont want anything to anime ... any help would be appreciated.

G2 was the next toyline. Basically all it was was reiussues of G1 with a few new molds like green and purple tank Megatron. It also had a comic, and the Gen 2 cartoon was just the G1 cartoon with the "Cybertronian cyber net sphere" or whatever that crap was. It was lame.

Psionic Force said:
G1 is the first 2 season of Optimus Prime/Megatron. The first movie. And the Rodimus Prime/Galvatron season that came after. It's also the 3 part Headmaster series that made an attempt at a 4 season. The Japanese continued the show past the Headmaster story. Also Beast wars happens before and after the G1 stories.

I liked Beast Wars, but hated Beast Machines.

All the spin-offs after Beast Wars sucked.

Warhammer said:
All the spin-offs after Beast Wars sucked.

Beast Machines was well written and the designs were good for the concept they were using, its just that the concept was stupid and the villains after the first season sucked.

so wait... the transformers movie was the beginning of G2? And then there was not other cartoon after that? What series is good? I want to download some but am not sure which ones are worth my time. I dont want something to anime though.... what would you all suggest?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"