Sequels Ultimate Spider-Man sequel

TimDrake64x

Sidekick
Reaction score
do you think that a couple of years after spider-man 3 that they should do a restart and model it after the ultimate series, have peter be alot younger and what not. i think it would work well

In my opinion, no I would never want to see a USM movie, if anything a cartoon but thats about it :down

You would have to wait quite some time to do a restart like Batman did but I dont think USM would fit well in movies.

An animated USM series would be awesome if they used the same 3D shadowing technique they used in the game. I think an Ultimate Spiderman movie would be pretty good if done right. A good plus would be that the actor to play Parker would be cast when he's 15 or 16, so they could make plenty of sequels without having to worry about age. But in Ultimate SM Parker stays the same age for so long. It's a good idea but I want them to get to at least the 4th movie, hopefully the 5th, before they restart.

ya this is years off, but that was my main problem with the 1st sm movie was that peter was too old. and was that mtv show a version of ultimate spider-man?

TimDrake64x said:
ya this is years off, but that was my main problem with the 1st sm movie was that peter was too old. and was that mtv show a version of ultimate spider-man?
I'm not sure since I never got to see the show(I would've had to pay extra for MTV, the music channel that doesn't even show music videos anymore), but I'm pretty sure it was just a different version of Spidey.

The MTV show was based loosely on the movies(or movie since it came out in 2003)

I don't think there could be an USM movie because there are supposed to be 3 more movies after SM3.

I.R.Venom said:
I don't think there could be an USM movie because there are supposed to be 3 more movies after SM3.
Well, there's "supposed" to be 3 more, but a lot of people are saying it's going to be hard to get Tobey, Raimi, and Dunst back. And even if they do 6, they'll have to reboot after that.

i seriously doubt all those people will come back for 3 more. and plus isnt toby gettin a little old and whats with his hair cut in the previews?

TimDrake64x said:
i seriously doubt all those people will come back for 3 more. and plus isnt toby gettin a little old and whats with his hair cut in the previews?
I'm guessing the symbiote affects his hair.

TheFlyinRussian said:
Well, there's "supposed" to be 3 more, but a lot of people are saying it's going to be hard to get Tobey, Raimi, and Dunst back. And even if they do 6, they'll have to reboot after that.

Please let the stop at 4.

To stay on topic, I'd rather have an USM tv series, like everyone else have said.

is there a general distaste for the Ultimate versions of Spiderman, X-men, etc,??

I think I would like to see Sam Raimi do two more spidey movie's but back to back ones. You know Lord Of The Rings style with a new movie out the next year after Spider-Man 4. That way we don't have to wait 3 or 4 years for the next one. Plus I would like it to be an epic spidey movie. If any one can pull it off I think Sam Raimi could.

"USM" would work as a direct-to-video movie like "Ultimate Avengers" or a cartoon series, but a live-action movie hell no! And if they remade these movies I would be pissed off.

"Batman" and "Superman" needed do-overs. "Spider-Man" does not.

"Elektra" needs a remake however. They should have Frank Miller direct or when Robert Rodriguez is done filming the "Sin City" movies he and Frank should do "Elektra" together and make her right for a change. Don't get me wrong Jennifer Garner was a great Elektra, but the movie itself sucked harder than Monica Lewinsky.

Why restart at all?

Besides, audiences won't like the title. Let's face it, "Ultimate Spiderman" is kinda a concieted name. People would be like "Ultimate Spiderman? these movies suck compared to the old ones!"

I think style 92 is right I mean why restart at all?, there's no problem so far with the franchise. Most hard core spidey fans are happy with the movies, so is the general audience and the box office earnings are great.

I think a USM movie shouldn't be made I hate that characters stay a certain age for ever.

That's why there's ASM and USM comics, so people who like eternal teens and all the teen drama can read USM and the ones who want to see an adult spidey read ASM. I am not saying USM suck I actually buy the book and like it, but I don't think people would realte and like a USM movie compared to the ones Raimi made. And still I don't see anything wrong with the actual franchise. (except for the organic webbing)

well whenever they finish up what theyre doing here with this trilogy or if they make more whenever they r done, i like this idea. i mean many people dont know the ultimate spiderman stories as well as the original. some of the bad guys were very different in ultimate so it could work i think

I would say USM would be better suited as a tv series.

The real question is: who would they cast? Anyone got any suggestions?

Ultimate_Venom said:
In my opinion, no I would never want to see a USM movie, if anything a cartoon but thats about it :down

Yup.

Ultimate Jay said:
I would say USM would be better suited as a tv series.

The real question is: who would they cast? Anyone got any suggestions?

Peter Parker- Jason Marsden
Mary Jane- Some teenage-sounding female voice-actor
Uncle Ben-Adam West or Cliff Robertson
J.J. - Tom Selleck or Clancy Brown

Lol I know I'm just throwing names out of hat but I just don't see a "Ultimate Spider-Man" movie or show ever being made. BRING BACK THE MTV SERIES DAMN IT!

Well I'm not the biggest fan of Ultimate but it could work as an animated series. Personally now that you can kill people in cartoons again, as much as I loved TAS I would like to see a full on adapatation of the comics this time with Gwen and allow some depth and allow characters like the Black Cat to be a little more sensual than a peck on the cheek, etc....I'm getting a head of myself.

The problem with Ultimate Spider-Man is that it is an inferior version of the original comics and the more modest MJ who is Pete's first and true love has already been done in SM1 (though MJ was a little, and I do stress the word little, more flamboyant in the film) and a 15 year old doing live action....would look....silly.

Just my opinion though.

Course , there could always be some great anime animator that could give us some USM nice visual. Look what they did with the Spawn series , I really enjoyed them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"