Comics Would it be possible to turn Ultimate Spider-Man into a Smallville-esque TV series?

I think a Spidey TV series could be a success depending on how well it were written and the budget per episode. As several people have pointed out, a good portrayal of the character would probably cost a lot. If the show wasn't a perrenial top 10 show, the cost would be probably be too much to keep it on the air.

However, I think other Marvel characters could work on TV. I'm surprised Marvel has never considered doing a Daredevil series. You could focus on DD's crimefighting (which doesn't have as many costumed villians as Spidey) as well as his life as a lawyer. It appears the DD movie franchise is dead. Why not give him achance on TV?

The promise in this type of show would be capturing what Spider-Man was always meant to be - a teenage super hero. Not a hero-in-training like Clark on Smallville, and not a college/adult Spider-Man, but an actual teenage version.

That's what I love about USM - that it does that, and does it well. I wouldn't trust the CW with a show like this. I'd say the best landing spot for such a show would be ABC Family, USA Network, or FX.

I think it would work. With the right cast and budget I think they could pull it off.

weird thought... Anyone remembers the Tangled Web comics... Those spidey comics that WEREN'T Spidey Centric... Maybe a show like that COULD work...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"