Sequels Would you be okay with Venom sans symbiote in a sequel?

Venom vs Green Goblin? You mean Black suited Spidey vs Green Goblin right?

Maybe both. If Norman Osborn is still alive after Venom's birth, I think it would be interesting to have them meet and interact. It's a possibility.

I don't know why they don't. Then again, I haven't really fleshed it out beyond this basic thematic summary.

It would depend on a few factors, such as the passage of time between films (Brock and the symbiote would merge shortly before Venom begins trying to kill Spider-Man), for example.

The idea is that he would be dead, but it could work if he survived. I think a Venom vs Green Goblin fight could be awesome.

Venom's appearance could be relatively soon, and as for Carnage, I don't have any plans for him (I don't really care for him), but I wouldn't rule him out entirely.

Sounds good, but thinking about it, prolly best if Norman dies at his own hands. I can't seem to picture Venom vs. GG. But the rest sounds amazing.

Sounds good, but thinking about it, prolly best if Norman dies at his own hands. I can't seem to picture Venom vs. GG. But the rest sounds amazing.

Well, that was what I was thinking would happen anyway. I was also thinking it might be interesting to have Eddie Brock as, not only a friend to Peter Parker, but also Gwen's ex-boyfriend. Thus they share the same tragedy.

Well, that was what I was thinking would happen anyway. I was also thinking it might be interesting to have Eddie Brock as, not only a friend to Peter Parker, but also Gwen's ex-boyfriend. Thus they share the same tragedy.

Nice, you could even use some of the same sort of tension that developed in SM3, Brock hates Peter for "stealing" his girlfriend and job, and hates Spider-man b/c he blames him for Gwen's death (who he felt he still had a chance with). What do you think?

Nice, you could even use some of the same sort of tension that developed in SM3, Brock hates Peter for "stealing" his girlfriend and job, and hates Spider-man b/c he blames him for Gwen's death (who he felt he still had a chance with). What do you think?

Good ideas.

Great ideas, guys! Here's my take:

TASM-Lizard (Of Course) and Van Atter (As Peter's parent's murderer. And MJ introduce very brief if not this then in #2.)
TASM 2-Electro, Sandman, and Rhino. What would be kind of cool is to have the Enforcers become them, but the nit would kind of ruin the real Enforcers. (Or just have Electro alone b/c I think he could be better on his own. The villains could be "pet projects" of OsCorp. Also introduce Harry Osborn, Norman Osborn, Eddie Brock. Shocker to have a very tiny role.)
TASM 3-Green Goblin! (He steals some more gear from OsCorp during Dr. Octavious's fusion project. Goblin ruins the machine, Ock gets put in a comma. Gwen Stacy's death of course. Have Peter get the black suit. And introduce the Black Cat.)

If those three are successful and they wanna keep going:

TASM 4-Venom! (Have MJ and Peter starting off on their relationship. Peter starts having problems with his body (not puberty lol.)
TASM 5-Kraven and Morbius (Final battle is between Spidey and Kraven. In this movie, Peter grows his famous six arms and in the middle of the film becomes Man-Spider. Near the end after Peter is cured, the transformation gives him organic webbing.)
TASM 6-The Sinister Six-Doc Ock, Electro, Kraven, Sandman, Rhino, and Shocker
:woot::woot::woot:

What if they don't create the symbiote? What if the symbiote was found from the moon and it's given to Eddie Brock and Richard Parker so they can study it, and as they do, they find out that because of it's unique biologic structure it has an amazing healing factor and it could be the cure for cancer

So a mix of both origins? Hmm, it could work...

I assume you mean Eddie Brock Sr, right?

Maybe they stopped working on it, or lock it away after finding out about its hostile nature. Until Eddie Brock finds it, and decides to continue his fathers research... with dire consequences. lol

What if they don't create the symbiote? What if the symbiote was found from the moon and it's given to Eddie Brock and Richard Parker so they can study it, and as they do, they find out that because of it's unique biologic structure it has an amazing healing factor and it could be the cure for cancer

Thats actually what I thought word for word!

What if they don't create the symbiote? What if the symbiote was found from the moon....
Because the moon is an outdated concept. Neil Armstrong first set foot on the moon in the 1960's, it's explored territory, it's played out, it's been done, it's old news and plus it has no place in the Spider-Man mythos.

Yes, I agree the most recent Transformers did use the (outdated) moon as their working subtitle and partial backdrop, but those characters have extraterrestrial origins and it works well in their setting but Spider-Man doesn't fit within the extraterrestrial story telling design.

Spider-Man has a scientific backdrop, with Spider-Man you have to introduce the idea of his world built around the idea of genetic research, scientific study, technological advancements and things that apply to biological advances in things such as embryonic stem cells, hybrids, DNA, cellular regeneration and degeneration, artificial intelligence, robotics, or mutation,... not alien visitors from another planet.

'Rise of the Planet Of The Apes' realized this and took the concept of a planet of intelligent apes and brought it into modern film making sensibilities using animal testing as a backdrop for creating intelligent apes rather than some outer space originated 'Planet Of The Apes'.

Step into the 21st century man, moon exploration is so "been there done that" and movies have been telling stories about black goop from outer space since 'The Blob' in the 1950's,...... it's time to move on.

Last edited:
I wanna see the symbiote comes from space as the parasite it is,but with a much better storyline and explaination than Spider-man 3 gave us. I really like(again)what SSM gave us. The creature comes to earth thanks to a space shuttle mission or what have you. Empire state is given the task to study the creature,but it somehow gets free(let's say because of a fight between Spider-man and a foe to be named later)and attaches itself to Peter. Spider-man is spotted at the scene and the Bugle(and Jameson)call Spidey a thief for stealing the symbiote. Spider-man is mis-trusted more than ever and it makes it easier for the symbiote to feed and his anger and negative emotions.
Something along these lines is fine with me. The symbiote/Venom storyline is very complex as it is. Having this whole "cancer suit" story would just crowd the film up even more.

Because the moon is an outdated concept. Neil Armstrong first set foot on the moon in the 1960's, it's explored territory, it's played out, it's been done, it's old news and plus it has no place in the Spider-Man mythos.

Yes, I agree the most recent Transformers did use the (outdated) moon as their working subtitle and partial backdrop, but those characters have extraterrestrial origins and it works well in their setting but Spider-Man doesn't fit within the extraterrestrial story telling design.

Spider-Man has a scientific backdrop, with Spider-Man you have to introduce the idea of his world built around the idea of genetic research, scientific study, technological advancements and things that apply to biological advances in things such as embryonic stem cells, hybrids, DNA, cellular regeneration and degeneration, artificial intelligence, robotics, or mutation,... not alien visitors from another planet.

'Rise of the Planet Of The Apes' realized this and took the concept of a planet of intelligent apes and brought it into modern film making sensibilities using animal testing as a backdrop for creating intelligent apes rather than some outer space originated 'Planet Of The Apes'.

Step into the 21st century man, moon exploration is so "been there done that" and movies have been telling stories about black goop from outer space since 'The Blob' in the 1950's,...... it's time to move on.

Ok, I agree with the moon stuff being outdated, but I still do think that the alien origin is more interesting. Doesn't really matter where it comes from, it's just a must for me

The reason I prefer the alien origin is because the symbiote is almost a character of it's own. The way the ultimate origin could be interesting is that if Richard Parker and Eddie Brock sr would actually manage to create a lifeform in the process of making the "chemical bath ooze"

So a mix of both origins? Hmm, it could work...

I assume you mean Eddie Brock Sr, right?

Maybe they stopped working on it, or lock it away after finding out about its hostile nature. Until Eddie Brock finds it, and decides to continue his fathers research... with dire consequences. lol

That's exactly what I was going for :awesome: this way the origin could be very comic accurate and at the same time fresh

I had an interesting idea for the symbiote's origin and nature, including how Venom's powers work.
The symbiote is designed by an advanced alien culture to facilitate survival in hostile environments storing immense amounts of information about its host and even be able to replicate them if necessary. Upon entering a new environment, is designed to adapt to its new surroundings by bonding with an existing life-form, and store its DNA, structure, morphology, composition, memories, et cetera. By doing so, it learns how to adapt and how to survive.

The symbiote is taken to Earth on a space shuttle, and sent to Doctor Connors for study, with lab assistants Eddie Brock and Peter Parker. Eventually, it comes into contact with Peter, and it records his memories, and the altered composition and structure of his body responsible for his spider-powers, and even the composition of his webbing. He discovers that it's alive and gets it off of him. It finds Eddie Brock and merges with him to form Venom, giving him Peter's morphological enhancements that create his powers, memories, and even webbing.

What do you think of my idea?

To answer the thread title...

No, please. Thank you.

Introduce Eddie Brock (Jensen Ackles) in the second film, the symbiote in the third, and Venom in the fourth. It's really simple.

I'm gonna' be honest that in theory SM3's iteration combined all the best elements of Venom's origin. Eddie Brock being Peter's rival and doppleganger (a la USM), Peter/Spidey under symbiote influence screwing Brock out of his job at the Bugle and reputation in NYC (TAS), the symbiote turning Spidey dark (TAS), church birth (616, TAS), and the suit being alien (616).

However, the execution was crap because he was crammed in there and Raimi clearly cared little for the character which left Brock underdeveloped, Venom's screentime feeling rushed and forced in and a completely awful interpretation of dark Spider-Man.

Oh well.

For me, The Spectacular Spider-Man might be the best distillations of Venom.

To answer the thread title...

No, please. Thank you.

Introduce Eddie Brock (Jensen Ackles) in the second film, the symbiote in the third, and Venom in the fourth. It's really simple.

Agreed. The alien symbiote is not the problem.

As I am currently rereading the Venom arc of Ultimate Spider-Man, I found that while the new subtextual meaning of the Venom suit being the Peter and Eddie's inheritance and their father's legacy, it causes many things to not make sense in the process:
  1. Why for God's sake does a suit designed to use the body's toxins against tumors and the like feed on the host, enhance aggression, and give the patient superpowers?
  2. Is it alive and/or conscious? Does it have a will of its own? What determines the suit's appearance? Why did Peter gain the classic symbol? Why does Eddie Brock at first look like a bulked-up, symbol-less version of Venom-Suit Spider-Man and then transform into a tendriled monstrosity? I could buy a sentient, shapeshifting life-form allowing the host to take on these features, but I want an explanation for why a cure for cancer would.

Furthermore, the different origin changes the nature of the story as well. Using it as a drop-in replacement for a symbiote of alien nature is a terrible idea. They're totally different beasts.

Have the symbiote be found on Mars.You could also use the sand of Mars to create Sandman.

Have the symbiote be found on Mars.You could also use the sand of Mars to create Sandman.

What is with you and terrible ideas? Why should the symbiote be found on Mars? What in God's name would be added by Sandman being based on the ferrous sand of Mars? Sandman sucks, why bother including him in the film series?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"