World Wonder Studios-A Mysterio Appreciation Thread

It would be great to hear Raimi consider him for SM4.

Oh, absolutely.

With Mysterio's powers you'd think he'd be a shoe-in for a movie villain role. Especially when you put Hollywood's obsession for churning out action-packed, CGI blockbusters into consideration.

Could you imagine how visually stunning Mysterio would be on the big screen? I certainly can.

Let's hope Mr. Raimi can too...

I'm a huge Mysterio fan!He is easily in my top 3 favorite Spider-man villains.I have quite a few Mysterio comics.I own Amazing Spider-man #141,198-199,334-339{Second Sinister Six storyline}Web of Spider-man #90 and a few others.

Mysterio may seem like a kind of goofy character (his costume, his lack of real powers) but when you look at him as a Scarecrow type of character (one that can mess with your mind) you start to see lots of story possibilities. I havent heard any rumors one way or the other regarding Beck in any future movies, but he would be great to see. Supposedly, Raimi has said he likes Morbius.

I do think Beck's a rather underappreciated villain. Not very threatening but certainly entertaining.

Mysterio brings some actual threats. Look what he did to Daredevil, cause he was annoyed for being considered just a C-Level bad guy.

Best of all, yeah his costume can come off foolish, but under the right artist, it comes off looking great too.

He could bring a great theatrical element to the films and since we are getting into the era of all films having to be adapted into 3D, what better villain would perfect for the 3D world then Mysterio and his illusions.

mysteriousn.jpg

Whats that? Fan art or a preview of an upcoming storyline?

Yup Mysterio is coming back in January

I wonder if its part of the Sinister 666 story we're heard about. I still think it may be a return from the grave for several former Sinister Six members. Mysterio, Kraven and Hobgoblin were all members at one point.

Mysterio is one of my favourites and is heavily underrated imo. He would be a villain Raimi could portray well actually.

This is a video I made with Mysterio with clips from The Spectacular Spider-Man tv series:

[YT]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/c6zzTE2rado&hl=sv&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/c6zzTE2rado&hl=sv&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/YT]

This is a video I made with Mysterio with clips from The Spectacular Spider-Man tv series:

To be honest, I don't like how he's portrayed in SSM. Can't really point out exactly what, it just doesn't feel right. Maybe it's the overuse of that flying dragon, his annoying voice and that he yells out that jibberish everytime he does something "magical" (reminds me abit of Pokémon haha! and that's pretty bad).

Fair enough but I thought he was awesome!

Pokémon? I'm not sure where you got that from. Nothing about him reminded me of Pokémon.

Fair enough but I thought he was awesome!

Pokémon? I'm not sure where you got that from. Nothing about him reminded me of Pokémon.

Nah, I wasn't really serious about Pokémon...but it feels kinda awkward how he yells that jibberish each time he does some 'magic'. Would have been better if he just...did it...in my opinion.

I see what you mean. Though, he did it to pretend like he was a real life sorcerer. But now that Spider-Man knows who he is, perhaps we wont hear him saying stuff like that in the future. However, I thought it was funny. He is so cheesy and corny that he rules! :woot:

And would anybody like to see Bruce Campbell play Mysterio in the movies? Because, I think he will be perfect for the role! I mean, just listen to what he said in Spider-Man 2:
"It helps maintain the illusion".

And would anybody like to see Bruce Campbell play Mysterio in the movies? Because, I think he will be perfect for the role! I mean, just listen to what he said in Spider-Man 2:
"It helps maintain the illusion".

I don't know. He is a great actor, but whenever I see him, I can't take him that seriously. Maybe if Mysterio just is a cameo joke villain, but I'd prefer him to be a main/secondary villain instead, and then Campbell wouldn't fit imo.

Nah, I wasn't really serious about Pokémon...but it feels kinda awkward how he yells that jibberish each time he does some 'magic'. Would have been better if he just...did it...in my opinion.

By jibberish I think you mean Latin....

Mysterio is one of my favourites and is heavily underrated imo. He would be a villain Raimi could portray well actually.

I think of him as Spider-Man's answer to the Scarecrow. Both use basic principals of psychology to attack their victims. Misunderstandings and misinterpretations (ie, hallucinations) are common themes in psychology.

Greg Weisman posted the translations on Ask Greg a while ago; some of the stuff is hilarious.

"ACT ONE
Dormite! = Sleep!
Denique diatem efficacem inveni! = I have finally found an effective diet!
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere! = I believe Elvis is alive!
ACT TWO
Dormi! = Sleep!
Fulmina venite! = Come lightning!
Tibi gratias agimus quod nihil fumas! = Thank you for not smoking!
Chelicerata. = Spiders (etc.).
Dormite! = Sleep!
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere! = I believe Elvis is alive!
Elvem! = Elvis!
Dorm-- = Slee--
Nullae satisfactionis potiri non possum! = I can't get no satisfaction!
ACT THREE
Denique diatem efficacem inveni! = I have finally found an effective diet!
Tibi gratias agimus quod nihil fumas! = Thank you for not smoking!
Fulmina venite! = Come lightning!
Fulmina veni-- = Lightning co--
In toto ancto es! = You're in for a world of hurt!
Dormi! = Sleep!

Still makes it too goofy if you ask me. Would of preferred him to just do the illusions you know. I mean, yeah he may have wanted the people to think that he was a real magician, but I don't think yelling in Latin all the time was needed for that. Still, a pretty small detail to complain about, but I just wanted to make my point.

I think of him as Spider-Man's answer to the Scarecrow. Both use basic principals of psychology to attack their victims. Misunderstandings and misinterpretations (ie, hallucinations) are common themes in psychology.

Exactly how I think of him too! His costume may look goofy sometimes, but in some pictures of him, he looks quite intimidating and mysterious. With great designers, they can make him look awesome even with the fishbowl. I think I wrote somewhere how I'd like a battle between Spidey and Mysterio to look and Scarecrow was a big inspiration for me. However, I don't know where that is. Anyway, I think Mysterio should be quite semi-scary in the movie (even if that's unlikely). Not in the vein of horror movies, though, but you get my point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"