The Amazing Spider-Man With Great Power, Comes Great Lounging - Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I just returned from seeing The Avengers in 3D...again, and when the spidey trailer played, no one laughed at the small knives bit, but the first time I saw it, the entire theater was cracking up. Odd. Also, picked up Batman Begins.Never watched it or the sequel even though I've seen snippets on Tv. Everyone days it is great though.

Oh wow. lol I like TDK more than BB.

Yeah people on hear seem to love it. Back to spidey, my friend and I got to the theater early, so they played afirst look of ASM, which was just really behind the scenes stuff. My pal finished his popcorn early so he went to get another one. As soon as he leaves the Spidey trailer plays. Every time I see that trailer, well it's just awesome. Haha. It seems like whenever my friends not around, all the good songs play on the radio and the best trailers play. Me and him are both big blink-182 fans and he always complains that he never hears they're songs on the radio. So after the movie, my mom drops him off and as soon as he leaves Adam's Somg starts playing. It's hilarious.

I juggle
I'll stop with they're equally enjoyable and fun

Hey folks, took the weekend off to celebrate my grandparents 50th anniversary, my dads 50th bday and fathers day. What have i missed with regards to the movie??

also, tv spots only started 3 days ago here gwendolyn

Yeah people on hear seem to love it. Back to spidey, my friend and I got to the theater early, so they played afirst look of ASM, which was just really behind the scenes stuff. My pal finished his popcorn early so he went to get another one. As soon as he leaves the Spidey trailer plays. Every time I see that trailer, well it's just awesome. Haha. It seems like whenever my friends not around, all the good songs play on the radio and the best trailers play. Me and him are both big blink-182 fans and he always complains that he never hears they're songs on the radio. So after the movie, my mom drops him off and as soon as he leaves Adam's Somg starts playing. It's hilarious.
:funny:
Hey folks, took the weekend off to celebrate my grandparents 50th anniversary, my dads 50th bday and fathers day. What have i missed with regards to the movie??

also, tv spots only started 3 days ago here gwendolyn
I guess I just haven't seen many tv spots. Maybe there are numerous spots, but I don't see them. And yet, I see tv spots for Madagascar 3 every day, so I'm still wondering how much promotion is going into TASM. I did see one on Cartoon Network during Cartoon Planet. There was even a spot on Disney Channel. Well, I don't think they showed footage from the movie. I didn't see the whole thing [don't wanna see any more footage until I see the movie, so whenever I do see a tv spot, I switch the channel for a minute, then go back], so I think it was just,"Disney Channel wants to encourage you to be amazing." Didn't expect to see a spot on Disney Channel, but I'm not too surprised since Disney owns Marvel.

Batman Begins is better than TDK.

With all the negativity you've shown for TDKR, I'm betting you've already made up your mind that Batman Begins will be better than that as well.

The Dark Knight is a ****ing amazing film. Superbly done, and it'll be a while until we see another CBM quite like it. Even with it being an amazing film, I still obviously love Batman Begins because it started what could be a fantastic trilogy but also it focused on Wayne personally rather than the villains as TDK did. BUT, once again....no other CBM has come close into doing what TDK achieved.

Y'know, I fell asleep while watching Batman Begins. I don't know if I was tired or what, but I woke up at one point and stuff was on fire and I had no idea what was going on so I went back to sleep. So, I've never actually seen Batman Begins.

It's the greatest origin story ever on film

I watched SM1 and SM2 again and I don't think they've aged badly. The CGI are still holding up for the most part. The train fight in SM2 is still the best superhero fight I've ever seen. James Franco and Willem Dafoe steal the show. So does Molina, to a lesser extent. Cliff was an ok Ben but Harris was still fantastic as May.

I like Tobey less now, though, especially in SM2 and I don't really like Dunst as MJ, nor do I like the way her character was written. And the romance subplot throughout the duology is some of the most soap opera-ish pieces of crap I've ever seen.

But overall I still enjoyed them.

I watched SM1 and SM2 again and I don't think they've aged badly. The CGI are still holding up for the most part. The train fight in SM2 is still the best superhero fight I've ever seen. James Franco and Willem Dafoe steal the show. So does Molina, to a lesser extent. Cliff was an ok Ben but Harris was still fantastic as May.

I like Tobey less now, though, especially in SM2 and I don't really like Dunst as MJ, nor do I like the way her character was written. And the romance subplot throughout the duology is some of the most soap opera-ish pieces of crap I've ever seen.

But overall I still enjoyed them.

Agreed with everything, except that Cliff was only an "ok" Ben. I think he was phenomenal! A very likable, sympathetic & warm person. I will be really surprised if Martin Sheen will be better or even just as good as Ben

You know, on paper he wasn't bad and Cliff wasn't a bad actor by any means, but something prevented me from saying he was a fantastic Uncle Ben. By no means was he bad, though.

To date, I think Iron Man has done the best job origin-movie wise. It was able to turn a B-list character into a major Marvel player. Still astounded as to how quickly that happened.

To date, I think Iron Man has done the best job origin-movie wise. It was able to turn a B-list character into a major Marvel player. Still astounded as to how quickly that happened.
He was never B-list in the comics, though. Only in the eyes of the GA.

I'd say Iron Man was a better origin movie than Batman Begins. It had a better balance of action, story and acting than Batman Begins, which I think struggled in all three at times, not more than once.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"