No Way Home "With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility" - Tobey Maguire Returns As RaimiVerse Spider-Man

Didn't notice any differences.

Uh ditto. I didn’t see any difference either.

The only difference I see is that the quality of the VFX isn’t on par with the previous ASM movies…The quality is inconsistent as hell. That’s more to do with typical MCU shoddy effects then Tobey/Andrew’s journeys.

Not really sure what story related alterations they’re talking about.

I am inclined to say it is possible, but not likely. There is the matter of a Spider-Man appearance still being owed to Marvel Studios per the NWH deal, so on that level it could happen. But I don't foresee much Spider-Man stuff in MoM. NWH was the place for the multiverse Spider-Man stuff and that was the Spider-Man franchise celebration. Which is why I laughed off anytime someone tried to tell me X-Men or whatever else was going to be in NWH. It made no sense given what they were going for.

MoM will be where Fox characters may be in play or random variants. I could see Sam doing something small with Tobey Spider-Man maybe. But I do think was more appropriate for NWH than MoM. So I am gonna to say, probably not

Aren’t we just talking About a cameo here? Don’t see why it can’t happen

Aren’t we just talking About a cameo here? Don’t see why it can’t happen

Even a cameo has to be agreed upon by both Marvel and Sony. Is it worth using that last appearance for Spider-Man in the MCU on the current deal on a cameo? Honestly, I think they can do fine without it

Even a cameo has to be agreed upon by both Marvel and Sony. Is it worth using that last appearance for Spider-Man in the MCU on the current deal on a cameo? Honestly, I think they can do fine without it
New contract is probably going to be negotiated soon, so we'll see. I'm not entirely cutting off the possibility right now, but also not convinced it will 100% happen.

New contract is probably going to be negotiated soon, so we'll see. I'm not entirely cutting off the possibility right now, but also not convinced it will 100% happen.

Doctor Strange reshoots are happening like now. So those negotiations if they were to result in anything better have been done already.

Assuming MTTSH isn't headed the Sookie route, I'd be very happy to see him back after NWH. Really want to see more of his Peter (and maybe trying to bring in Kirsten Dunst if possible given that she's expressed interest in reprising the MJ role again wouldn't be a bad thing either).

Last edited:
Maybe we could see him passing the torch to a live-action Miles.

Assuming MTTSH isn't headed the Sookie route, I'd be very happy to see him back after NWH. Really want to see more of his Peter (and maybe trying to bring in Kirsten Dunst if possible given that she's expressed interest in reprising the MJ role again wouldn't be a bad thing either).
The obvious choice IMO is Toby and Kirsten returning in parental roles for a Spider-girl/Mayday. Especially given the spot he's in physically by the end of NWH.

The obvious choice IMO is Toby and Kirsten returning in parental roles for a Spider-girl/Mayday. Especially given the spot he's in physically by the end of NWH.
I keep sayin' Spider-Girl could be a big thing for Sony if they make it with Tobey in the father/mentor role. It was Marvel's most successful, longest running female-led solo title despite their wanting to always drop it. Spider-Gwen's cool and all but you can't beat the one true daughter of Spider-Man! They're probably gonna do Miles in the MCU eventually but I think he could really work in the ASM universe, they even joked about it in NWH with that Electro line.

I keep sayin' Spider-Girl could be a big thing for Sony if they make it with Tobey in the father/mentor role. It was Marvel's most successful, longest running female-led solo title despite their wanting to always drop it. Spider-Gwen's cool and all but you can't beat the one true daughter of Spider-Man! They're probably gonna do Miles in the MCU eventually but I think he could really work in the ASM universe, they even joked about it in NWH with that Electro line.

This makes almost too much sense.

Maybe we could see him passing the torch to a live-action Miles.

This makes almost too much sense.

I can't help but feel that Miles in live action will show up in the MCU. And... I can see the symbiote playing a part.

The shenanigans with Venom leads to Miles picking up the mantle. There's an end point for a new trilogy. Two films of Peter mentoring Miles and then in the third Peter is taken over by Venom and this leads to Peter's death in some way... Boom. Miles as Spidey in the MCU.

if the script is anything like the rumored storyline of the time... then yes it was done... done back in `1987 when it was called "Superman IV: The Quest for Peace" lol

"Sort of" is the key word(s). Sam hated that script they had.

Man it was so good to see Tobey on screen as Spiderman again, something I never thought possible for nigh on a decade. He slipped right back into character as well.

I would absolutely be down for more.

Aka, she is ready for money

Give a Renew Your Vows-esque epilogue to Tobey's Peter if the rumors of him coming back for a future project end up being true. If Dunst is game for coming back, even if for purely monetary reasons, I don't see why it would be a bad thing.

Plus I still want to know what he and Andrew have really been up to since their last movies. NWH was very vague on that front.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"