Wizarding World of Harry Potter

What does Butterbeer taste like? And without spoilers, how can you describe the new ride? Haha.

Butterbeer taste like a Butterscotch type of soda.

[blackout]You get up close and personal with dragons, spiders, Whomping Willow, and Dementors, and also has Simspson-esque portions in the ride. It's not a roller coaster, the ride moves in all directions and it's amazing.[/blackout]
:awesome:

What does butterscotch soda taste like?

Butterbeer taste like a Butterscotch type of soda.

[blackout]You get up close and personal with dragons, spiders, Whomping Willow, and Dementors, and also has Simspson-esque portions in the ride. It's not a roller coaster, the ride moves in all directions and it's amazing.[/blackout]
:awesome:

How big does the Whomping Willow seem to be? And how close do the Dementor's seem to get to you?

I'm excited. This Sunday, I'll be there! My friends and I were excited to see Hogwarts Castle on I4 driving to downtown Orlando Saturday. Haha.

What about the Whomping Willow? How big does it appear to be?
I'll say I was impressed with how big they made it. I'll say if it wasn't scaled to size as the movie makes it, it was only a bit smaller with thicker branches

96 more days for me! I'm hoping the crowds will be slightly more manageable by then. :wow:

Looks like I'm going to get to try pumpkin juice early. My boss's husband brought home a ton of it (he was there for the Today Show last week) and they don't know what to do with it all. :funny:

I wish I can go to Orlando, just for this theme park. :(

Nice, Danoyse! Haha. And yeah.. hopefully Potter will make Universal more profitable! More rides and attractions = YAY!

Ok.. I went! And my review? Are you ready? Because I'm gonna spoil some stuff.. so don't read what's next!

Seriously.. I'm gonna spill a ton of beans.. haha.

Alrighty! Where the hell do I start?! I'll start with the ride. It was. Amazing. Think of mixing the overall experience of Spider-Man, with the up-close and personal animatronics of Jurassic Park. Up-close and personal doesn't even describe this, though. They get SOOOOO close to you! SO close! By the way? Think of the car looking like this on the track: -----[1|2|3|4]----- Got it? Sit in seat 3, and the Dementor will take a special liking to you.. haha. I won't spoil that part, because it made my friend Cait almost pee her pants in fear.. haha!!

Besides that, similar to the old Earthquake ride with the projection of the actor, the line queue features all the main characters in their natural settings .. and they look as if they are standing right by you. It was amazing. The talking paintings, Dumbledore's office, the social area of the student's dorms, and Botany class area with Mandrakes, and other set pieces keep you on your toes.. so the wait flies by. Which? If you ask me, is a big deal with these waits.

Ollivander's stands out to me for the shops. The performance of having the wand choose you is spot-on with the movie! It was awesome, haha. Unfortunetly, it's only one person out of 20 or so, so not everyone will get the chance to do this. The food is amazing British food. You're talking about Shepherd's pie, fish and chips, beef pastries, a ton of salad, and some nice deserts. The price is reasonable for all this. And the exclusion of all sodas from the park is refreshing. This pretty much forces everyone to purchase a Butterbeer. And if you do, let's face it .. you will .. you will be hooked. It's a butterscotch/cream soda, with a small caramel cream floating on top. It takes two dispensers to make this stuff. I paid $3 for a large amount at the Three Broomsticks, and it's $4 for a Frozen Butterbeer, which the only difference is that the butterscotch/cream soda is a frozen slushie kind of.. with the cream still on top.

Ok .. which brings me to the negatives.. :(

First disappointment is the Dragon Challenge line queue. Which, to be honest, is just me nit-picking.. haha. The inclusion of all the Tri-Wizard Challenge banners and flags outside through the line queue was awesome! It looked as if you were approaching a real tournament. Once inside they displayed a few set pieces from the movies, and some of the trophies won after each challenge. The eggs, the Cup, and a few others. After that are a ton of "floating" candles in one room, and after that? Nothing.. just a ton of empty corridors with skull imprints everywhere.. it's so brown and boring. Seriously.. lol. The actual loading area was cool though. If you look up, you could see the dragon's animated shadows bouncing off the ceiling.

Besides that .. $6 for a small bottle of Pumpkin Juice? Really? It's good just to say you've tried it.. but it gets sickening. Way too overpowering.. it tastes like Bottled/liquified Pumpkin Pie! Haha. And $10 a pop for the chocolate frog? Passsss.. haha!

Good overall though! 10/10 as far as theme parks go. Great rides, great lines, great food and drinks, and WANDS! Real wooden wands!

Go to this park, people.

Hope you guys like my review.. I think that is probably the largest post I've ever made on the Hype! w00t w00t!

Awesome review.

And just so you know, this is only Harry Potter island Phase I.:cwink:

I've heard there's more coming once Deathly Hallows is released. :up:

88 more days!

Hmm, still haven't been yet... I'm trying to wait until the crowds aren't that bad, but I really want to go, haha. If I check it out soon I'll let you guys know :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"