Wonder Woman 1984 General Discussion and Speculation - Part 2

Why are they spending money on Marketing if they are going to change's movie's release date ? Unless they are sticking with their June release date.

So, it means WB have made up their minds to release this movie even if it underperfoms (like BoP), great.

WB will soon find they are not like Disney and DC Fans=/= Marvel fans.

Yeah, because Wonder Woman isn't a proven property on film compared to Harley Quinn, am I right?

Plus, no one knows what will happen between now and June. No one expected Fast 9 or A Quiet Place II to get pushed back, yet here we are. People may expect the likes of Mulan or Black Widow or Wonder Woman or Tenet to get stay, but anything can happen. Plus, last I checked, Disney isn't the only other studio out there, no matter how many posts you mention them and WB in the same thought.

WW84 - Dec 11, 2020

WB
giphy.gif

A week before Dune? Assuming that doesn't get moved, thus WB would have two of its own films competing against each other?

A week before Dune? Assuming that doesn't get moved, thus WB would have two of its own films competing against each other?

Move Dune. WB needs to decide already because other movies are being delayed and are going to take late 2020 release dates leaving WB with not a lot of great options.

WB has Godzilla vs Kong (release date 18th Nov) and Dune (release date 18th Dec)

So, two WB movies releasing in November and December, they can let WW84 take their place and shift movie either of these movies to early Summer next year.

WB has Godzilla vs Kong (release date 18th Nov) and Dune (release date 18th Dec)

So, two WB movies releasing in November and December, they can let WW84 take their place and shift movie either of these movies to early Summer next year.

GvK can easily be moved to 2021, but DUNE is tricky because WB moved it from Nov to Dec because they see it as an Oscar contender. I don't like WW84 in November because of Eternals and Bond. All I know is that WB owes Patty the best release date possible because they are in this bad situation because they originally ran away from Dec 2019 and then Nov 2019. For now it just seems as if they are going to wait a month to see how things progress.

Disney has postponed Mulan and New Mutants.

Last edited:
GvK can easily be moved to 2021, but DUNE is tricky because WB moved it from Nov to Dec because they see it as an Oscar contender. I don't like WW84 in November because of Eternals and Bond. All I know is that WB owes Patty the best release date possible because they are in this bad situation because they originally ran away from Dec 2019 and then Nov 2019. For now it just seems as if they are going to wait a month to see how things progress.
Move GvK to 2021, move Dune back to November and WW84 to Dec.

Idk. I feel like Wb might need to move both Dune/Godzilla in 2021.

If they move Wonder Woman, surely thats not the only summer movie they would move/delay right?

I think the December release date is a good thing as it could benefit from the holidays. November has been good for female led movies like Hunger Games and Frozen, so that would be a good month as well.

I don't think this movie is going to do well, in current climate but whatever, just release it anyway.

I want this to do well though. I think we’re all willing to wait. It would be a bummer to watch the movie in June and then the following week find out its underperforming at the BO like BoP because people are afraid to go to the movies.

I want this to do well though. I think we’re all willing to wait. It would be a bummer to watch the movie in June and then the following week find out its underperforming at the BO like BoP because people are afraid to go to the movies.
I consider myself a supporter of DC films but I have my doubts about the performance of this movie.

Releasing it during worldwide Corona outbreak period when many people would prefer staying away from Cinema halls is giving pirates an advantage.

Many will just watch the pirated verson on internet. Though it's illegal but I doubt authorities would be interested in enforcing copyright laws in times of global pandemic.

I consider myself a supporter of DC films but I have my doubts about the performance of this movie.

Releasing it during worldwide Corona outbreak period when many people would prefer staying away from Cinema halls is giving pirates an advantage.

Many will just watch the pirated verson on internet. Though it's illegal but I doubt authorities would be interested in enforcing copyright laws in times of global pandemic.

Side question, is that even a thing anymore? Do people still get in trouble for illegally downloading movies and stuff? They usually, if anything, go after the hosting site and shut it down right? Lol

Idk. I feel like Wb might need to move both Dune/Godzilla in 2021.

If they move Wonder Woman, surely thats not the only summer movie they would move/delay right?

I think the December release date is a good thing as it could benefit from the holidays. November has been good for female led movies like Hunger Games and Frozen, so that would be a good month as well.
Dune's an Oscar player, they'd have to delay it to Q4 2021 if they're pushing it.

Where's the Cheetah marketing WB?

She wont be marketed at all just like ares wasnt. Had no clue he was the villian til i watched

Ares wasn't marketed in posters or shown in the trailers because it would have blown the twist in the movie. What's the excuse with Cheetah? We all know she is in the movie and we know who plays her.

Marketing WW84 in Times Square, wasting money on marketing. WB adamant on releasing the movie in June. Brings back memories of how they just wanted to release Justice League and be done with it.

bel1gtrqthm41.jpg

Ares wasn't marketed in posters or shown in the trailers because it would have blown the twist in the movie. What's the excuse with Cheetah? We all know she is in the movie and we know who plays her.
I think Cheetah will not be having much screen-time in the movie maybe few minutes at best in the third act, like how Black Mask (wearing his Mask) was barely there in Birds of Prey.

They don't have much content with Cheetah to show, unless they want to spoil something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"