Transformers Would Transformers spark out a new wave of Robot movies?

ervann

Super Deformin'
Reaction score
Assuming it is a blockbuster (and it is likely to be), will the movie spark of a series of Robot movies over the next 5-10 years?

The genre of Japanese robot movies remain one where Hollywood has not dared to try out. With Superhero comics already flooding the cinemas each year, the success of Transformers could really open the doors for the incredibly rich, made-for-big-screen, blockbuster properties such as Robotech, Evangelion (in development hell), Voltron and Gundam (a complex war story at its core). Maybe even a faithful adaptation of Ghost in the Shell.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed. But I believe it's really a matter of time before such movies get made in the buckload.

i really hope so. not even necessarily robot movies, but how coll would it be if they made something like robot jox with todays technology.

I know for a fact that a Robotech film is being considered.

I hope to see a good Gundam film. Hopefully something along Gundam Wing.
I hope that Evangelion film gets moving.

It's not so much that Transformers sparks it out, as it is the case that Hollywood seems to be ready to jump on "huge robot" movies as the next big fad.

I think a Robotech movie would be a successful film and even a successful franchise. I've been wanting that movie more than a transformers movie

Yeah, a Robotech film would kick ass!!! Just watch certain scenes in ID4 and imagine it's Roy Fokker up there against the Zentradi (I tripped myself out one day doing that,my mind went crazy with excitement and imagination for the rest of the day).

I read somwhere about 2 years ago, that someone in Hollywood was talking about a live action Mazinger Z movie, but that was the last i heard about it, unfortunately.

I'm still waiting for a Terminator movie with a live action humans vs machines all out war in the epic scale of Lord of the Rings.

Shinobi Rendar said:
I know for a fact that a Robotech film is being considered.

I hope to see a good Gundam film. Hopefully something along Gundam Wing.
I hope that Evangelion film gets moving.[/quote]

ditto on that I check this site frequently

http://eva.trivialbeing.net/

most interesting news came from the pannel

Matt Greenfield says that Weta approached ADV about approaching Gainax to do a live action Eva movie.

Three "A List" directors that are also fans of Evangelion approached ADV about the project, not the other way around.

Greenfield talks about getting their pitch package together and that "the first thing is Robin Williams talking about Evangelion", who is apparently a big Evangelion fan, and the appearance of the Mass Production Eva toy in One Hour Photo is entirely his doing.

Celebrities have been inquiring directly to ADV about being involved in Live Action Evangelion.

The director to be signed will most likely be the first to have room in their schedule.

Greenfield acknowledges the uncertainty of the final product due to the nature of film making being driven by the director.

The slug script was written by a well known writer who has written several well known sci-fi movies. The slug script will be re-written to fit the tastes and vision of the director selected.

Greenfield acknowledges that the children will most likely be age appropriate. The kids will be picked and then the adults will be cast to work well with the children.

Tiffany Grant asserts that Weta gets 20 times more email about Evangelion than Lord of the Rings.

Greenfield says a director will most likely be signed by the end of the year.

Greenfiled says they don't want to make it for profit, but because they want to do it, and they want to do it right, and do it justice in the same way that Lord of the Rings did.

Midnyte_Sun said:
I'm still waiting for a Terminator movie with a live action humans vs machines all out war in the epic scale of Lord of the Rings.
It doesn't sound like something that john connor would organise imo...

seems a lil like suicide.

November Rain said:
It doesn't sound like something that john connor would organise imo...

seems a lil like suicide.

exactly Connor was all about Covert ops agaisnt the machines. the only time you would see the mass battle would be at then end and it would be carefully planned with a smal number in the 100's or perhaps low thousands of Humans taking it to Sky Net and Cyberdine

Midnyte_Sun said:

yeah this would be awesome. Like prequel to the first terminator movie.

I also thought they should do another matrix movie... based on the renaissance animatrix story... anyone seen that?

I think so. Voltron would probably be the first to be done, but it might just spark a wave of 80s-based movies. Thundercats, G.I. Joe...it sounds funny but there have been worse. *coughThunderbirdscough*

Midnyte_Sun said:

Now that would be awesome

I'd love a Voltron movie, 5 lions or dozen cars verions I wouldn't care. Robotech/Macross would also rock.

*coughThunderbirdscough*
What should never have been reimagined as a kids movie.

Im glad some people agree with me on this. We all know that would be suicide for John Conner's resistance to fight them head on, but I was hoping it would still happen. We always got a clue of it, in part 1, in part 2, and in part 3, but we never go to see the entire battle, or an epic battle between Cyberdyne and the Human resistance.

Instead of having the movie in the past, lets keep it in the future. Hell, with the way CGI is now, they don't even need Arnold's body, just his voice.

Personally, I really hope that the Transformers movie is enough of a success that it sparks more interest in making the movie version of Evangelion.

Gobots movie. For life, son. :cmad::up:

I would still love to see a RoboCop vs. Terminator movie. Or, how about Transformers vs. Terminator!!! A whole army of them battling the Autobots.:woot: It would look freakin cool anyway.

At the very least it should be a graphic novel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"