The Amazing Spider-Man 2 With Great Sequel Comes Great Lounging - Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy **** that soundtrack blew my mind!!

I'm assuming most people have heard it?

David Morrissey (The Governor from The Walking Dead) is filling in as film review host for the BBC's Radio 5 and he loved Amazing Spider-Man 2.

Where can we hear his review? Just knowing that THE GOVERNOR from the Walking Dead loved it makes me feel giddy.

Is there a YouTube leak? My download link didn't work... Open to PM's! :D

Where can we hear his review? Just knowing that THE GOVERNOR from the Walking Dead loved it makes me feel giddy.

BBC Radio 5 website.

Morriessey and film critic Boyd won over film critic Floyd who previously gave the film a negative review. It sounds like Floyd likes the film more now :woot:

Morriessey fanboying over Emma Stone when he interviewed her was funny.

Is there a replay of the review? They're reviewing the guard now :p

10151846_823120094368355_1408029174145491046_n.jpg

this...hurts, it´s false but someone could dream

Lol, it'll never happen. Not even in phase 3.

I reckon it'd be cool if Sony and Marvel Studios did a little deal to have spidey make little cameos in Marvel films and have say Iron man or something make little cameos in Spiderman films

Nothing big, just something cool.

Has an effect on the success of the movie and the overall franchise which is in the best interest of any spiderman fan

Has an effect on the success of the movie and the overall franchise which is in the best interest of any spiderman fan

But if you don't end up liking the film yourself, wouldn't you want the score to reflect that?

Why does it bother you so much where the movie's critical score is?

Because it influences the overall perception of the film? Why wouldn't he want it as high as possible?

There are critically panned movies that still make money and get sequels and reboots left and right. Spider-Man won't stop making money so if it's simply the franchise's future you're worried about then I think it will be okay...

Hell didn't ASM1 end up in the low 70s? Look, it did well financially and got a sequel and 500 more planned.

Who cares what other people think of the film? If you enjoy it that is all that matters. The way people here talk, you'd think they let the overall consensus form their opinions.

I reckon that the score on RT is already going up. It'll keep going up, IMHO, staying around high eighties. Which is thwipping brilliant to me.

10151846_823120094368355_1408029174145491046_n.jpg

this...hurts, it´s false but someone could dream

Can't stop staring at your avy and fear I'm going to lose my lunch when that happens in Imax 3D.

I'm all for it. If I puke when he's swinging, I will consider it a good thing.

I reckon that the score on RT is already going up. It'll keep going up, IMHO, staying around high eighties. Which is thwipping brilliant to me.

Anything is possible but I highly doubt it. Even the positive reviews are basically mixed and the only common praise is Andrew and Emma together. Not once has someone claimed love for Electro or how great of a villain he is. Most lf them claim the movie has too much going on and a paper-thin plot and is very cartoony. RT takes a mixed review and says positive. If you read the reviews a lot of them aren't exactly glowing.

Like I said before, there's no reason to dig into the positive reviews to see what they didn't like. If they gave it a 'fresh' review, which so far 12/14 have, that's all that matters and all we should need to know.

These fresh reviews that still bring up complaints....normally when a movie review has any one of these complaints, the critic will give the movie a rotten rating. In general (and I don't think this is being dramatic) people love to laugh at the Spider-man franchise for all the struggle and drama and missteps Sony has had. So, critics will point out absolutely anything they can get their hands on as a criticism.... But in the end, and all that matters, is despite allll these problems they apparently had with the film, they're still saying "Yes, it's good, I'm giving it a 'fresh' rating, you should see this movie."

So I think we really need to stop worrying. At least no need to worry while the movie's still in the 80% range that's for sure, no matter how "negative" the positive reviews might sound

Last edited:
Really good point Webhead, I sat around for about 5 minutes trying to justify it and I couldn't articulate it.

Reviews shouldn't matter, I just want everyone to love the film!

There are critically panned movies that still make money and get sequels and reboots left and right. Spider-Man won't stop making money so if it's simply the franchise's future you're worried about then I think it will be okay...

Hell didn't ASM1 end up in the low 70s? Look, it did well financially and got a sequel and 500 more planned.

Who cares what other people think of the film? If you enjoy it that is all that matters. The way people here talk, you'd think they let the overall consensus form their opinions.

Nobody is concerned about the future of the franchise, they've already confirmed 3 other moves in the mix.

Spider-Man makes money, we all know that. This is about wanting the movie to be up there with the best in terms of reviews. I still don't see what's so wrong with that? It's not going to influence our view of the movie. If it makes the same money with a 90% RT rating opposed to a 70% or 80%, what's so wrong with wanting that 90%?

There's an entire thread dedicated to the score, clearly it means something to people. If it doesn't to you, then you have nothing to worry about.

Comingsoon.net gave the film 8/10. I generally respect what they have to say.

Anything is possible but I highly doubt it. Even the positive reviews are basically mixed and the only common praise is Andrew and Emma together. Not once has someone claimed love for Electro or how great of a villain he is. Most lf them claim the movie has too much going on and a paper-thin plot and is very cartoony. RT takes a mixed review and says positive. If you read the reviews a lot of them aren't exactly glowing.

RT also takes a lot of mixed reviews and says negative though too. Probably more often actually than mixed ones resulting in 'fresh' ratings.

Like I just stated above, it's up to the reviewer whether their review is 'fresh' or 'rotten.' So no matter how many detractions they bring up or how "mixed" their review is, if they're saying it's fresh, as in "As a critic, I'm suggesting you go see this movie," which is whole meaning of the RT score and what 'fresh' generally indicates, that's honestly all that matters

Last edited:
I just saw this tweet, loved it!

@kickthepj 3h
OH- I forgot to say, the amazing spiderman 2 is FANTASTIC. It felt like someone ate a comic book and threw up all over me (in a good way).

I just saw this tweet, loved it!

@kickthepj 3h
OH- I forgot to say, the amazing spiderman 2 is FANTASTIC. It felt like someone ate a comic book and threw up all over me (in a good way).
I'm glad to read that comment. The coming soon.net review called it generally 'light as a feather' and 'enjoyable'. That's the tone I like for Spidey, in contrast to Batman. The Zimmer score is funky, colourful as well, so I don't doubt this tweet.

Yeah, like this one from Whatculture that Picard posted:

Whatculture posted the latest RT fresh review, but it doesn't sound that positive:

http://whatculture.com/film/amazing-spider-man-2-review.php

It criticizes Paul Giamatti's acting and says that Marc Webb takes too many "shortcuts" to get to the good stuff. TASM2 is referenced as the third best Spider-Man film, so I'm assuming th author is putting it behind SM1 and SM2?

A lot of them are like that. They skate through as positive reviews, but when you read them they are more mixed than positive overall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"