Would Richard Grayson be part of this movie?

Discussion in 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice' started by acedrake, Sep 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rorschach2012

Rorschach2012 I'll Cancel the Pizzas

Hopefully we can get some flashbacks ala Robin's Reckoning. I say that if the next solo movie has elements of Robin's Reckoning, Robin Year One and Dark Victory, then we can safely assume the GA will like Robin again

2. shauner111

shauner111 Well-Known Member

I disagree. Riddler is absolutely a premier for the general audience, just not as much for the fans. Riddler will get a positive reception depending on the actor and marketing.

Id be happy with that. But I also don't care much about Jason.

That's what im thinking. We have to remember that these movies are made for the general audience not the comic book fans. And it wont have much to do with Snyder's tastes either. It's all the studio and Affleck (if he writes & directs the solos) if they like Jason Todd or Tim Drake. Im gonna bet that Ben doesn't.

You're right. Jason probably shouldn't be involved. He wasn't Robin that long before the actual fans voted to kill him off. Then he gets brought back as the Red Hood, basically a Punisher type character. Meh. Id rather the classic rogues.

Good idea. Barbara should be the Oracle and not Batgirl. Grayson was Robin but now he's Nightwing. Done.

3. Compi716

Compi716 The SHH! Jew

"Robin's Reckoning" is one of the all-time great Batman: TAS episodes. I'd love for something like that in a solo Bat-film. As it stands, though, that's far too much for Batman/Superman. They've already got enough ground to cover, what with the Clark Kent character development/Daily Planet stuff and all.

4. roach

roach I am the night

Can we please drop this idea that because the GA doesn't know who a character is they won't see the movie.

5. DChero

DChero Out of Work Superhero

I've never heard of anyone ever referring to the Riddler as their favorite character, villain, anything. Among the hardcore fans, Red Hood seems more of a fan favorite to me.

I'm not saying that he won't work at all, I'm suggesting WB push a character that I believe has more potential in Red Hood. If he takes off, thew just expanded the characters that they are marketing. This isn't just about marketing a movie, it's about toys, clothing, books, all the peripherals. They would then be able to push both characters in the future.

6. TheScarecrow

TheScarecrow Well-Known Member

I'm liking Richard Madden for this role.

7. DrMylesOBoogie

DrMylesOBoogie Well-Known Member

The loss of Jason and seeming broken relationship between Bruce and Grayson are elements from TDKR. I'd actually like the scenario of Bruce having the history of multiple sidekicks in the past but meeting him at a point when he's now solo again. a flashback to Jason's death could be amazing if it's effecting Batman, in this.

8. Rodrigo90

Rodrigo90 Wink wink ;)

:up:

9. batlovescatDC

batlovescatDC Tragic Love

I would like Dave Franco in the role. His look just screams Dick Grayson to me for some reason and I think he's a very talented actor.

[​IMG]

10. Llama_Shepherd

Llama_Shepherd Well-Known Member

Douglas Boothe if they want the whole "Dick Grayson is the most attractive man in the world" look.

11. krycek

krycek Well-Known Member

:up:

12. ЯɘvlveR

ЯɘvlveR danneB

totally agree. burt ward looking ass. he and daniel radcliffe have a similar look.

13. IamtheBatman

IamtheBatman Well-Known Member

Kellan Lutz. nah

14. LEVITIKUZ

LEVITIKUZ Well-Known Member

Riddler's Villain's month book was like the second biggest Batman or DC villain's book sold.

Riddler is the main villain in Zero Year.

Riddler is a huge factor in the Arkham Games.

He is premier.

I wouldn't mind her as Batgirl though. Would be nice to get Batgirl. First movie the 3 of them against Riddler than maybe for a sequel, we do Killing Joke and add Harley and have Barbara paralyzed.

15. Reel

Reel Well-Known Member

Won't be in it

16. godisawesome

godisawesome Well-Known Member

I'd prefer they establish that Dick Grayson does exist in this universe, and maybe even have him adopted by Bruce, but not Robin yet.

To me, Robin would be the perfect vehicle for demonstrating the positive affect that Supes can have on the Bat. Maybe establish early on that Bruce is trying to just help the kid even though Dick figured out who he was and is trying to be his sidekick. Than have Superman give Batman some confidence and hope in his mentoring abilities, and end with the oath taking scene that's always kind of awesome.

To me, the Robins (and Batgirls) could provide an excellent conduit for showing the patriarchal Batman we haven't seen yet. Ben Affleck is old enough that casting a younger teenager (not a twenty-something) as Robin would actually help the idea that he ends up being a successful, if imperfect, surrogate father to kids in need. The way I figure it, you could show Dick Grayson Pre-Robin at maybe 14 in Batman/Superman, have him be the main Robin at 16/17 in a Batman solo while introducing Jason Todd as the second son adopted at Dick's behest, then have one of Todd's allies be the more tech-oriented and more distant Tim Drake in a sequel or spinoff. Boom! Three Robin across three films.

Honestly, if I were a ruthlessly pragmatic Batman fanatic in Hollywood, I'd be devoted to painting the entire extended Batfamily as an untapped subgenre for Superhero movies with at least some guaranty of success due to the Bat-connection. Heck, even Cassandra Cain and Barbara Gordon seem like they could plausibly hold their own movie like the boys, so I'm going to be perpetually against the idea of limiting the Bat-family.

17. Knightstalker

Knightstalker Manners Maketh Man

18. Afrobean

Afrobean Well-Known Member

Dick has no place in this film. This is a Superman film with Batman guest starring. Nightwing has no place, Robin has no place. If the story included a younger Bruce, I could see having Dick as a child before becoming even Robin, but with an older Bruce, we should have an older Dick as well.

That said, I do want to see Dick in the solo Batman movie. Ideally, probably with elements from Robin's Reckoning to tell the origin, and ending with him leaving to become Nightwing.

19. Llama_Shepherd

Llama_Shepherd Well-Known Member

Yeah. Pretty much everything we're hearing about this movie seems to say it's not.

20. roach

roach I am the night

No it's not….the name of the movie is Batman vs Superman…that makes it a Batman and Superman movie…just like the Batman and Superman comic book isn't a batman comic or a superman comic.
    Freddy vs Jason was not a Freddy movie nor was it a Jason movie….it was a Jason and Freddy movie.

21. ThePowerCosmic

I'm sure if they stretch it enough, Dick can fit right in. I'm expecting a loose adaption, anyway.

[​IMG]

22. ThePowerCosmic

edit

Last edited: Nov 8, 2013
  23. Kryptonian Warrior

Kryptonian Warrior The Dawn Is Upon Us

:hehe: :rimshot:

24. ThePowerCosmic

"Ah-Thank you!"

[​IMG]

25. roach

roach I am the night