The Dark Knight Wizard Article Transcript (work in progress)

Great transcription and Awesome article so far. :up:

With each passing new article and interview we're getting each day my anticipation for this movie is going into the stratasphere. By the time of the trailer comes out my head will be ready to burst! :woot:

Thanks for posting this.
This is very interesting stuff on Two-Face & The Joker.
10/10 :batty:

Great transcription and Awesome article so far. :up:

With each passing new article and interview we're getting each day my anticipation for this movie is going into the stratasphere. By the time of the trailer comes out my head will be ready to burst! :woot:
Agreed.

Now that's a nice article.

I just love the way Nolan understands the psychology of the characters. I think it would be a mistake to present The Joker as a "human being" with fears, hopes, feelings, childhood traumas and whatnot. No exact origin sounds good to me! I like the idea of The Joker being somewhat of a mystery. Where does this guy come from? What drives him? To me, The Joker has always been like this twisted force of nature with a sadistic grin.

Obviously things will get very personal between Batman and The Joker in TDK. They will both be obsessed about destroying each other. It will be an epic showdown! The Joker isn't my favourite Batman villain, but he sure is the most iconic one. The real archnemesis. I wonder how the first confrontation between Batman and The Joker is going to be executed. It has to be an immortal moment in the history of cinema. Can't wait!

The Joker isn't my favourite Batman villain, but he sure is the most iconic one. The real archnemesis. I wonder how the first confrontation between Batman and The Joker is going to be executed. It has to be an immortal moment in the history of cinema. Can't wait!

If he isn't your fave, then who is?

If he isn't your fave, then who is?

Scarecrow, hands down. Or "Linnunpelätti" in finnish.:cwink:

By far the most fascinating villain in the Batman universe IMO. And the way he was handled by Nolan, Murphy and the rest of the crew in Batman Begins...just brilliant. I'm glad Crane makes an appearance(not sure how this one is spelled)also in TDK. It should be great!

Thank you so much for this AR.
Everything I've heard in this article was good. And that's, well, good.

thats ok, jus tryin to help the Hype :) If all this came out in this article, one can only wonder what's gonna happen in the coming months.

"Christ asked me to do this because he wanted me, not because he wanted some generic lady in a dress."

Jesus is a Batman fan. :)

This would suggest otherwise:

"We just find him dressed like this, and you can assume that he might've been dressed like that for years," Hemming reveals. "Whatever he's been up to and doing, before we meet him he's been wearing these clothes. He's already scarred in the film, so the makeup comes from what he does to himself to enhance that rather than to look like a clown. It's much more of a street kind of Joker rather than a man who puts on a clown mask.

Hemming says he's already The Joker, right from the start of the film. A fact the reports of the prologue confirm. So, barring some kind of Joker flashback later in the film (which could be presented as unreliable - it would be a great place to incorporate the "I like my past to be multiple choice" line) we're not getting an origin.

Just because they say this is what probably happened to him, doesn't mean we'll see it.

Yeah, but I'm also not going to put much faith in a costume designer of all people in knowing what happens in the story/plot. Just saying...

Yeah, but I'm also not going to put much faith in a costume designer of all people in knowing what happens in the story/plot. Just saying...
A costume minion who sews, no, but the designer? I bet she's privvy to all that stuff. How else would she know what the director wants if he doesn't show her the script?

Great article! w00t! :up:

You might have a point, but I'd still put more faith in a costume designer privy to details about the film than I would in the speculation of a magazine columnist...

Big thanks to ActuallyRobin! Bravo my friend, bravo.

Scarecrow, hands down. Or "Linnunpelätti" in finnish.:cwink:

By far the most fascinating villain in the Batman universe IMO. And the way he was handled by Nolan, Murphy and the rest of the crew in Batman Begins...just brilliant. I'm glad Crane makes an appearance(not sure how this one is spelled)also in TDK. It should be great!

Understandable, he would be among my faves too.

"In this movie he does much more easily assume a more detective type role," says Nolan. "That was something that was important for us to get in the first film. we got in there in a small way, but in dealing with the origin and dealing with all of the larger aspects of the character I that that it became very difficult to get that in there. What we've tried to put into this is all the stuff that we couldn't get in that first film. Him as a detective is one of those aspects."

I'm very happy to hear this. It's one of the few things I was hoping Nolan would devote a little more screentime to. Yay! :batty:

Once again, thanks for posting this Robin^^

I was thinking about the story arc for all 3 movies while reading this. The Joker almost has to be in the third one, because if you think about it, Two-Face is a different kind of villain than the others. He's one that Bruce can reach, because deep inside Dent still exists. So the third film will need to have that very scary, anarchic element in The Joker as well in order to keep the intensity up.

Just a thought.

All good, except the Lucius designing a new suit part. Shouldn't Bruce be doing that? Sasquatchs is gonna be pissed.
Otherwise, fantastic. All sounds good, really, really looking forward to Ledger and Eckhart now.
Thanks, Robin, BTW.

Yeah, I should echo everyone else's sentiments - thank you ActuallyRobin!

Bale, who didn't put on as much physical muscle for "Dark Knight" as he did for "Batman Begins,"

Even though this is obvious from the pics, it still saddens me to read it. For once, in BB, we got a powerful and powerful looking Batman. Now we could be back to the skinny man who uses technology and devices for his power instead of actual physical strength.

The Dark Knight is going to rock the box office next summer!

thanks ActuallyRobin! Very cool!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"