The Amazing Spider-Man With Great Power, Comes Great Lounging - Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eh, I don't find it that surprising. I think a lot of the goodwill for TDKR is because of TDK and BB both being very good. I imagine that had anyone else replaced Nolan for TDKR and produced this exact movie the score would have been lower.

I honestly think that the worst scene in TASM vs the worst scene in TDKR has TDKR with the worst scene by a landslide.

Could you tell what scenes was the worst of each movie

I'd say TASM's worse scene is him testing his web shooters. I thought the look of him free falling was horrible, the lack of people in a place that would seem pretty popular, and him without a mask in daylight. TDKR's worse scene is... I don't know. Nothing really made me cringe unlike the scene in TASM I just mentioned, followed by the goal post scene. So yeah, TASM's worse scene is worse than TDKR's worse scene.

I'd say TASM's worse scene is him testing his web shooters. I thought the look of him free falling was horrible, the lack of people in a place that would seem pretty popular, and him without a mask in daylight. TDKR's worse scene is... I don't know. Nothing really made me cringe unlike the scene in TASM I just mentioned, followed by the goal post scene. So yeah, TASM's worse scene is worse than TDKR's worse scene.

I actually liked that scene. Pete is young and really doesn't have a plan. He knows that he has some amazing powers and tests them to see the limit. He doesn't yet know that it might be prudent to cover his face because like any young person that may aquire those abilities...it's adrenaline and excitement, who has time for rational thought. How do you know that place would be popular anyway? Early on a Sunday morning there are plenty of 'dead' areas in NYC so he could have been doing it at that time.

It's all good.

If those figurines are good, I might buy them.

The worst scene in TASM for me was the scene where Peter is asking Connors how to track the lizard. It was silly, I thought.

For TDKR, I cringed when John Blake was introduced (I thought the dialogue from Gordon in that scene was just horrible, maybe that's just me), when John knew who Batman was and the death scene was pretty awful. However, there were plenty of great scenes, don't get me wrong!

I think that had TDK come out this year it'd be unquestionably the best CBM this year, but I think that all three are up there with the top spot switching from person to person.

EDIT: Oh God, I forgot the hilarious Foley death (off screen->dead lying there looking like he's sleeping) and the "WHERE IS THE TRIGGER??" I'm not one to make fun of the Bat voice because it serves a purpose, but man it was almost a parody at that point.

Last edited:
The worst scene in TASM for me was the scene where Peter is asking Connors how to track the lizard. It was silly, I thought.

For TDKR, I cringed when John Blake was introduced (I thought the dialogue from Gordon in that scene was just horrible, maybe that's just me), when John knew who Batman was and the death scene was pretty awful. However, there were plenty of great scenes, don't get me wrong!

I think that had TDK come out this year it'd be unquestionably the best CBM this year, but I think that all three are up there with the top spot switching from person to person.

I can certainly agree with that. TDK is 2nd on my list of top CBMs.

Well, ASM is better than TDKR

I think the same! :up: but just for a bit if someone told me what would you rather watch TASM or TDKR I would choose TASM can´t wait for both blurays and The Avengers too :)
EDIT: i saw these online :
honest-movie-poster-dark-knight-rises.jpg

honest-movie-poster-amazing-spider-man.jpg

Last edited:
I think the same! :up: but just for a bit if someone told me what would you rather watch TASM or TDKR I would choose TASM can´t wait for both blurays and The Avengers too :)

Yeah, man, it's all opinions. I truly loved ASM. It has its issues, but so does every other movie to their degrees. TDKR was enjoyable but it was a letdown for me for the most part however I try and look at the positives with it and see that it is a worthy conclusion to a very good trilogy. Avengers was just all kinds of kick ass. They way I see it, as a CB fan, we got three very good movies all in one summer and that is just about as cool as it gets.

They way I see it, as a CB fan, we got three very good movies all in one summer and that is just about as cool as it gets.
true, everyone talks about which one is better and yeah we got the start of a new franchise (TASM),The Climax of a great planned universe (Avengers) and the end of an Epic superhero story (TDKR) ,they are all different, and why not enjoy all of them

I don't know...maybe it's just because I'm in the Spidey lounge, lol...

Well, ASM is better than TDKR, imo, so excuse me.

You're excused....this time.

Probably not my worst scene, but this was terrible. The whole scene felt too uncomfortable just to give Connors more screentime as Connors once he started to become Lizard.

The dialogue was fine, imo. Oldman was brilliant giving off a much older Commissioner. And JGL was just fine being shown as a young cop.

Blake knowing Bruce's secret is definitely a nod to Tim Drake, but, yah, it needed more than just being a nod to seem like it was an actual deduction.

No, no...even with TDK being released, people would still complain and call another movie better.

EDIT: Oh God, I forgot the hilarious Foley death (off screen->dead lying there looking like he's sleeping)

Foley was the worst character in TDKR. As much as I love The Dark Knight Rises, the Deputy Commissioner was a pointless character. As I said numerous times...there wasn't a ****ing Deputy Commissioner in BB/TDK and a character just pops up. Pointless.

No need to be condescending there Anno. I respect your opinion, the least you can do is respect mine.

Then I would advise that this

It always surprises me when critics have opposing views to my own opinion. :o

was not needed as well.

If you don't want condescending remarks, don't dish them out first.

So what if I was surprised by the top critics? Was that any necessary as to what I said to you? Not one bit.

I would also say ASM is better than TDKR for me. It's my favorite movie of the year.

I liked Avengers but I kinda found it a bit....Hollow. Like it didn't have a heart. They tried to do something with Coulson but it fell flat for me. Still incredibly entertaining as a movie, but not something I had any urge to watch anytime soon after leaving the theater.

I still want to see ASM again, it was just the right blend of fun, heart and action. Well, maybe it needed a bit more action, but it's really a minor complaint in in the gran scheme of things.

As big a Spidey fan as I am, I want to prefer TDKR, cause I still prefer the previous two Nolan movies to almost any other movie, minus the 89 Batman film

Then I would advise that this

was not needed as well.

If you don't want condescending remarks, don't dish them out first.

So what if I was surprised by the top critics? Was that any necessary as to what I said to you? Not one bit.

:doh:

Ok. You left off half of my quote there...but first, I put that sarcasm emoticon after the part you mentioned which meant I wasn't being serious and was further enforced with the second part of that particular quote when I left the emoticon with the smilie face and sticking out the tongue. It was meant as a joke and not to be condescending. If you took it that way, I apologize but I clearly didn't intend it in that manner. I've never been a d*ck to you and I've no reason to start but you're post was out of line.

That being said, I still respect your opinion and I respect your posting style here on the Hype. You're probably one of the more efficient posters on here and definitely better at it than me...I'm not much of a debater. Anyway, I apologize again if you took my post in the wrong way. I dunno what it is but recently people on here seem to be on edge.

As big a Spidey fan as I am, I want to prefer TDKR, cause I still prefer the previous two Nolan movies to almost any other movie, minus the 89 Batman film

why didn´t you like Batman(89) ?that´s my childhood :(

:doh:

Ok. You left off half of my quote there...but first, I put that sarcasm emoticon after the part you mentioned which meant I wasn't being serious and was further enforced with the second part of that particular quote when I left the emoticon with the smilie face and sticking out the tongue. It was meant as a joke and not to be condescending. If you took it that way, I apologize but I clearly didn't intend it in that manner. I've never been a d*ck to you and I've no reason to start but you're post was out of line.

That being said, I still respect your opinion and I respect your posting style here on the Hype. You're probably one of the more efficient posters on here and definitely better at it than me...I'm not much of a debater. Anyway, I apologize again if you took my post in the wrong way. I dunno what it is but recently people on here seem to be on edge.

Even with the other "oldrazz" emoticon, it did seem that you didn't care for the fact that I said I was surprised since I do prefer TDKR and that attitude I believe you had, I didn't feel that my remark would mean anything. But, if you didn't mean that way, than I very well apologize for my remark as well.

To be honest, your last sentence is accurate and I thought you were one of the posters "on the edge" from your comment towards me. But, I hope all is well now between us :up:

I can edit my remark if you would like me to.

Even with the other "oldrazz" emoticon, it did seem that you didn't care for the fact that I said I was surprised since I do prefer TDKR and that attitude I believe you had, I didn't feel that my remark would mean anything. But, if you didn't mean that way, than I very well apologize for my remark as well.

To be honest, your last sentence is accurate and I thought you were one of the posters "on the edge" from your comment towards me. But, I hope all is well now between us :up:

I can edit my remark if you would like me to.

Thanks for the apology and I understand your confusion. It kind of surprises me the way people are acting on the boards as of late. As I said in another previous post, you'd think us CB fans would be overjoyed about the three awesome movies we got this summer. But instead, we have a bunch of bickering, whining, negative a-holes taking sides and acting like children. I guess I'm not surprised that you would think I would be in that "on edge" group but I assure you I'm not. A Spidey fanboy I may be but I still have a pretty level head and don't let silly emotions cloud my judgement or actions. I may have preferred ASM and even though TDKR was not up to par imo, Bat fans should be extremely happy with Nolan's completed trilogy.

Believe me when I say I respect your opinion, even if you prefer Bats. :cwink:
All is perfectly well between us and it always has been. I don't expect that to change. Don't bother fixing/editing your comment...we'll just chalk it up to a misunderstanding and move on. Cool?

I'm a bigger Spider-Man fan than a Batman fan and I enjoyed TDKR much more than I did ASM. Mainly because of the fact that since last year, my focus and my expectations were set on ASM, and I ended up knowing little to nothing about TDKR going into it's premiere. The two movies were at both ends of how to hype up an upcoming movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"