Would You Want Wolverine To Have His Own Trilogy?

Wow, for all the story and versatility this character has you go and say that. They've thought sequel from the get go. I mean you could make one movie about the Weapon X project. You could make another about his gov't team ups with other superhero's. His life after X-Men. His life in Japan. Him figuring out what all happened and then him going back for revenge.

Anyways, this flavio person is ridiculous to say that. And then he or she quoted a Lord Of the Rings fan. Hey Lords fan if they are thinking about making two hobbit movies. Why can't they make more than one Wolvy movie. Yea, seriously....two The Hobbit movies. What a ridiculous point. Your playing checkers, bub.

Savage said:
You just said it in your second line. His story is too long. It's too big. You think 6 hours is going to handle all of that? 30 years in comics hasn't been able to handle all of that yet. A moderately mudget tv series is fine. Like I said, the show would cost less than Blade since it requires less CGI. A Wolverine series could be the modern Incredible Hulk with him going from place to place in search of clues to his origin.

Dude, look what happened to Blade. It's getting dropped. And I don't want some no name no talent playing Logan. How they gonna do his healing factor without CGI or his claws coming in and out? Or the fight scenes? The Hulk worked cause Lou was huge and that's as close as you got to CGI back then. Since Logan has already been on the bigscreen then TV would have a lot to live up to. Logan on TV, and on a station not many people watch. Nah! Not likely. Big Screen, in three movies or more. Marvel knows better than to make a TV show when the Box office is where the money is whether its' doing well or not. 300 some odd million would feel better than 30 million on TV with nobody watching. And Hugh won't do TV consistantly.

I see a tv series as a chance to get someone who looks more faithful to the character (and not just a Hugh lookalike, I'd hope). Healing quickly has become cheap on tv and I'm sure they'd use a dummy hand for the claws and maybe on rare occasions use CGI. Wolverine isn't a CG heavy character. His fights could be like his fight with Sabretooth where the healing factor was pretty much implied. We don't need to see him heal or anything. Just that the cuts are gone.

And I'm sure FOX or FX would take Wolverine. As for Blade? The show was good and had decent ratings. I really don't understand why Spike dropped it for more UFC and CSI reruns. I'm sure that show would have stood a better chance on FX or something. You have to take into account who is more popular to the public eye though. Blade or Wolverine? People would be al over a Wolverine show and we wouldn't wonder about "They cut that guy out?!" or "aww man. I really wish they were going with this storyline.".

Savage said:
I see a tv series as a chance to get someone who looks more faithful to the character (and not just a Hugh lookalike, I'd hope). Healing quickly has become cheap on tv and I'm sure they'd use a dummy hand for the claws and maybe on rare occasions use CGI. Wolverine isn't a CG heavy character. His fights could be like his fight with Sabretooth where the healing factor was pretty much implied. We don't need to see him heal or anything. Just that the cuts are gone.

And I'm sure FOX or FX would take Wolverine. As for Blade? The show was good and had decent ratings. I really don't understand why Spike dropped it for more UFC and CSI reruns. I'm sure that show would have stood a better chance on FX or something. You have to take into account who is more popular to the public eye though. Blade or Wolverine? People would be al over a Wolverine show and we wouldn't wonder about "They cut that guy out?!" or "aww man. I really wish they were going with this storyline.".

That's what I mean though, I am worried about the story line. I don't car what is successful or not. I just want it to be done right. ANd it definitely has a better chance to be done well on the Big Screen where the writers really care about what is in the movie.

ANd half the fun of watching Wolvy was the fact that he healed before your eyes and how you could see the metal underneath and all. His claws coming out of his hands are huge scenes. Especially when you see them slowly come out of his hands or rise out quickly. That's the intimidation of Wolverine, hes relentless, he'll never stop, the healing represents that.

Bottom line is I think we would all rather have a movie series of Logan than a tv show where most live-action shows are unsuccesful.

A big screen adaption would be nice but I just hate it when integral parts or characters even are cut out. I mean a tv series would get to delve fully into something like Origin or Weapon X. In a movie, Origin will be cut down to like 10 minutes. His escape from Weapon X will be all that is shown with not even a mension of Corneleus by name or any of those guys. The movie will pretty much end up being an attempt to mash years and years into a movie. Wolverine is such a character that his origin alone is a full length movie. That's what bugs me about a movie. Blink and you just missed 7 issues.

I love the idea of a Wolverine movie. Don't get me wrong. I'll be right there in line. I just think more justice can be brought to the character (and the x-men in general) on the small screen...Especially with someone like Whedon to take what he does in the comics to the screen...Too bad he's busy with Wonder Woman.

WeaponXProject said:
Yea, he deserves it, he's the deepest character with the longest story. To all the punks who voted no...why not? He has the most story and is the most beloved, are you jealous? quote]

Yes, you figured it out. People who don't want 3 more Wolverine movies on top of the 3 we just had are simply jealous of him. Good work.

I agree with that. That's what this discussion is about. Should there be more than one movie. Yeap. I hope your right about the Origin stuff, that's all I really want to see in this besides the Weapon X blow out. There is alot in little time, but it worked in Star Wars Episode III.

Atleast we both can't wait for this movie. I'm pumped for it, bub.:wolverine

Savage said:
Especially with someone like Whedon to take what he does in the comics to the screen...Too bad he's busy with Wonder Woman.

the last thing I want is more of Whedon's "witty sarcasm" flowing from the mouths of every character in a Wolverine movie. I do think he comes up with good situations to put characters in and creative ways of getting them out... but when it comes to dialogue, I think Whedon just plain sucks. it works on the written page of course, for X-Men or whatever... but in his tv shows, in my opinion, it's absolute cheese. I'd be worried about him filling a famous title like "Wolverine" with those corny one liners. Then again, the audience today eats that stuff up.

Yea Larry but the movies were about current Wolverine, not a prequel. That's what there making. I already said I agree that wolvy was to much of the main plot of all three movies but we all liked 'em. They will make a movie about Gambit some day and more Xmen movies. And alot of people are starting to say that they don't even think Cyclops is dead. I'm more pessimistic than them but he could be alive. Technically she never admits to killing Scott in X3. Nor do we see him disappear, he may have got knocked into the woods. And if she couldn't kill Logan then she definitely could not kill Scott. And I know everyone's saying Logan has a healing factor but if she wanted to....that could have been it for Logan.​

WeaponXProject said:
Technically she never admits to killing Scott in X3. Nor do we see him disappear, he may have got knocked into the woods. And if she couldn't kill Logan then she definitely could not kill Scott.

But the nature of Jean's power, remember, is unstable, erratic. She can demolecurise people at will. She could have killed him and we'd be none the wiser.

And if she killed Xavier without a second's thought, why in the world wouldn't she kill Logan? After all, he has only known her for a few years, and they weren't even a real couple. Xavier, on the other hand, is like a father to Jean. A friend/mentor. They have known each other since Jean was a young girl. Why would she kill a man whom she respected and cared for, instead of a loner like Wolverine?

larryfilmmaker said:
the last thing I want is more of Whedon's "witty sarcasm" flowing from the mouths of every character in a Wolverine movie. I do think he comes up with good situations to put characters in and creative ways of getting them out... but when it comes to dialogue, I think Whedon just plain sucks. it works on the written page of course, for X-Men or whatever... but in his tv shows, in my opinion, it's absolute cheese. I'd be worried about him filling a famous title like "Wolverine" with those corny one liners. Then again, the audience today eats that stuff up.
Eh. I'd be fine if he just copied and pasted his work from Astonishing X-men. Yes on tv his stuff comes off as cheese but that's half the fun. He can do over the top just right. That's why I felt he was perfect for X-men and he has proved that with his work on Astonishing...Hell, he even managed to make sense of the costumes. He practically brought them back.

TKing said:
But the nature of Jean's power, remember, is unstable, erratic. She can demolecurise people at will. She could have killed him and we'd be none the wiser.

And if she killed Xavier without a second's thought, why in the world wouldn't she kill Logan? After all, he has only known her for a few years, and they weren't even a real couple. Xavier, on the other hand, is like a father to Jean. A friend/mentor. They have known each other since Jean was a young girl. Why would she kill a man whom she respected and cared for, instead of a loner like Wolverine?

But Magneto made it seem as Prof. X manipulated her and held her back. Magneto tricked her into it. Even Prof. said I had to keep you from being Phoenix. And how Wolverine showed his relentless pursuit to help/stop her at the end, I don't think she had it in her. It made for great drama as well.

Savage said:

Dude this could be amazing... a Wolverine TV series. I'd have to say it'd only fit on HBO though because it should be pure story. No commercials, no dumbed down plotlines, etc. I wish the current X-Men films and new Wolverine movies would disappear from existance and that NEW X-Men films (awesome teamwork filled, prejudice-based, loyal to EVERY character versions) took their place... making Wolverine a Boba-Fett-like character, often in the shadows with unclear intentions. He would be HUGE if they let him be a loner like uhh... Wolverine IS. Then, after an awesome X-trilogy... maybe Wolvie could leave the team in the last film and have his own tv show where he tries to rediscover his past (fill it with tons of flash backs and scenes in the old west, etc)

We're simply not going to get the depth these characters and stories deserve with the star of the movies working as producer. It's going to be a Hugh Jackman vehicle (like the x-men movies were) that cements his not very strong movie lead status (not strong because of Kate and Leopold, Someone like You, Van Helsing, etc) and we're in for one more dumb ass story before this series finally dies.

larryfilmmaker said:
We're simply not going to get the depth these characters and stories deserve with the star of the movies working as producer. It's going to be a Hugh Jackman vehicle (like the x-men movies were) that cements his not very strong movie lead status (not strong because of Kate and Leopold, Someone like You, Van Helsing, etc) and we're in for one more dumb ass story before this series finally dies.

Blah, blah, blah...you're hating on Hugh when he first started he's evolved since then. He was just getting his shoes wet and that's all. This story, sworn by Jackman and Stan Lee, is to be the darkest and most dimensional of the X films. They plan on worrying more about one character, his beginning, his truths, his pain, than an expansive amount of characters like in the Xmen films. Though the Xmen films are mostly controlled through Wolverine, this movie is understood by the fans to be that way. No doubts should be made about this film until we find a director and character list and a brief synopsis. I think it is obvious that this movie will be much different than the other X-Men movies, considering Jackman, Lee and Avi Arad has said so, and we can expect it to be less of a one-liner beat ass film and more of a discovery and drama that is his origin. I do agree that it should be more like the comic where Wolverine is a loner and a shadow hidden character but I say to you it will be that way.

I doubt a trilogy will happen since wolverine is such a universaly hated character these days, infact I really think many with boycott it or something.

Swifty that is one of those statements in which I can't understand where you would get your evidence from. Who hates Wolverine? If Wolverine is so hated then why are his sales on his Origin story going up and why is the DVD of X3 one of the hottest on the market. Who would boycott this? An anti-Marvel fan? This is what half the Xmen fans have been waiting for! I'm pumped

WeaponXProject said:
Blah, blah, blah...you're hating on Hugh when he first started he's evolved since then. He was just getting his shoes wet and that's all. This story, sworn by Jackman and Stan Lee, is to be the darkest and most dimensional of the X films. They plan on worrying more about one character, his beginning, his truths, his pain, than an expansive amount of characters like in the Xmen films. Though the Xmen films are mostly controlled through Wolverine, this movie is understood by the fans to be that way. No doubts should be made about this film until we find a director and character list and a brief synopsis. I think it is obvious that this movie will be much different than the other X-Men movies, considering Jackman, Lee and Avi Arad has said so, and we can expect it to be less of a one-liner beat ass film and more of a discovery and drama that is his origin. I do agree that it should be more like the comic where Wolverine is a loner and a shadow hidden character but I say to you it will be that way.

Wolverine did not evolve. They even filmed a deleted scene where he was in a cage match at the end of X3. Evolved nothing.

Stan Lee didn't create Wolverine. Lee's X-Men icons were dead by the end of the trilogy.

Avi Arad also claimed that Fantastic Four, Daredevil, and Hulk would blow the fans away. He's a proven *******.

You like Wolverine... A LOT... it's in your name and you patrol these Wolvie forums like a guardian. A love for the character doesn't justify others being ignored, and it doesn't make everything that has to do with Wolverine great.

swifty said:
I doubt a trilogy will happen since wolverine is such a universaly hated character these days, infact I really think many with boycott it or something.

I don't think that he's more hated than loved. He's still very popular... but that popularity is clearly waning as he becomes involved in every aspect of something Marvel-related. His face is becoming so commercialized on video games, comics, movies, etc that it goes against his bad ass, loner appeal. We're seeing him in big save-the-world scenarios and fighting alongside all these different teams and that's just not Wolverine. I think that you MAY be right about the majority hating him if this Wolverine movie is terrible... but he'll always have his fans. Hell, I'm a huge Wolverine fan.. I just think he's watered down and way over done these days simply because of popularity.

larryfilmmaker said:
Wolverine did not evolve. They even filmed a deleted scene where he was in a cage match at the end of X3. Evolved nothing.

Stan Lee didn't create Wolverine. Lee's X-Men icons were dead by the end of the trilogy.

Avi Arad also claimed that Fantastic Four, Daredevil, and Hulk would blow the fans away. He's a proven *******.

You like Wolverine... A LOT... it's in your name and you patrol these Wolvie forums like a guardian. A love for the character doesn't justify others being ignored, and it doesn't make everything that has to do with Wolverine great.

I didn't say Wolverine evolved in the films I said Hugh as an actor as evolved. I never said Lee created Wolverine but he did have the ultimate say on Wolverine. Why are you doubting David Benioff's story line. Though Arad claimed those would be good, and they weren't besides the Hulk, don't you think that was because the comic book movie craze was just starting then. I mean these movies, the XMENs, Spidermans, and others are now fan favorites. If you don't like Wolverine or an idea of him having multiple films you should say why. I've read the comics, I know his story, he can't fit in just one movie. And for the point of Hugh being excited about Benioff...he damn well should be. He is one of the most popular screen writers in Holywood right now. The doubts should be from what the movie surrounds not what few of the bad movies marvel has made has done wrong. No matter if you liked Xmen 1, 2, or 3 they were successful and there is a good chance Wolverine will be too.

Wolverine Trilogy...Hell no....a Trilogy on showing wolvering past would be so boring....Weapon X is good enough like screens from X2.....Wolverine on his on doesn't have any type of intriging villians to help carry him.....Spider-man,Batman, Superman has great # of rogue gallery that are interestiong than wolverine villians....

One movie is more than enough

Sabretooth, Silver Samurai, Wendigo, Lady Deathstrike, Stryker, the gov't itself...they are all villains of Wolverine and before hand.

Spiderman has intriguing villains...what? He has three and he's the main character. He has Carnage, Green Goblin, and Venom, and maybe the Lizard.....that's all. Besides that he has Doc Ock who looks like Elton John with tentacles, Rhino just sad enough there, the Vulture, the werewolf guy that sux, Mysterio has a ****ing fish bowl for a mask.

Sups has terrible villains besides Lex and Zod.

The only one with an up on him is Batman.

How could you think that one scene in X2 had enough of Weapon X project to satisfy any fans? If any it was a teaser of things to come.

And if you knew his past you would say "Man that is way too long for one movie." And I don't think anyone thought the trilogy was all his past. The final could be him searching for his past truths and figuring which ones were gov't made or not.

If any...he deserves atleast two movies.

Sabretooth, Silver Samurai, Wendigo, Lady Deathstrike, Stryker, the gov't itself...they are all villains of Wolverine and before hand.

Spiderman has intriguing villains...what? He has three and he's the main character. He has Carnage, Green Goblin, and Venom, and maybe the Lizard.....that's all. Besides that he has Doc Ock who looks like Elton John with tentacles, Rhino just sad enough there, the Vulture, the werewolf guy that sux, Mysterio has a ****ing fish bowl for a mask.

Sups has terrible villains besides Lex and Zod.

The only one with an up on him is Batman.

How could you think that one scene in X2 had enough of Weapon X project to satisfy any fans? If any it was a teaser of things to come.

And if you knew his past you would say "Man that is way too long for one movie." And I don't think anyone thought the trilogy was all his past. The final could be him searching for his past truths and figuring which ones were gov't made or not.

If any...he deserves atleast two movies.

WeaponXProject said:
If you don't like Wolverine or an idea of him having multiple films you should say why.

Because FOX doesn't give a crap about telling truly compelling stories OR being loyal to the X-Men mythology.

1) Wolverine is not 6'3".
2) Wolverine is not the central hero of the Phoenix storyline and the only one who can stop the Phoenix.
3) Wolverine, in his "berskerker rage", would kill his own teammates (especially in the early days)... he doesn't just huff, puff, and stab some soldiers in the chest.

4) Wolverine doesn't make wisecracks like a class clown making fun of the other students. he gets shots in sometimes, but not like a clown
5) William Stryker was a preacher who murdered his newborn baby and his wife in cold blood the moment he saw his son was a mutant. He was not a scientist in charge of the Weapon X program, he had nothing to do with Wolverine in any way... we're going to get more confusing garbage like this...
6) Sabretooth was not a two dimensional moron who grunted and snarled once in a while

My point is, Avi Arad and Fox don't care about staying loyal to the subject matter. They have proven that point time and time again, but the X-fans keep coming back for more asian callistos and a wolverine who isn't only taller than wolverine is in the comics... but he's actually much taller than the average height! I understand that some things need to be changed in the transition to the big screen, but they barely even stay loyal to the underlying THEMES of the X-Tales. Now we've got yet another X-Men movie with the main actor working as producer. That is absolute garbage and shouldn't even be allowed in my opinion. That doesn't mean he's working hard to make sure the movie is good, it means he wants control or he's not doing it fools. He did it on X3 and we all remember how great of a film that turned out to be...

I want a FAN who understands how to translate to make the X-Men movies... not somebody who admits to never having read them before.

WeaponXProject said:
I've read the comics, I know his story, he can't fit in just one movie.

that's because you're trying to cram every little detail and in comic land, that's impossible. You have to stay true to the THEMES and important events. There are like 30 years of Wolverine story... of course it won't fit. Know what? There are like 50 years of Cyclops stories... there are 70 years of Superman stories... of course you can make a single movie about ANY comic book character. Wolverine is not on the top of the comic book character list when it comes to compelling storytelling. I say that belongs to the icons like Superman, Batman, Spider-Man, and the X-Men TEAM.

dont disagree with u but he didnt seem like a clown with his comebacks to me...wasnt as hard as his normal comebacks but still not clown like

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"