Wolverine filming update/news.

I've been following Ian's blog since last May when he was reporting great stuff on Hugh's movie "Australia" - he usually posts something every weekend.

I also wonder why they haven't announced a confirmed cast - perhaps everyone isn't in place yet and they are just waiting for that to make one big announcement?
That's very much possible. Michelle Monaghan is in the middle of shooting a movie and she said they needed to resolve some scheduling complications before she could commit and i'm guessing that they're having similar difficulties with Michael C Hall since he's doing Dexter.

I think that's his personal trainer/friend Michael Ryan on his right.

700935.jpg

JACKMAN IN TOWN: Movie star Hugh Jackman faces a tough filming schedule, but is still finding time to take in the sights in Queenstown - he was snapped, top right, enjoying a Shotover Jet river ride last weekend.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/4396119a1860.html

Jackman takes in Queenstown's attractions

The Press | Monday, 11 February 2008

JACKMAN IN TOWN: Movie star Hugh Jackman faces a tough filming schedule, but is still finding time to take in the sights in Queenstown - he was snapped, top right, enjoying a Shotover Jet river ride last weekend.

It's official. Movie star Hugh Jackman is in Queenstown. The resort town has been buzzing with sightings of the Australian heart-throb since shooting began in the region for the Hollywood blockbuster X-Men Origins: Wolverine.

Film publicist Victoria Buchan confirmed the star had been in town for more than a week.

She said filming was under way in the Queenstown Lakes District, and would take three or four months. Jackman faces a rigorous filming schedule, but is still finding time to take in the sights.
He was snapped, top right, enjoying a Shotover Jet river ride last weekend.

Blog posts on the internet have also recorded sightings of Jackman around the resort, including one of the actor running through the woods near Glenorchy in full Wolverine costume.

And i think at the left (back) you can see Liev Schreiber? Could be wrong.:huh:

14362973jo4.jpg

Looks like great fun though that boat.:grin:

And i think at the left (back) you can see Liev Schreiber? Could be wrong.:huh:

14362973jo4.jpg

Looks like great fun though that boat.:grin:

It's definitely Liev at the back left - someone confirmed it on another website - and he has muttonchops. There's a closeup group shot on the Shotover Jet website but you need a code to see the pics.

Here's the website for Shotover Jet:

http://www.shotoverjet.com

^^Nice!

From The Red Carpet Fellowship forums:
New Film Scenery Lead

(01/27/08 18:21:47)

Hi Folks,

Tour groups travelling with us during the first part of this year will have an oportunity to check out some scenery built for an upcoming film- 'Wolverine'. They have built two log cabins- one on Kelvin Heights and the other out at Glenorchy. The latter is scheduled to be blown up!

Filming starts in February.

No news on The Hobbit front but excitement is building

And queenstowner Nicola Taylor says:
"Hugh Jackman is working out in my gym..He's cool! " (4 days ago)
http://theredcarpetfellowship.yuku.com/topic/499/t/New-Film-Scenery.html
http://www.bebo.com/nicolataylor86

ALright i'd just like to say this. WHY are they using new zealand to double as canada, when canada is canada. They should have filmed the movie in vancouver and alberta. Stupid.

hey guys well ive got some news!!hughs in town some people i know spotted him at the supermarket!and theyre were filming near my school today.yesterday they blocked off a couple of streets and tried to disguise it as road works but if you went around the corner there were camera theyre here for a a couple more weeks.unfortunately i didnt have a camera but if i see anymore i will try and get some pics

ALright i'd just like to say this. WHY are they using new zealand to double as canada, when canada is canada. They should have filmed the movie in vancouver and alberta. Stupid.
Money, politics, an actor's whim...

Let's start with the obvious. Hugh Jackman is australian. In 2006, his production company opened an office on the Fox lot in Sydney with the intention of developing local projects for an international market. Wolverine will be their first major production (or co-production). A lot of it will be filmed in Fox Studies, Sydney and it will benefit from new tax incentives. However, Australia doesn't look or sound much like Canada so they need to look elsewhere for outside locations and New Zealand is a lot closer than Canada.

What else? Rupert Murdoch, head of Fox's parent company, News Corporation, may have US citizenship but his roots are in Australia.

So if you want to blame someone, it had better be Hugh Jackman. This allows him to base his family in Australia and help the local film industry. He's just spent nine months working with an australian film crew on Baz Luhrmann's movie and by persuading Fox to film Wolverine in Australia, he provides further employment for the crew and helps maintain the skills-set within the country.

Guys, it's true the rumor about the "Cassidy Bar" in Dunedin (New Zealand)? I have heard this from a guy that it asserts to work on the set. He gave me many details about this set, but i don't know if it's true or not...

Apparently it's a bar set where Victor Creed and Wolverine get into a fight, and Creed ends up throwing Logan through some barn-style doors, but like you said - I'm not sure if it's 100% true or not.

^^Sounds like something that would happen if those two were in a bar.:woot:

Looks they have done or are doing some 2nd unit work in Sydney.

From SaraPutt Associates:
Edward Brett - 1st AD - on location in Sydney on 2nd Unit of ''X Men Origins - Wolverine'
Source:http://saraputt.co.uk/clients/directors/edward-brett.html

A possible set report and another sighting of Schreiber from the gpforums:

Film Crew? Dunedin?

10 Feb 2008 11:18 am

I was driving down the one way heading towards the Exchange, and there's this big orange sign that said "30km/hr film crew"

So I turned off my subwoofer and killed the stereo, and some dude was filmed emptying bottles into a truck, lol.

Anybody know anything about this film thing? It looked awesome. It's the first time I've actually seen a film crew.
10 Feb 2008 3:16 am

this guy was sitting outside dilusso (beside where we work) who happend to be Liev Schreiber. boyfriend of namoi watts for those of you who dont read womens weekly .

ANYWAY she eventually built up the courage (she had more than enough courage b4 i even got there if u know wat i mean ) to confront him and bada bing it was actually a hollywood celeb on our doorstep !!! HAHAHA
Source:1 2

and someone who almost got on the movie....

Well iam in NewZealand now and i can pretty much say this place is absolutely fecking gorgeous iam staying in Queenstown for the next four months and this is where they filmed the Lord of the Rings films i can see why. Its surrounded by gorgeous mountains that make Scotland look pathetic. And there is a huge lake and i mean HUGE. Well iam going to look for a job time is money you know. iam so pissed off i missed the auditions for the new x-men film by one god dam day i could have been an american soldier i was told(extra). but any way iam signed up with the agency so any new films that are being made i will be in the line up for auditions. they make tons of films here about 6 a year they just done that waterhorse one just before they started x-men. iam here in queenstown for the next 6months so heres hoping.
Source:http://www.bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=2493851154

Apparently it's a bar set where Victor Creed and Wolverine get into a fight, and Creed ends up throwing Logan through some barn-style doors, but like you said - I'm not sure if it's 100% true or not.

haha all true theyre in dunedin filming for a few weeks!

^^Sounds like something that would happen if those two were in a bar.:woot:

Looks they have done or are doing some 2nd unit work in Sydney.

From SaraPutt Associates:
Source:http://saraputt.co.uk/clients/directors/edward-brett.html

A possible set report and another sighting of Schreiber from the gpforums:

Source:1 2

and someone who almost got on the movie....

Source:http://www.bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=2493851154

This update was a funny one. :p Sucks he missed it by a day :down
haha all true theyre in dunedin filming for a few weeks!

This is the info I got from the IMDB user who says he worked on the set. I put question marks and 'unconfirmed' just to be safe, lol...

Possible Wolverine Scene Details?

According to an unconfirmed source, X-MEN ORIGINS: WOLVERINE has been busy filming in Dunedin, New Zealand for the last two days on a set called ‘Cassidys Bar’. The set is the grounds for a major fight scene between Victor Creed (Sabertooth) and Logan (Wolverine). The bar is in the shape of a barn with large doors at the front.

In the scene, Logan is thrown the entire legnth of the bar (about 60 feet) through the large front barn style doors. The bar itself seats about 50 people and has a large bar at the far end running alongside the entire wall, with trucks and a snowmobile parked.

yep theyre in dunedin for a few weeks got some filming info
They blocked queens gardens area to film this building and are knocking down this brick buliding off dunedin motorway and found out where and when hugh jackman goes to the gym 630am every morning!

I was a bit bothered by the black leather to begin with (this is a prequel!) but in the wider picture it looks more like a regular biker jacket. The photo's dated 3rd February which would make it the same day as the jetboat ride.

Obviously, the hair isn't styled, but I wonder if they'll go for a less extreme style this time. Is there anything in the adamantium process that triggers the hair growth?

After closer inspection, I think this is just a photo taken on his day off and immediately after the jetboat ride (you can see the river in th e background of the wider shot and his hair is wet).

I was a bit bothered by the black leather to begin with (this is a prequel!) but in the wider picture it looks more like a regular biker jacket. The photo's dated 3rd February which would make it the same day as the jetboat ride.

Obviously, the hair isn't styled, but I wonder if they'll go for a less extreme style this time. Is there anything in the adamantium process that triggers the hair growth?

After closer inspection, I think this is just a photo taken on his day off and immediately after the jetboat ride (you can see the river in th e background of the wider shot and his hair is wet).

I agree about the timeline and being his day off - plus his hair looks like it's all wet.

We guys know it's a little more complicated than that.
X1 - own hair plus hair-pieces until his hair grew long enough
X2 - own hair except for the reshoots
x3 - wigs
Watching his hair change from one scene to the next is one of the joys of the franchise.

I liked his X1 hair best, it looked more natural.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"