Civil War Would you like to see the Red Skull return at some point?

AKLbrotherFLASH

Civilian
Reaction score
Let's be honest, guys. Skull's not dead. If Loki can survive the starry abyss, I'm positive the Red Skull can too. Would you like to see him come back at some point, like perhaps in Civil War? Or are y'all happy with Zemo being the big bad guy overall in the next Cap film?

I'm kind of flip-flopped on this. I really do want Skull to return ASAP. Even if it's like a super surprise that comes at the post-credits scene. But I do want Zemo to be more competent than Baron von Strucker was in Age of Ultron. I was super disappointed in that. I genuinely liked who they picked to play von Stucker and he barely got enough credit in AoU.

Anyway what are your opinions?

I wouldn't mind Skull returning with Sin.

He's got to come back at some point. He's been one of Marvel's best villains over the years. Perhaps he can return as part of a team of villains?

bad place to the yeah! A shame that Hugo Weaving ain't returning but the character definitely needs to return. Not sure how or when except I guess CA 4 or in the end credit scene for Avengers:Infinity War Part II

In my hunch, Red skull was supposed to return durng tws and he supposed to be disguised as alexander pierce all along, but it was scrapped. Because pierce role mirrors aleksander lukin's role from winter soldier story arc.

Last edited:
In my hunch, Red skull was supposed to return durng tws and he supposed to be disguised as alexander pierce all along, but it was scrapped. Because pierce role mirrors aleksander lukin's role from winter soldier story arc.

Considering that Pierce was originally Strucker before the role was rewritten for Redford, I doubt it.

As for Skull, I can live without him. He's the ultimate Nazi pure evil complete monster, and there's not a lot of depth to that. He's served his purpose, as far as I care.

I'd be interested if he was reappropriated as someone else's villain. Perhaps GotG's

Considering that Pierce was originally Strucker before the role was rewritten for Redford, I doubt it.

As for Skull, I can live without him. He's the ultimate Nazi pure evil complete monster, and there's not a lot of depth to that. He's served his purpose, as far as I care.

I'd be interested if he was reappropriated as someone else's villain. Perhaps GotG's
I respectfully disagree. In the comics, he was a hardcore Nazi up until the modern-day when he becomes, as he would put it, "Bigger than fascism." In TFA, his ambitions were far greater than what Hitler had in mind. I would find it really odd to see him in GotG without Cap in the picture though. Just doesn't seem right.

There's an interesting theory that since the tesseract is the Space stone, Hydra's weapons didn't vaporize people but transported them and it's obvious that he didn't die at the end of TFA but transported. I would like Infinity War to show a deserted planet filled with corpses of WWII soldiers, and Maybe a recently arrives Red Skull. Perhaps Thanos enlists Red Skull.

I respectfully disagree. In the comics, he was a hardcore Nazi up until the modern-day when he becomes, as he would put it, "Bigger than fascism." In TFA, his ambitions were far greater than what Hitler had in mind. I would find it really odd to see him in GotG without Cap in the picture though. Just doesn't seem right.

That's correct. He stopped being just a Nazi off-shoot decades ago.

I would be perfectly fine with seeing the Red Skull again, but not in Civil War. There's already so much going on in Civil War that there's no way they could do justice to Red Skull's return. They should save him for a movie where there might be more room for him, like maybe one of the two Infinity War films. If they use him again, I want him to be used properly and not be shoehorned in.

I'm glad they didn't go this route in TWS, because it would have been really stupid. The movie worked much, much better with Redford's Pierce acting as an MCU Lukin for the Winter Soldier story.

I'm glad they didn't go this route in TWS, because it would have been really stupid. The movie worked much, much better with Redford's Pierce acting as an MCU Lukin for the Winter Soldier story.
Actually they kind of did. Though whole Hydra thing was an adaptation of the story were the Red Skull secretly became the secretary of Defense. I'm certain they discussed it but dropped the idea early on since it wouldn't fit with the story.

Actually they kind of did. Though whole Hydra thing was an adaptation of the story were the Red Skull secretly became the secretary of Defense. I'm certain they discussed it but dropped the idea early on since it wouldn't fit with the story.

Yes, that's what I meant. Having Pierce be the Red Skull in disguise wouldn't have fit with the story at all, so the writers combined different elements of the Winter Soldier story, the Red-Skull-as-Defense-Secretary story, the Secret Empire story, and various Hydra-centric stories.

Only if they can use him better than they did in TFA. And no, shoving him into CW as well would not be a good idea imo.

Cap needs another go at the Red Skull as much as Stark needs a crack at the real Mandarin. Make it happen in Phase 4, Marvel Studios.

Fair enough, but I guess I don't see that as that functionally different.

Well, if I remember right... Red Skull was shot into space somewhere, but Rogers was frozen. Technically, Skull would have to be dead already, or really old, since Rogers is a man out of time. Heck, Arnim Zola is dead technically but is living as a computer, which made sense as to why he remained relevant.

I suppose Skull could rejuvenate somehow... or be brought from the past into the future. But as far as I know... the tesseract is door way... not a cryo-chamber.

Regardless of what logic they use. I'm open to the idea of a compelling return of Red Skull.

If done right.

It is possible (likely) the super soldier serum slows aging therefore it is possible Red Skull is still strong and fit on whatever planet he ended up on.

It is possible (likely) the super soldier serum slows aging therefore it is possible Red Skull is still strong and fit on whatever planet he ended up on.

It's more than possible though I don't know if the MCU wants to go there. It would fit in with the serum giving advanced healing and regeneration to keep the body in peak human form.

In the comics Steve was on Dimension Z for and 12 years and had barely aged unlike Sharon.

In the MCU they could explain Red Skull not aging as being sent somewhere where time paces more slowly since he was transported by the Space Gem.

There's an interesting theory that since the tesseract is the Space stone, Hydra's weapons didn't vaporize people but transported them and it's obvious that he didn't die at the end of TFA but transported. I would like Infinity War to show a deserted planet filled with corpses of WWII soldiers, and Maybe a recently arrives Red Skull. Perhaps Thanos enlists Red Skull.

i often thought that would be a cool idea, that somewhere out there all the soldiers were alive and maybe in limbo, could be something to deal with in AOS season 5 or so, ala The 4400

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"