Wolverine should be searching for Gambit!

Not to mention that Gambit is 43 years old by the time X-2 rolls around...so if he were to ever appear in normal continuity, even in the next film, he should be about 50 years old, requiring a different actor.

How is Gambit 43? X2 takes place 15 years after we see Gambit. So Gambit is 28 in Origins? Says who?

Who says Gambit wasn't 20? Therefore making him 35 in X2 and only 3 yrs older than Cyclops.

X1-X3 had a tight timeline.. don't know if it was ever noted... could have all been within 1-2 years. Depending on when X4 takes place... Gambit could still be in his late 30s.

Fact is.. it's never said how old he is. And they can reasonably make him as young as they like to make him be as young as possible during the next movie(s).

How is Gambit 43? X2 takes place 15 years after we see Gambit. So Gambit is 28 in Origins? Says who?

Who says Gambit wasn't 20? Therefore making him 35 in X2 and only 3 yrs older than Cyclops.

X1-X3 had a tight timeline.. don't know if it was ever noted... could have all been within 1-2 years. Depending on when X4 takes place... Gambit could still be in his late 30s.

Fact is.. it's never said how old he is. And they can reasonably make him as young as they like to make him be as young as possible during the next movie(s).

Im going by the age of the actor...and the fact that he was clearly older than the teens...and hung out in bars.

Sorry dude, geekgasm at the thought all you want...if Gambit were to appear in modern X-Men films, hed have to be 50...but who am i kidding...theres already too many plot holes to notice another huge one...

Im going by the age of the actor...and the fact that he was clearly older than the teens...and hung out in bars.

Sorry dude, geekgasm at the thought all you want...if Gambit were to appear in modern X-Men films, hed have to be 50...but who am i kidding...theres already too many plot holes to notice another huge one...

Well then.. Cyclops must be 23 in Origins then! The actor portraying him is that age.

But we're not talking about the actor.. we're talking about the character.

Jackman was 31 during X1... he's 40 now. Does that mean Wolverine went from 31 to 40 years old? Of course not.

Marsden was 26 in X1... while Famke was 35. Were those the ages of the characters in X-Men? Is Jean supposed to be 10 years older than Cyclops? The actors are.

Don't EVER go by actors. Go by what the stories say and right now.. it hasn't been told how old Gambit is.

The same way Pocock is portraying someone 6 years younger.. Kitsch could be portraying someone 6 years younger. Look is not always accurate. Like you said.. Kitsch "clearly" appears older than the "teens" yet some of those main "teens" (like Pocock and Tozzi) are themselves 23!

Gambit's character definitely is more mature than those two tho, I agree. But that's Gambit.. he's defintely grown up earlier than most. He's not a boy-scout like Scott and if I used a fake I.D. at 18 to get into bars.. I'm pretty sure a badass like Gambit would too. Like being 20 is going to stop him from drinking and messing around in shady places... lol. Come on man.

Oh geez...

For Wolverine you can make an exception...the fact that you cant tell the difference between a normal human and someone whos character is not supposed to age really shows how you liked this film.

Sure there are exceptions...when a role requires nudity or harsh treatment then teens are generally played by people in their twenties...and thats okay,

However, Gambit was in a freaking bar, and quite comfortable there. I have been carded every time Ive walked into a bar in new orleans (though there are exceptions Im sure...probably many). Gambit was NOT a teenager in this movie. Saying that he is would just be denying all sorts of truth.

Of course, youd hate to admit that this movie has plot holes...so why not just put Gambit in modern day set films and have him be 25. You wouldnt notice anything weird with that.

maybe Gambit ages slower since he's a mutant? i don't know.

yes, since he and Agent Zero have the powers to jump really really high! at this point, nothing makes sense so why not!

yes, since he and Agent Zero have the powers to jump really really high! at this point, nothing makes sense so why not!

Maybe they got some of those GI Joe suits that suck so bad.

Gambit looks way older then Cyclops in this film.

The actual people playing them... the actual people are 4 years apart.

Now, the characters they portray don't have to go by that rule.. they can be different ages.. BUT.. how could it be unreasonable to have the actors, that ARE 4 years apart, to portray characters... 4 years apart???

You just shift their ages down 7 years.

So now... Cyclops is 16 and Gambit is 20. It's believable, it's not like someone is saying Gambit is 12 years old. 20 is the age of most college students. That's the difference in "look". Cyclops has the high-school "look" while Gambit has the college "look".

My point is, there's no reason to make Gambit older than "late-30s" in X4 unless 1) X4 takes place many years after X3 or 2) You'd like to say introducing Gambit in Origins is a mistake.

Gambit is perfectly fine. The only real issue is the age between him and Rogue... which is almost 20 years apart. But that's a problem that originated from a change made in X1. It's more reasonable to age Gambit comparable to Cyclops, Jean and those of the First Class then it is to make him a kid too just because Rogue is a kid.

Last edited:
you know what? I don't mind the silly suits from GI Joe to be honest. There was a dude from GI Joe named Snow Job. SNOW JOB. It just shows how absurd the entire franchise is, and that's the charm.

you know what? I don't mind the silly suits from GI Joe to be honest. There was a dude from GI Joe named Snow Job. SNOW JOB. It just shows how absurd the entire franchise is, and that's the charm.

then you dont know GI Joe

i think i know enough.

I understand now that the comics and the new cartoon are taking it more seriously, I'm not trying to say it's an absolute waste but I'm saying that most likely the movie is more like the early comics and cartoon. Let's face it: it was silly. But, it doesn't mean that it has to be a bad movie either.

Oh geez...

For Wolverine you can make an exception...the fact that you cant tell the difference between a normal human and someone whos character is not supposed to age really shows how you liked this film.

Sure there are exceptions...when a role requires nudity or harsh treatment then teens are generally played by people in their twenties...and thats okay,

However, Gambit was in a freaking bar, and quite comfortable there. I have been carded every time Ive walked into a bar in new orleans (though there are exceptions Im sure...probably many). Gambit was NOT a teenager in this movie. Saying that he is would just be denying all sorts of truth.

Of course, youd hate to admit that this movie has plot holes...so why not just put Gambit in modern day set films and have him be 25. You wouldnt notice anything weird with that.

My point is. Don't assume a character is the age of the actor. That's it. Kitsch's age has nothing to do with Gambit's.

Why was Gambit not 20 in the movie? Give me one good truth? Not simply he seemed comfortable at a bar.

Of course he's comfortable.. he's Gambit! A bar is nothing to him. There was nothing in this film that said Gambit couldn't be 20... or even 21 if you think drinking underage is such a big deal. All we have is his look... and since LeBron James looked 30 by the time he was 19... I'm open to anything reasonable.

But I'm always open to know why it is unreasonable for Gambit to be 20 in this film if the franchise asks just that.

You're answer is he's comfortable in a bar because he's gambit????

What does that mean??? This is a MOVIE...and lord knows that in the movies, you CANNOT give a character attributes from the comics or cartoons just because he has the same name.

There is NOTHING about gambit in THIS MOVIE that suggests that he would be anything other than what he appears on the surface.

He knows how to pilot a plane, and few teenagers are skilled pilots.

21 is the legal drinking age, and bars in New Orleans have no use for you if you arent drinking.

I dont really need to go on do I???

You're answer is he's comfortable in a bar because he's gambit????

What does that mean??? This is a MOVIE...and lord knows that in the movies, you CANNOT give a character attributes from the comics or cartoons just because he has the same name.

There is NOTHING about gambit in THIS MOVIE that suggests that he would be anything other than what he appears on the surface.

He knows how to pilot a plane, and few teenagers are skilled pilots.

21 is the legal drinking age, and bars in New Orleans have no use for you if you arent drinking.

I dont really need to go on do I???

First of all.. we agree. Gambit was not a teenager in this movie. Let's move on.

Second of all, I can't get it in your head that people have good fake I.D.s. And now I can't use comic-Gambit as a reference as to why and how he'd have one. Fine. So Gambit is 21.

At 21.. you can be a pilot... you can drink... and you can be comfortable at social events. Now, using general background knowledge of Gambit makes that even easier to argue.. but, I'm not allowed to. That's a valid point to make if I started talking about the "Thieves Guild" because that may or may not be movie-verse Gambit. That's where people go too far... too detailed.. too specific.

But it's unfair for you to ignore the general character of Gambit. These basic personality traits should be assumed until proven wrong. I'm talking basic-basic, "ladies man", "loner", "rebel"... etc.

Also, many of the prisoners were young.. so why would Gambit be the out-of-place adult in the group? In the end, it could simply go either way. It's reasonable for him to be 21... and it's reasonable for him to be 28. We both saw this character and we both have made assumptions based on the character we saw. Neither of us, right now, is right or wrong. The movie-verse will decide.. I'm pretty sure anyone who would like to see Gambit again would choose for the better of two reasonable options. It's only that.. two reasonable options.

Taylor played a 16/17-year-old in Friday Night Lights. Why not play a 20 or 21-year-old Cajun? :D

Spoilers of course.....

But when wolverine got shot at the end of Wolverine he of course lost his memory. Gambit is there telling Wolverine that thet need to get going and stuff, but then Wolverine says he'll go his own way.

Well maybe Wolverine is in shock or something, but later in Wolverines life (X-Men 1-3) Wolverine is trying to figure out who he is and where he comes from.

Shouldn't Wolverine try to seek out Gambit since it seemed like Gambit knew who he was? Shouldn't he tell Xavior to read his mind and figure out who that mutant was?

(I know they didn't have this story made at the time Xmen but just something to think about.

If they made an Xmen 4 could this be a way to add Gambit to the story?
gambit was searching for his cards that accidentally drop into the rubble. how can wolverine tag along?

So if Cyclops is 18 and Gambit 21 then that's not bad. Then in X-men 4 Gambit would be around the same age as veteran members. Let's say he's in his mid 30's then he can still flirt with a low 20's Rogue.

And again my thought of Wolverine finding Gambit is just a way to get Gambit in the story. Gambit can mention how wolverine wanted to kill Stryker and Creed. (Creed was so good in this movie I wouldn't mind if they ignored Sabertooth as just being another mutant and just re-bring back Creed)

Stryker of course is dead but when they find Creed no doubt he'll fill in Wolverine on what his past was all about.

Just some ideas.

All they would have to do is shorten the time between when Wolverine loses his memory and when he meets the X-men. They've messed with a lot of things. Why wouldn't they mess with that?
And if Gambit appears in Wolverine's 2nd movie, I would like for it to be that he returned to stealing because poker playing didn't give him enough of a thrill.

Man, you guys are taking this waaaaay too seriously. Do you honestly think the film makers even thought for a second about whether or not Gambit was old enough to be in a bar, if he'd use a fake ID, how strict they are in New Orleans...any of that stuff?

They're not gonna get somebody else to play Gambit, Kitsch is signed on for 2 more films plus the fans love him. Also, he was really, really good at the role. If they want to shove him in a team movie later on in the timeline, they'll just do it and not bother explaining why he still looks young, because they don't pick at these things like what people are doing here. And to be honest, that's what I hope happens.

Of course I'm not bashing the discussion, so long as people don't think that any of it really matters.

If you ask me, I think that Gambit could well be like, 20 in this film. Why not? Do you think a law about not being able to drink under 21 years old is gonna stop him? This is Gambit, people. The same guy who stole a fighter jet when he was just a child.

Edit: OK fine so they did go to stupid lengths to make Prof. X look younger, even though it seemed like he had a rubber mask on. I guess they do care a little about the timeline. Still I don't think it's gonna have much of an impact on future films.

Last edited:
I would accept some hokey explanation like Mr Sinister turned him into some evil mutant but the xmen save him and he is reverted back (looks like young self)and the whole archangel thing could also come in to effect.

I say he was 28 in Wolverine, will be 28 in first Class, 28 in his solo flick, and will continue to be 28 in X4. why? It's an action movie franchise; no one cares to see characters get too old to fight so it won't happen even if the next one is 100 years from now.

Okay, I just wanna comment on the hypothetical assumption that Gambit is 20 and how that relates to him being comfortable in a bar. The dude spent a lot of time growing up in New Orleans, he has quite a well connected family, if you go to the same places where people get to know you and where they know you have power behind your name...really...whose gonna stop you from going in somewhere where technically you are still not allowed to go into?

Either or neither, I can suspend belief because you know what...I'd rather have Taylor reprise the role of Gambit again than being true to life and getting some old dude. It's a movie, its not something I need to be realistic,especially not since its in the comic book genre,I go see those movies for pure escapism and enjoyment, I want to see cool tricks and see people do those tricks.

Don't forget that Remy is a trained thief. Do you think he wouldn't have a ton of fake IDs and enough swagger not to get carded?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"