Wong Takes on Dragon Ball Z

I don't know enough of the comics, but I know that X3 didn't have the same quality the first two Movies had, and threw character continuity out the window. And ROTSS? That was just lame.

Christ, if what has been posted is true, it sounds like someone desperately needs to go on a murderous rampage to keep this movie from happening.

I've read the comics, I know a lot about comics but just because they changed a few things it didn't keep me from enjoying the movies.
"A few things"? How about, oh, say... EVERYTHING?

Everything was not changed & furthermore, this isn't related to the DBZ movie.

But it relates to fox which is making the Dragonball movie and how these examples could be used to see that this movie can really suck.

X-Men: The Last Stand was OK. It completely destroyed the Phoenix Saga and made it into a side plot, along with many cinematic problems, but at the same time, it was nowhere near as bad as fanboys make it out to be. Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer completely destroyed the coming of Galactus, but it also continued the flaws from the first film. It was better than the first, but it still was terrible.

Everything was not changed & furthermore, this isn't related to the DBZ movie.

Most of it was. Doctor Doom was all wrong (again), Reed was still out of character, Sue was crap, Galactus didn't turn out how he should've been, the classic coming of Galactus was changed, as well as Silver Surfer's relation with Alicia Masters, etc.

...and these are just the fanboy complaints, not the critical complaints. :down

to be honest im no huge comic book fan ive read a few and saw some cartoons of xmen and silver surfer id have to agree with you on the silver surfer one from what i heard galactus wasnt made as powerfull as he should have been but come on phoenix in x3 was like whoa as i say im no expert so if someone can show me she was that much more powerfull i'd love to see by the way wast beeing sarcastic i realy would love to know how powerfull she was

Phoenix was powerful enough to destroy universes.

The Phoenix Force is a force that is in space. It is the connection of all psionic powers that has and ever will exist in the Marvel universe. When Jean Grey was dying, the Phoenix saved her, turning her into Phoenix. When she started becoming evil and bat s*** crazy, she became Dark Phoenix. Without going into what the Phoenix Force actually is, and the Dark Phoenix Saga, let's just say she was a powerful b****. Dark Phoenix consumed a star, killing billions in that solar system. There was never any "Class 5 Mutants" (even though in the comics, Jean Grey is an omega-level mutant), or phoenix being some split-personality like in X-Men: The Last Stand. Btw, when Rachel Summers was consumed by the Phoenix Force, even Galactus got a beat down. That's a different story, though.

Here is the wiki page for the Phoenix Force. This brings back old memories when some said Goku could beat Dark Phoenix. XD

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phoenix_(comics)

I love DBZ but some fans need to relieze Goku can be defeated by a few comic book characters.

Man, those were the days. I really do miss those days.

From October 2005 to (about) June 2006, there were so many debates about Goku vs. DC/Marvel, DBZ vs. DC/Marvel, etc. I call it "The Great Anime Forum Flamewar". During time, there was also a Hypester purge where mods came in here banning fanboys, former Anime regulars left because DBZ took over the forum, and many got tired of the debates and left the Hype.

The Great Anime Forum Flamewar....next on the history channel.

Hell, it was so bad, Phenomenol even brought some of it to the Marvel Comics Forum, and even DACMAN came in here preaching about Hulk beating everybody in Marvel, DC, or Dragon Ball.

I seriously need to make a doc about this.

Haha. Actually, I found an old poster from back then in the members list, and now, I am browsing and reliving those old threads.

most comic or anime elements escalate how cool / powerful their characters are - it's why superman is constantly reduced in power because if he can move planets, there's no story - because there's no villian that anyone would by.

So we can say, batman wins if he has enough time
superman wins
goku wins
etc

how about we all enjoy these artistic creations :)

This is the Hype.
Not everybody shares that same level of rationality. :o ;)

Moving on, what would you like to see changed for the DBZ movie?

Moving on, what would you like to see changed for the DBZ movie?

Nothing, just like all adaptations.

However, changes that would are necessary is changing, re-arranging, and taking out things/aspects of whatever they are adapting. For example, say the first movie was written so Frieza is the main villain. We could have Raditz being defeated, but Goku not dying. We could have Goku and Piccolo already being allies. We could leave out Vegeta and Nappa coming to Earth, and just have Vegeta along in Frieza's ranks waiting to betray later on. The movie doesn't even have to take place on Namek, etc.

In short, the point that I am trying to get to is nobody wants the source material changed, but fans must accept that things must be changed in order to suit the film's script. My answer to the question is whatever is fit for the film. Of course, I still oppose Dragon Ball being adapted because I feel it is simply too hard to adapt properly, even with necessary changes. Sadly, we already have ninja Nameks, Goku in high school, etc...

people must be forgetting but in dragonball King Piccolo was much different than the way namekians were portrayed in DBZ mostly cuz Akira Toriyama didn't know where he was going with it. i mean who cares if mai is working for him? lets face it its better than him crapping out dinosours as his minions. Piccolo was kind of unique in DB and not the one in DBZ. If sequels are made which there probably will be because frankly enough people just out of curiosity will see it to warrant a sequel, than the sayian saga will take place 10 years afterwards meaning goku will be in his late twenties and how do we know that after there big fight King Piccolo doesnt spit out Ma Junior's (dbz piccolo's) egg and just have him age rapidly so he is Z piccolo at the start of the sayian saga? frankly still have radditz come, asking goku if hes willing to join, kill him, then have piccolo who despite wishing to fulfill his hereditary desire to take over the planet, train gohan to take down vegeta and nappa because theyre a bigger threat. then it suddenly sounds like you have the sayian saga. granted yea they made character differences in that it doesnt sound like we'll have an overly pervy roshi or a socially awkward yamcha but this still sounds like dragonball to me just in a more 'realistic' setting. i mean lets face it the emperor of the world is a blue cat with a monacle and big white mustache, they gotta make some changes for a big movie for the mainstream audiences.

Nothing, just like all adaptations.

However, changes that would are necessary is changing, re-arranging, and taking out things/aspects of whatever they are adapting. For example, say the first movie was written so Frieza is the main villain. We could have Raditz being defeated, but Goku not dying. We could have Goku and Piccolo already being allies. We could leave out Vegeta and Nappa coming to Earth, and just have Vegeta along in Frieza's ranks waiting to betray later on. The movie doesn't even have to take place on Namek, etc.

In short, the point that I am trying to get to is nobody wants the source material changed, but fans must accept that things must be changed in order to suit the film's script. My answer to the question is whatever is fit for the film. Of course, I still oppose Dragon Ball being adapted because I feel it is simply too hard to adapt properly, even with necessary changes. Sadly, we already have ninja Nameks, Goku in high school, etc...

It's possible that the ninja Nameks idea will be eliminated all together. I want something interesting but ninja Nameks just sounds stupid.

^Definitely.

I personally wanted something from the later Dragon Ball (Dragon Ball Z).
You know, what was the world-renowned and popular part of the Dragon Ball mythos.

Coming soon is saying that filming will start in Fall 08.

Damn, that strike sure pushed that one back.

I guess they're going for the post strike route.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"