Wonder Woman Script

I'd like to point out that if this script was written on spec by someone who has no connection to WB/DC, then it's not guaranteed that the whole "Krypton seeding" origin is something WB/DC is actually doing in their shared universe. If the writer had been hired by WB/DC to write the script, that would be a different story, but it was written on spec so it's just one independent writer's idea. So let's not get too worked up until we have more confirmed facts at our disposal.

Also, I note that the whole "Kryptonian ship crashed on earth eons ago" plot point in MoS didn't even become publicly known until ~2 months ago, so the writer would have to have pounded out this script incredibly quickly for it to be getting reviewed now. Not saying it can't be done, but "quickly" and "good" don't often go together in Hollywood screenwriting, so there's a good chance that even if WB/DC did pick it up, the thing would get a massive overhaul. So, again, let's not get too worked up about it...no sense getting exercised over something that would be a very early draft at best.

The Scout Ship being crashed for 18, 000 years had been known for a while.

The Scout Ship being crashed for 18, 000 years had been known for a while.

Forgive me, I should have been more precise.

There were leaks and rumors about the ship itself for a while before the movie came out; but there was no mention that I can find about Kryptonian survivors or any implication that it had any impact on humans and whatnot until DC made the prequel comic available, which was around the end of May (I think). That was still only ~2 months ago.

In fact, I've never even seen any discussion about the "Kryptonian-metahuman seeding" theory outside of these fan boards. Not a peep out of anyone at WB/DC. Can anyone point me to such a link? Because the idea that Kryptonian bacteria or survivors are somehow responsible for all metahumans is sufficiently esoteric and enough of a departure from established DC canon that I find it unlikely that a wannabe screenwriter drafting on spec would come up with the idea independently of WB/DC before reading the prequel comic. So I suspect that was probably the screenwriter's idea and not WB/DC's.

Last edited:
How is gods creating life(a concept that surpasses anything to do with any comic) any stupider than a baby coming to earth in a spaceship?!?

And someone said, " show me anyone from the GA who is going to be mad she isn't created by the gods. " and I can say show me one who isn't mad about it. If the GA don't care either way , then stick to her origins and give the fans that satisfaction and piss of a lot less people than you would if you were to change it.
This isn't even us being irrational and wanting something crazy. This is us just wanting them to stick to the source material and not change her origin.

Also regarding the prequel comic, I guess it is "canon" but it doesn't really have to be. If you know what I mean?

Last edited:
I give up. I may as well be talking to a brick wall. Have fun people.

I dig it.

You're thinking like a filmmaker. I studied film, worked for an Academy Award winning production company, have been on set of feature films, and done lots of other fun stuff within the industry. What you're arguing here is exactly how filmmakers think, from Lucas and Spielberg all the way down to the student at USC. It's how we're taught to think and write when setting up a fictional world.

Everyone else here is coming from a comic book mindset, which is completely wrong. In comic books, anything can happen because everything has happened. Supes and Bats and WW have existed for 75 years, and that's a lot of time to fill with stories. That's why they've all had magic and gone back in time and been zombies and fought in space and met Scooby Doo. But if you try and include the Mystery Machine in a Flash movie, the audience is gonna roll their eyes and ask what went wrong. No amount of "suspension of disbelief" is gonna solve that.

Film is not about suspending disbelief. This is a very popular misconception. It's about making the absurd believable. And no, these aren't the same thing.

Also regarding the prequel comic, I guess it is "canon" but it doesn't really have to be. If you know what I mean?

I do. The overwhelming majority of the audience for a WW movie will never have read the prequel comic so WB/DC could ignore it with impunity.

I would prefer they just stick with her creation origin. Not that the whole "Kryptonian seeding" thing couldn't be made to work, but I think the regular WW origin would be much more dramatic on screen. Explaining the seeding theory would require some Emil Hamilton or some other STAR Labs scientist to spout a bunch of dry exposition about germs or interbreeding and evolution and whatnot. From a pure storytelling angle, that's the weaker approach of the two (by a long shot).

Also, if there are no gods in the MoS universe and Diana gets her power not from the gods but from Kryptonian genes or germs, that destroys not just her original "created from clay" origin, but also her Nu52 origin that she's a daughter of Zeus. So WB/DC would have to come up with a third explanation for how she was born on an island with no men that wouldn't jibe with either of her other origins in the comics. Who's her daddy now? Geez...three origins in five years. At that rate, her origin would be getting just as screwed up and confusing as Donna Troy's...

Everyone else here is coming from a comic book mindset, which is completely wrong....Film is not about suspending disbelief. This is a very popular misconception. It's about making the absurd believable. And no, these aren't the same thing.

I'm not. I write screenplays (including a WW story). Yes, you want to make the absurd believable, but you also want to do so in a way that tells the strongest possible story and makes the characters unique within their world. This whole "Kryptonian seeding" theory might make the absurd believable, but it also weakens her as a character because it means that she's not really unique. She becomes just another metahuman who gets her powers from the same place as every other metahuman.

Last edited:
Tvor your statements are so convoluted you make no point in the end. What we are saying is this has been done in the film industry already and succeeded (MCU). They stayed true to the source material and reaped the benefits of that discussion. So thinking like a filmaker this should be a no brainer and follow suit.

Tvor your statements are so convoluted you make no point in the end. What we are saying is this has been done in the film industry already and succeeded (MCU). They stayed true to the source material and reaped the benefits of that discussion. So thinking like a filmaker this should be a no brainer and follow suit.

1) You don't know what convoluted means as nothing I said was difficult to follow.

2) The rules of the MCU and DCCU are not the same, in the exact same way that the rules of the Fox-verse are not the same. Each world was created with its own set of rules, and you have to abide by those rules or else the whole thing falls apart.

For the record, in the other WW thread, I setup a completely logical way to include WW in the MOS world while still preserving her mythological origins. You can read about it here.

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=460361&page=38

It's all on the one page. You'll have to read the back and forth between me and few others. But I believe the idea works all around.

1) Each world was created with its own set of rules, and you have to abide by those rules or else the whole thing falls apart.

But the rules of the MoS universe aren't set in stone yet. The Marvel universe already comprises six movies by my count (IM 1, 2, 3; CA:TFA; Thor; and The Avengers), with more coming, so Marvel's universe "rules" are pretty well locked in. But so far there's only one film in the MoS universe with no statement that all metahumans get their powers from ancient Kryptonian influence and are scientifically explainable. So WW's mythological origins could still fit in the MoS universe, as you recognize in your other posting. It would just have to be handled the right way and have the right tone to make it fit.

In fact, I think that it would be great for Diana to have explicitly mythical origins in the MoS universe. Just as Clark's existence answers the question "are we alone in the universe?", Diana's existence would answer the question "are there gods in the universe?" which creates its own philosophical issues for regular humans to grapple with as they deal with her. You could have an entire subplot in future movies where there's a resurgence of Greek-god-worship because Diana proves their existence, and religious strife results.

1) You don't know what convoluted means as nothing I said was difficult to follow.

2) The rules of the MCU and DCCU are not the same, in the exact same way that the rules of the Fox-verse are not the same. Each world was created with its own set of rules, and you have to abide by those rules or else the whole thing falls apart.

For the record, in the other WW thread, I setup a completely logical way to include WW in the MOS world while still preserving her mythological origins. You can read about it here.

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=460361&page=38

It's all on the one page. You'll have to read the back and forth between me and few others. But I believe the idea works all around.
#1 I hate when people list things in message boards it just comes off as being passive aggressive.

#2 (I mean my second point heheh...) It was convoluted in the sense that your trying to relate thing that are counterintuitive. Being elitist in your thinking does not make ones thoughts better than others. ie you saying that if you have a filmakers mind you are somehow more equipped to make discussions that are simple logic.

If you're going to make a WW movie why not make it as close to the source material as you can? At least the main elements.

How would I do a WW film:

In the Marvel film universe, the asgardian gods are not supernatural
beings but aliens with advanced technology that is seen by humans as
"magic". Thor explains to Janet that their asgardian "magic" is the same
thing that they know as "science", an example being the rainbow bridge
(Bifrost) that is actually a wormhole.

So why can't Warner/DC do exactly the same to explain the origins for
the amazons or the atlanteans? There are many alien races in the DCU
that could be seen as gods in ancient times, they even have certain aliens
that are called "New Gods", with a bearded guy called "The Highfather"
who is very similar to Zeus, Odin or even Yahweh, or a dark god living in
a planet that is very similar to The Hades or Hell, and they are sorrounded by
tons of other alien-gods that could be seen as the ancient greek or roman gods
or deities from any other mithology or religion.

Have Ares as the main villain in the WW movie, he is the god of war leading
a huge army of monsters and demons against Earth for some reason,
Princess Diana and the amazons help in the battle against those creatures
and their leader (the same plot of the animated movie), Ares is defeated but
ultimatelly escapes, we see him reporting his failure to someone else,
and this other guy is Hades, the Lord of Hell/The Underworld, and he is
also known as Darkseid, Lord of Apokolips (yes, this scene would be similar to
The Avengers post-credits scene, but Marvel ripped-off Darkseid with Thanos,
it's not my fault that they look the same XD).

The Highfather is Zeus

Orion is Apollo or Heracles or both.

Lightray could be Hermes or any other.

Supertown in New Genesis/is is The Olympus, Asgard, Heaven, etc...

The other new gods are the rest of gods (or angels) from all the mythologies known on Earth or in other planets.

Apokolips is The Hades, The Uderworld, Hell, etc...

Darkseid is Hades, Osiris, Seth, Lucifer or whatever you want to call him.

His uncle, Steppenwolf, leader of the Apokolips army, is actually Ares, the god of war.

And the same with the rest of gods, demons/parademons and creatures
from Apokolips, ancient humans just gave them different names from legends
and myths about a terrible place with monsters and fire.

The amazons could be descendents of a group of goddesses sent to Earth
many centuries ago (Athena, Aphodite, Artemis, etc). They were actually a
group of Female Furies sent to Earth for some reason, they came here
trough a boom-tube connected to Apokolips, said boom-tube is the portal
to the Underworld (Apokolips) that is later protected by the amazons in
Themyscira.

They are female warriors with great strength due to their origins, they
are not as strong as the original Female Furies that were gods, but they
are way stronger than average human females, they are hybrids of
goddesses and humans, but one of them is stronger than the rest because
her mother told her that the gods had blessed her with those powers when
she made her out of clay, but Hippolyta is actually lying to protect
her daughter from the ugly truth, Diana's real father is actually
Ares/Steppenwolf, one of the strongest and most powerful gods/new gods
along Darkseid (Hades), Orion (Apollo/Heracles) or The Highfather
(Zeus).

This is why she is so strong and virtually invulnerable. She is also
Themyscira's greatest warrior. She doesn't need to fly or to have any other
special powers, she is just a baddass warrior strong enough to kick
Superman's ass. I would avoid other powers like flight because then
people would be confused about if she is a kryptonian or related to
Superman, just make her strong enough and the best warrior ever, a
female Kratos or something like that, again like in the animated film.

She doesn't need an invisible plane, but maybe Steve Trevor could
be the pilot of a stealth fighter plane that crashes in Themyscira as
an easter egg, and Diana and him would leave the island with it.
He could also be the friend of another pilot called Hal Jordan.

You introduce Darkseid, Apokolips and the rest of the Fourth World
connecting them to the greek myths in the Wonder Woman movie
and you can use Darkseid as the main villain later for the JLA movie..
Kirby's original idea was that the Old Gods would be the greek gods,
but here the Old Gods could be The Titans (the mythological ones,
fathers of the greek gods, not the Teen Titans XD)

You can do similar things to explain the existence of the atlanteans or
for the Hawkman movies, gods are just myths based in aliens that have
come to Earth for different reasons: you have The New Gods, the thanagarians,
The Guardians of The Universe, The Lords of Chaos and Order (Shazam, Nabu, Mordru...)
can explain the magic world (they would also be just aliens so powerful that
can control the laws of physics at will, we are unable to understand how,
so we call it "magic", and some how some humans and atlanteans have learnt to use
this kind of power. This same thing could be used to explain the powers of
creatures like Mr.Mxyzptlk)..

Just find some reason why Earth is so special to attract all these aliens,
maybe Darkseid sent his Female Furies (the ancient ones that gave birth to
the amazons so long ago, not the current "new" ones like Big Barda) to find out
if the Anti-Life Equation was here, this caused that many other aliens paid
a closer attention to our planet and eventually came here. Maybe those
Female Furies found out that Darkseid could be right, the secret for the
Anti-Lfe Equation could be here on Earth, in Atlantis, so the amazons battled
against the atlantean warriors for centuries (back in the day there was
real "competition" between the followers of Athena and the followers of Poseidon,
just google "Athena and Poseidon rivalry"), and ultimatelly the amazons won and
sunk the whole place, that's why Atlantis is underneath the sea.
Atlanteans survived with their access to magic (the famous atlantean magic)
and the help of other atlantean gods (remember: aliens) that protected them
and helped them to mutate and adapt to the underwater life. The Female Furies
and their warriors (the first amazons) did this because they thpought that
the Anti-Life Equation was too dangerous, hence why they also stayed here and
closed the access to the boom-tube and asked the amazons to protect it.
Darkseid wouldn't be able to open another boom-tube from Apokolips to Earth
for some reason until the events of the WW movie, when Ares/Steppenwolf
comes to Earth to conquer it for Darkseid and fails due to WW's and the amazons help.

Even if you don't like the idea of connecting the New Gods and the greek
gods, the greek gods could be just aliens like the asgardians gods from
the MCU. Maybe they were inspired by The New Gods and their myths or
maybe they are completely unrelated, I just thought that connecting them
would be a good way to introduce a character like Darkseid and the rest
of beings that have to be introduced sooner or later to feature in some
JLA movie.

I have other ideas to connect everything in the DCU some how.
Ideas for Superman, Batman, The Flash, The Green Lantern Corps,
Martian Manhunter, Aquaman, etc... Some ideas to connect them all
similarly to how Marvel has been doing it with their characters so far
in their films. I think that they are good enough, or at least far better t
han other really bad ideas I've read in certain comics and movies. XD

Last edited:
Is there any way to delete threads? While I appreciate the dialogue this discussion has gotten so far off base and I see no reason why the cattier users can't just direct their anger or arguments to the WW thread. If nobody has any more questions I see no reason to continue this thread.

Is there any way to delete threads? While I appreciate the dialogue this discussion has gotten so far off base and I see no reason why the cattier users can't just direct their anger or arguments to the WW thread. If nobody has any more questions I see no reason to continue this thread.
Don't start what you can't finish. :o

Don't start what you can't finish. :o

I didn't start this thread so that it could deteriorate into an argument over a silly spec script. I started this because I thought people were curious to see what is actually out there.

This thread has essentially turned into a bunch of fans pitching their versions of WW to each other then arguing about it. To me that sounds much more like the WW thread.:cmad:

You could always message a moderator to merge or re-direct the thread link to the WW thread, my silly Smurf. :p

You could always message a moderator to merge or re-direct the thread link to the WW thread, my silly Smurf. :p

:woot:

As a newbie I am not privy to these kinds of alternatives. I'm also very lazy.

Oh darling, let me get you something that can help with your lethargy. :D

mountain-dew.jpg

YEAH, DO THE DEW!!!! EXTREEEEEEEMMMMEE!!! :exp:

Oh the belly laughs I am gonna have when all us "illogically thinking" "nonfilm maker" "mere comic book reading" (PS I have not bought comics in YEARS) "commoners" are watching a JL movie and WW arrives on a Pegasus with a MAGICAL LASSO and MAGICAL SWORD.

jd23, I'll apologise for veering the thread of course as I've been the most vocal about the alterations. I do have a question, what is the structure of the script like? Is in linear or non-linear.

jd23, I'll apologise for veering the thread of course as I've been the most vocal about the alterations. I do have a question, what is the structure of the script like? Is in linear or non-linear.

No worries! You've been very coherent :cwink:

It's linear. Using Diana coming to America as the Inciting Incident and Maxwell Lord outing her as a metahuman as the Act I decision.

I'd like to point out that if this script was written on spec by someone who has no connection to WB/DC, then it's not guaranteed that the whole "Krypton seeding" origin is something WB/DC is actually doing in their shared universe. If the writer had been hired by WB/DC to write the script, that would be a different story, but it was written on spec so it's just one independent writer's idea. So let's not get too worked up until we have more confirmed facts at our disposal.

Also, I note that the whole "Kryptonian ship crashed on earth eons ago" plot point in MoS didn't even become publicly known until ~2 months ago, so the writer would have to have pounded out this script incredibly quickly for it to be getting reviewed now. Not saying it can't be done, but "quickly" and "good" don't often go together in Hollywood screenwriting, so there's a good chance that even if WB/DC did pick it up, the thing would get a massive overhaul. So, again, let's not get too worked up about it...no sense getting exercised over something that would be a very early draft at best.

Half the readers in LA and New York read the MOS script FAR before it became a reality. The writer probably used to be a reader.

If this actually happened, I'd be so disappointed.

If Batman isn't Batman because of some random Superman/Kal-El/Krypton event neither does wonder woman.

That would be extremely dumb if they decided to go that way

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"