Age of Extinction Which robot franchise will be next?

The trick with doing Voltron right, is that you have to remember that it's bastard clone became infanitly more popular in the recent years. Of course, I'm talking about Power Rangers. It will be hard to do Voltron with out everyone thinking it's just a new version of Power Rangers, especialy those who only know Power Rangers.

:edit: I just read the script review on Latino Review and if we get that script, no worries on the whole Power Ranger mix-up.

I think that script is pretty much crap, honestly... that's not Voltron...

But yeah, if Voltron keeps close to its hard sci fi roots, I don't think the Power Ranger thing will be a real problem...

Jack would be hilarious as Zarkon...

I think that script is pretty much crap, honestly... that's not Voltron...
True. Voltron is five young people in matching suits and helmets who do some hand to hand fighting, then jump in their huge robot vehicles that merge into an even bigger humanoid robot, and then kick the crap out of a gigantic monster of some kind. Almost forgot, and some campy humor thrown in for fun. Not even close to Power Rangers. Look, I know Voltron came first, and was the best, but more of today's younger people know Power Rangers. My kid brother is 20, and he was raised on Power Rangers. I had to teach him about Voltron, the same way the studio would have to teach almost every other 20-something about how Voltron is NOT Power Rangers.

Robotech would be sweet but I think they'd go over budget within the first few seconds of a mobile armor fight scene or something. So the movie would last all of 25 minutes. Ha Ha.

As much as I would hate to see Gundam tarnished. I would kill for a live action movie. Based on the original U.C. show of course, not Wing, Deffinetly not Seed. And as someone already stated make it really serious and hard core.

I mean lets face it, with out Gundam there may not have even been a Transformers, or any other major robot franchise. And there is a fanbase that would surely support it.

Evangelion could be really cool, but would be extremly difficult. Voltron could be cool, but it was always kind of lame. And Big O would be pretty awesome.

The Guyver, Mazinger Z was shown in the USA as Tranzor Z

T'Chaka, I was a huge fan of Getter Robo and Ufo Robot Grendizer. Even though GR, MZ and URG will probably not get adapted in the US there are great sequels to Mazinger and Getter Robo as Mazinkaiser, Getter Robo Armageddon and New Getter Robo. GRA was a sequel to all the getter series including the manga Venger Robo.

when i first heard the idea of voltron i was like "wtf, are you serious?" ive already seen it, its called the power rangers. Thank you but no thanks. Gundam already came out with a live action movie and it flopped horribly considering it was a direct to dvd release with bad actors, afterthat i dont think anyone will be touching that franchise with a ten foot pole even though an 08 ms team gundam movie would kick a**.

The Guyver, Mazinger Z was shown in the USA as Tranzor Z

T'Chaka, I was a huge fan of Getter Robo and Ufo Robot Grendizer. Even though GR, MZ and URG will probably not get adapted in the US there are great sequels to Mazinger and Getter Robo as Mazinkaiser, Getter Robo Armageddon and New Getter Robo. GRA was a sequel to all the getter series including the manga Venger Robo.

The Guyver has a movie already lol. The first one rocked, second one was like.."what?". Though if they did a remake and made it hardcore...thatd be sweet.

Im really wanting Voltron too or some Gundam..I was raised on Power Rangers too, as someone stated earlier about his kid brother being 20 and needing a Voltron teaching..I'm 19, and I watched some Voltron when I was younger...and... There isnt much Wikipedia cant teach you in terms of like..anime and superheroes and giant freakin robots.

Voltron was actually based of two Japanese animes I believe, Go-lion and Voltes V, the script combines Go-lion (Which is just like Voltron except infinitely darker) Voltes V (which again is almost like Voltron but with religeous iconography) and the Voltron series we all know and love, personally I love the idea of combining all three series into one giant action packed film :up:

i wish i could watch evangelon on the internet but all the versions i find are japenese with subtitles and i dont feel like reading

Well it seems Robotech is next...

but a Gundam movie based on the original series with the sequels summing up Zeta and Char's Counterattack or a trilogy based on Wing (preferably the latter) would be ideal. Alas, I doubt either would come to pass.

wait did they make a robobtech show. i think i played a game of it butt thats all

We know Macross and Voltron (why?) is being done.

My personal wishes:

Macross. Has huge incredible, epic potential for live-action. A fully blown Macross movie would be incredible, but expensive as all hell and I see them scaling and dumbing Macross down ala Transformers.

Gundam. The same; incredible live-action potential, but CGI cost will skyrocket the budget so it will be scaled back and dumbed down for greater appeal ala Transformers.

Hopefully this won't be the case and at least one of these properties will get the LOTR treatment.

What about Gatchaman?

And how come no one has love for Giant Robo?

What about Big Guy and Rusty?

What about Gatchaman?

And how come no one has love for Giant Robo?

What about Big Guy and Rusty?

I think I read somewhere that G-force is being shopped around for consideration.

Giant Robo like Big O would be great, but both those series are highly stylized. It would take a very artistically talented director to bring them to life.

Burton....? Raimi....? Jackson....? Spielberg?

.............man are there any other directors other than the usual big name fantasy film directors that can make these kinds of films?

Voltron will be next but if done right

robotech_poster.jpg

Will dominate

Ufo Robot Grendizer. Go Nagai's classic anime series following the last survivor of a devastating attack by Vega The Strong (his would be father in law) whom nearly destroyed Duke Fleed's Homeworld. Duke then defends his new world Earth against Vega the Strong's nearly endless army of evil. It ran for 74 episodes during 1974-1975

that would be a dream come true if it ever happens.

Goldrake

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"