The Amazing Spider-Man Would it bother you if:

Spider-Aziz

Dummy Dragon Holo
Reaction score
If in the next reboot Ben Parker was made to be the biological father of Peter, and he takes care of him just he always does? I mean just changing this bit of origin and make Ben & May Peter's parents, and they still raise Peter?

That would just come off as another stupid, unnecessary change made for the sake of having everything in a neat little connected package, like when they made Sandman out to be Uncle Ben's killer just so he'd have some personal connection to Peter. Being a villain is reason enough for them to fight, just like being his aunt and uncle is reason enough for Ben and May to raise Pete.

I wouldn't mind it, I think Richard out of the ultimate comics has no vital role, he was just some random throwaway S.H.I.E.L.D agent

I was asked this question by one of my friends, and was asked if the Spider-Man fanbase would dislike it cause after he told me about Havoc & Cyclops in the new X-Men movie I said "Big Deal"

If in the next reboot Ben Parker was made to be the biological father of Peter, and he takes care of him just he always does? I mean just changing this bit of origin and make Ben & May Peter's parents, and they still raise Peter?

Epic Fail.

Yes.

Im sorry, but that is really a terrible idea.
It's changes like these that ruin a character. There is nothing in this that would make spider-man better. In fact, it makes him worse

I'd like to be briefed on how would that be bad

No problem with it at all....of course they will need to change Peter's name to George, make him 6'7", a red head, deaf, hate science, stutter, have a limb because one leg is shorter than the other, and have bad breath too or the deals off.

No problem with it at all....of course they will need to change Peter's name to George, make him 6'7", a red head, deaf, hate science, stutter, have a limb because one leg is shorter than the other, and have bad breath too or the deals off.
What inspired those thoughts?

Give Peter a sister and an annoying little brother.
What inspired those thoughts?

Because it's a lie and we'd all know it...

You know in the comics, Aunt May is really his mom. She f**ked Richard Parker while they were all working at a summer camp.

You know in the comics, Aunt May is really his mom. She f**ked Richard Parker while they were all working at a summer camp.

that's the spirit:yay:.

it would undue a major element of peter's character; peter's love for his aunt an uncle is almost greater than he would have for his biological parents, because he appreciates that they did not have to take him in and treat him as their own. this further compounds his guilt at having let the burglar escape. it's a vital story element in the spider-man mythology.

OP is trying to eliminate his competition...

unclebens.jpg

I'd like to be briefed on how would that be bad
How would the movie benefit from that? What's the problem with him being an orphan? He's smart because his parents were, and the film also seems to imply some secrets behind his parent's disapearance.

So doing what you said is just very unnecessary, imagine if they changed Batman's origin to make Alfred his real father, or if uncle Owen or even Obi-Wan was Luke's real father, it just makes things more confusing, and for the worse.

Thankfully I've read the script. Uncle Ben will in fact
be a S.H.I.E.L.D. agent. The whole death scene was a faked S.H.I.E.L.D. operation. A plan put into place by Fury in order to motivate Peter to become the Amazing Spider-Man! Both Ben and his parents are in fact alive. There is a heartwarming scene near the end of the film where they are all reunited in the S.H.I.E.L.D. cafeteria. The scene has a great comic moment as well involving Agent Coulson and banana pudding. But don't worry, it adds a perfectly timed levity to the scene and doesn't undermine the emotional impact in the least. Aunt May plays a part as well but I won't give it all away. It's bittersweet.
This will no doubt play a large roll in the sequel.

Uncle Ben is Uncle Ben. That would be a needless and idiotic thing to do, imho

Pointless changes are the worst ones. It brings nothing to the story of Peter Parker. It just takes away depth and complexity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"