Sequels Would you change Spidey's costume???

This was a redesign I had done a few weeks ago. But seeing that the Ben Reilly costume was still popular, I was thinking about painting that look in a realistic form. If I do whip together a quick pic of the BR costume, does anyone want to see any changes made to it?

spidermanrdsncolorsmallxb5.jpg
That is one sweet looking suit! You did a gret job on the design and the composition as well. But I'm a Spidey purist. I never liked the black suit (even less on film), or any other alternative Spidey. Yours comes as close as I can imagine to a suit I'd select if I HAD to pick a different one. I also kinda liked Ross's design. But still, keep the original! By the way, what did you draw and color that with? Oils?

Spider–Man;12402772 said:
That is one sweet looking suit! You did a gret job on the design and the composition as well. But I'm a Spidey purist. I never liked the black suit (even less on film), or any other alternative Spidey. Yours comes as close as I can imagine to a suit I'd select if I HAD to pick a different one. I also kinda liked Ross's design. But still, keep the original! By the way, what did you draw and color that with? Oils?

Thanks! I think if they keep the same design for the next film, it should be tweaked just a little bit. And the pic was done with water colors and gouache.

The Spider-man suit from these past three films is the closest you can get to perfection. :up:

That said, I wouldn't mind seeing a change in a design...especially if they move the franchise in a new direction, which I hope they do.

This was a redesign I had done a few weeks ago. But seeing that the Ben Reilly costume was still popular, I was thinking about painting that look in a realistic form. If I do whip together a quick pic of the BR costume, does anyone want to see any changes made to it?

spidermanrdsncolorsmallxb5.jpg

Man thats nice! better than the civil war costume but kip the red & blue color. To be honest I d stay with the original one but on the other hand if it s temporary why not.

All I would do is change the eyes to be Romita eyes, other than that its fine. A little unbelievable that Peter made it, but whatever suspension of disbelief.

All I would do is change the eyes to be Romita eyes, other than that its fine. A little unbelievable that Peter made it, but whatever suspension of disbelief.

I had that problem of believing that Peter made the costume, but then you have to realize that Raime's universe is entirely fantasy. It's not even like Batman Begins, where it'ds supposed to mirror our world. His universe is one where really nothing makes a whole lot of sense is designed to mirror the style and tone of an old-fashioned comic book.

I was never a huge fan of the raised webs. I'd rather they were more printed on like some of the detail from the black suit. Also, I'd prefer the webs were black instead of silver and they eyes were bigger.

I had that problem of believing that Peter made the costume, but then you have to realize that Raime's universe is entirely fantasy. It's not even like Batman Begins, where it'ds supposed to mirror our world. His universe is one where really nothing makes a whole lot of sense is designed to mirror the style and tone of an old-fashioned comic book.

yes I like the line his spider-man films walk between fantasy and reality, there is a comic book esque feeling there for sure.

I have the answer: Give Spider-Man smaller eyes (ala John Romita Sr style) and give Spidey the black webbing (albiet shiny) instead of the silver.

Anyone agree?

Spidey's suit in the movies is perfect in my opinion. I would'nt change a thing

Spider–Man;12402772 said:

I agree with you that that is great work.
I like alternate costumes, but only for VERY limited story arcs, like no more than three issues. I like them best when they are presented as a "What if" or "Elseworlds" type thing. I like it when an artist is told by the company that they can come up with their own costumes, but only on a limited scale.

Great work, although I don't know about the big spider symbol being that large on the front of his suit. It should be quite a bit smaller. Overall the rest needs to be in a movie.

Great work, although I don't know about the big spider symbol being that large on the front of his suit. It should be quite a bit smaller. Overall the rest needs to be in a movie.

But he is SPIDER-man, and nothing of the costume itself really says "SPIDER", so I don't have a problem with it being that big. This costume would have been great through that whole "totem" storyline or whatever the heck it is called.

I'd make the webbing more curvey. The more I look at it the more they look like a bounch of squares. I'd also make sure there's no web lines that just end all of the sudden. That they all flow together. I'd get rid of the web lines coming to a point on the mask in the middle. Make the eyes bigger and rounder. Make the blue darker. A lot of people don't know but Steve made the Spider-man costume red and black the blue was original just for highlights. Just like how the used to highlight Venom.

I'd go with a costume similar to that of Scarlet Spider-Man except maybe modified a little. Or just a black & red version of the original costume instead of the traditional red & blue.

I have the answer: Give Spider-Man smaller eyes (ala John Romita Sr style) and give Spidey the black webbing (albiet shiny) instead of the silver.

Anyone agree?
I LOVE this suit! But I wouldn't mind what you said...I'd like to see how it would look....

I LOVE this suit! But I wouldn't mind what you said...I'd like to see how it would look....
I want to wear it....I like how it looks too. Has something, just a hint of coustom.

I was never a huge fan of the raised webs. I'd rather they were more printed on like some of the detail from the black suit. Also, I'd prefer the webs were black instead of silver and they eyes were bigger.
I don't think them being printed on would look very great. I mean, I'm sure it would look cool but the raised webbing adds to the coolness of the costume IMO. I recall James Acheson saying that they were trying to make the webs look 3-dimensional. :up:

Maybe for the next Spiderman they should do the clone saga nd put that cosutme on Ben.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"