• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Comics Would it be possible to turn Ultimate Spider-Man into a Smallville-esque TV series?

I think a Spidey TV series could be a success depending on how well it were written and the budget per episode. As several people have pointed out, a good portrayal of the character would probably cost a lot. If the show wasn't a perrenial top 10 show, the cost would be probably be too much to keep it on the air.

However, I think other Marvel characters could work on TV. I'm surprised Marvel has never considered doing a Daredevil series. You could focus on DD's crimefighting (which doesn't have as many costumed villians as Spidey) as well as his life as a lawyer. It appears the DD movie franchise is dead. Why not give him achance on TV?

The promise in this type of show would be capturing what Spider-Man was always meant to be - a teenage super hero. Not a hero-in-training like Clark on Smallville, and not a college/adult Spider-Man, but an actual teenage version.

That's what I love about USM - that it does that, and does it well. I wouldn't trust the CW with a show like this. I'd say the best landing spot for such a show would be ABC Family, USA Network, or FX.

I think it would work. With the right cast and budget I think they could pull it off.

weird thought... Anyone remembers the Tangled Web comics... Those spidey comics that WEREN'T Spidey Centric... Maybe a show like that COULD work...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"