The Amazing Spider-Man Worst part of TASM

The chocolate mike thing is so old. It doesn't matter what he died over all that matters is that parker didn't do the right thing.

It might be old but it's still true, that's why it never goes away. It always matters why Peter didn't do the right thing, because there's a big difference between doing it because he was say cheated out of thousands of dollars, or because he wasn't allowed chocolate milk. Which Peter do you think is better? One is understandable even though he's wrong for doing it, the other is just childish and idiotic.

Last edited:
It might be old but it's still true, that's why it never goes away. It always matters why Peter didn't do the right thing, because there's a big difference between doing it because he was say cheated out of thousands of dollars, or because he wasn't allowed chocolate milk. Which Peter do you think is better? One is understandable even though he's wrong for doing it, the other is just childish and idiotic.

That is exactly the point!!!

Therefore this was the worst part of the movie, but fitting to all the other (bad) stuff.

I was also wondering why he takes off his mask so many times. Of course, it was to show the audiance the actor - but guys, then do a love movie, and no Spiderman movie!!

A horrible movie... sorry! (and the second one was not better)

I love how the start of this thread is people saying the poll is perhaps a bit biased.

Probably "Those are the best kind"

You might be right about that. Peter obviously did try to keep his promise to Captain Stacy at the start of TASM2, but the combo of his attraction and Gwen's tenacity brought them back together. That line seemed null and void.

That line is murder. It doesn't help at all that it's his last spoken line in the film. It makes the bad impression linger twice as hard.

But as much as I prefer SM1's ending -it's much more honorable, more effective, more in line with the character's ideology, more EVERYTHING- I will give TASM1 this: SM1's Peter had a girlfriend's life threatened because of him... while TASM's didn't. So what he'll allow himself in terms of romantic life, the parameters, should be different.

I was all for Gwen dying in the sequel no matter what -and have it be because of her relationship with Peter- so I'll definitely support the reasoning that he was still too young, too unaware of the dangers of being with someone.

That's my whole defense, lol. I still think this movie is flawed up the wazoo.

That line is murder. It doesn't help at all that it's his last spoken line in the film. It makes the bad impression linger twice as hard.

But as much as I prefer SM1's ending -it's much more honorable, more effective, more in line with the character's ideology, more EVERYTHING- I will give TASM1 this: SM1's Peter had a girlfriend's life threatened because of him... while TASM's didn't. So what he'll allow himself in terms of romantic life, the parameters, should be different.

I was all for Gwen dying in the sequel no matter what -and have it be because of her relationship with Peter- so I'll definitely support the reasoning that he was still too young, too unaware of the dangers of being with someone.

That's my whole defense, lol. I still think this movie is flawed up the wazoo.

Yeah, that's pretty much how I feel too. I was already groaning when it looked like they were gonna do the whole" I have to stay away from you until the sequel" stuff after Stacy's funeral. I was glad that they actually had him break that promise because we'd just gotten through 3 films which played that beyond further tolerance. That said, that's what they eventually did in ASM 2 anyway so I was annoyed all over again.Lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"