Worst Casting For G.I. Joe

True. However technically speaking, there isn't an age restriction on the rank and one can theoretically reach that post at a much earlier age than as practically occurs. Plus, given the increasing amount of 'field time' soldiers are receiving, it is thus believable for the general public to assume that Tatum's character attains this by being 'the best there ever was' (if they push the idea).
Well, you could look at it as a practical vs theoretical argument. I look at it as a realistic vs unrealistic argument. I suppose my view is colored by my actual experience in the military. I should really be more open-minded.

Seriously, your last argument about Duke possibly not even being a 1ST SGT is more on target I think.

I don't have a problem with changing the race of a character for the purpose of the actor/character. Michael Clarke Duncan as Kingpin worked because of the character, some character's personalties transcend their appearance a la Jack Nicholson as Joker or 90% of the characters Samuel L plays. So with said I still say Marlon Wayans is badly casted as Ripcord.

There are far too many black characters in G.I. Joe for them to change the race of Ripcord, then change his character. For all of that they could've just invented a new one. He could've played Doc, Big Lob, Iceberg, hell even Mercer, Alpine or even Beachhead if they were gonna change race.

Cobra Commander is bad because if Destro, Xamot/Tomax, Baroness, Zartan ever saw who was under the mask Cobra would fall to pieces because of the mutiny. They wouldn't take orders nor work with someone who didn't have the years under his belt to command such an organization.

But Channing Tatum as Duke is the worst because of the enormity of the character. He's the face of the Joes, the leader, the season vet, not a fresh faced rookie. Look at Gen. Hawk then look at Duke. Who the uff is gonna take orders from Duke. They should've got someone with some screen presence and in his mid 30s....hell Barry Pepper (had the blond crew cut), Cole Hauser, Ethan Hawke if they needed a pretty boy, even Michael Vartan for those that watched Alias.

doesnt duke have hair isnt channing tatum bald?

I'm sorry. As much as i love Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje as an actor, his American accent sucks...bad!

The bald black guy from Underworld, or the guy from POTA and King Kong would have made a better HD.

Hes a great actor. The American Accent is the easiest accent in the world for an actor to potray. If he struggled with it in the past, I put it down to the role. What can do with Get Rich or Die Trying? BUT he was fantastic in OZ.

Get a swag up and ya hate down. Dust.

Now I'm not a huge G.I Joe fan so I'm not going to pretend I'm so up in arms about it, but alot of this cast does, for lack of a better word, suck. Tatum is too young and pretty boyish for Duke and I love love love JGL but he is all wrong for the role in which he was cast. Don't even get me started on that Marlon Wayans thing. I would expect nothing less of the man who wrote and directed Van Helsing.

Why am i not surprised that Wayans got the most votes? Tatum is the worst being cast as Duke. I don't see JGL as being a bad cast. He's a good actor.

Aww... they are not going to have Snow Job in this movie? Looks like there will be no " This looks like a go job for Snow Job " remarks.

img.17849_t.jpg
Put some Goggles on this guy and here is your Snow Job! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAH!

image4732.JPG
HEY! Look everybody, Matt Schulze showed up just in time to NOT be cast as Rock'n'Roll!

Matt Schulze would be perfect as a Dreadnok, either Torch or Ripper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"