WOW!!! I"m blown away!!!

TheBlueWolf

Civilian
Reaction score
This sucked MUCH worse than I expected!!!

WOW!!! Think of all the better things the money could have been used for...a MOON KNIGHT TV series perhaps??? Or maybe a PUNISHER TV series...ultra violent of course. Hell, any 2nd or 3rd tier character would have been cool to do...BUT we get THIS crap, and make no mistake, it was CRAP!!!

The BLADE that Snipes portrayed in the movies was not a big wuss like this one...Sticky took way too long to bring some of his foes down, Snipes would have killed them cold in 10 sec flat...and that VOICE oh man! Sticky Fingas, PLZ just don't say anything! The show might actually improve if you keep your mouth shut...just grunt or something, but don't speak...the way you voice those lines and TRY to impersonate SNIPES well, it is laughably bad!!!

Luckily this show will soon be canceled, so hopefully once that happens, the suits at Marvel will run to Snipes and BEG him to come back and do a movie under THEIR studio...

Only two options? I didn't love it, but it didn't suck. I definitely agree that they have toned Blade down, though.

I liked it, but Blade getting knocked down by a regular vampire? No way. I will be watching it every week though. My nickname pretty much says that lol.

Bluewolf you are crazy and obviously just hate Blade after Blade Trinity...it wasn't that bad...what were you expecting? Honestly...this is the best thing thats happened to episodic comicbook based tv series since Smallville...and its TV-MA...but the fact that right after it aired there were like only 5 of us on here *****ing about it...is not a good sign.

Fanticon said:
Bluewolf you are crazy and obviously just hate Blade after Blade Trinity...it wasn't that bad...what were you expecting? Honestly...this is the best thing thats happened to episodic comicbook based tv series since Smallville...and its TV-MA...but the fact that right after it aired there were like only 5 of us on here *****ing about it...is not a good sign.

The thing was it was on really late. I work lol. I didnt see the second half. I fell alseep. It was good though. Anyone want to tell me what happened in the second half?

I'm mixed on it.

I liked Kirk, and his new tech-guy (his name escapes me at the minute)...and it had a few good sequences here and there...but the completely unimaginative camerawork, etc, gave me a headache (90% of the shots were shoulder level tripod/steadicam shots...ARGH so lame)

I couldn't get into it. I don't think it sucked but it wasn't really good either, just sort of mediocre.

iceberg325 said:
The thing was it was on really late. I work lol. I didnt see the second half. I fell alseep. It was good though. Anyone want to tell me what happened in the second half?

I thought the second half is where the show really took off, basically Krista becomes a vampire, but Blade's given her his serum to keep the thirst at bay. We find out her brother was working with Blade and now she'll work with Blade to take down the House of Chthon from the inside. Blade and the tech guy don't entirely trust her though, seeing as she is a vampire now.

It was OK, but it was only a pilot, but most pilots are "meh" anyway.

I was blown away too... by the fact that it was extreamly good. The gore, the story, the cinimatography, everything was very well done.

I have some really high expectations for the rest of this series now. I'm just wondering what'll happen when Goyer stops writting... if he does.

Warhammer said:
It was OK, but it was only a pilot, but most pilots are "meh" anyway.
Agreed. My 2 favorite shows, '24' and 'The Shields' pilots didn't exactly impress me either....

I thought it was pretty good, so I'll probably be watching more.

this show sucked badly

sticky sounds awful, such a weak puny voice, with no depth or strength in his voice

i mean comon,

Snipes is on a different level,
Snipes IS BLADE!!!

in my opinion, marvel should just pay Snipes whatever money he wants, and do Blade 4 & 5.

All the Blades made big profit both at the cinemas and on dvds so whats the waiting??

true, snipes has an ego, but he was right, trinity sucked,

i would let Snipes hire his martial arts people, get a new director, a kick ass script, preferably set in Japan, Tokyo or some eastern place, and have mashes of violent blood and gore, plenty of kick ass fight scenes and some great one liners

100% snipes would do another Blade money if they gave him the money and gave him some control over script, and damn right too,

Marvel, get off your arses and bring back Blade,

I thought it was okay!!!:o

First off, Sticky Fingaz doesn't even come close to having the presence that Wesley had as Blade. His acting was mediocre at best, some lines he delivered well, and some just sounded horrible because it felt like he was imitating Wesley's portrayl of the character. Second, they made Blade sooooo weak. He got his ass kicked most of the time, by ordinary vampires...WHAT? Blade should have killed all of them in less than a minute!!! But I did love the cinematography, which looked almost like the first Blade movie and the special effects were cool for a TV show. The fight scenes need a lot of work, though, espeically Blade!!! It seemed like they were wrestling most of the time, not like the high-octave martial arts moves in the films. But I also like the villian of the show so far, his interesting and seems to have a nice backstory. All and all, the show has a lot of work to do to stand out on it's own. It will be interesting to see where it goes.:up:

I personally though Sticky did a fine job as Blade. The problem most of you have is that you can't get past Snipes as the man. Sure, yes, he was fantastic and really redefined the characater but, that shouldn't be reason enough to dislike Jone's work. Just imagine how he must have felt to step into those shoes after Wes did such a fantastic Job.

As for payin' the money that Snipes wants, I highly doubt it's about that. It's about the fact that the 3rd movie sucked bad. It's about the fact that Wes wasn't even consulted for the choice in director when he helped build the franchise. He didn't want Goyer there. Frankley, neither did I. Sure, he can write great but, directing (after seein' B3) he should leave to other people.

i liked it, i too was pissed when i heard him speak and Snipes voice didnt come out.

But Krista's Hottness made up for it

:up: this beats buffy any day of the week

I liked the show except blade was getting his ass kicked by everyone, and today i was watchind balde trinty , blade was whopping ass easily. The actress that plays krista starr is pretty hot. Shen's not that bad and Van Sciver is a decent villian.

ghost113 said:
I liked the show except blade was getting his ass kicked by everyone, and today i was watchind balde trinty , blade was whopping ass easily. The actress that plays krista starr is pretty hot. Shen's not that bad and Van Sciver is a decent villian.

I noticed Blades lack of domination during fights as well but pushed it out of my mind realizing that the budget doesn't allow for multiple vampires being killed every 5 seconds. Therefor, they made the fights last a little longer.

I liked the Starr lady as well. What I liked most was that she was a pretty normal lookin' lady. Not a barbie doll or anything. I totally believed she was in the army before too. She's pretty damn good, me thinks.

the only scene I didn't like was the one where she was going to snipe marcus if she really wnated to she would have just did it without talking to him.

FlameHead said:
I noticed Blades lack of domination during fights as well but pushed it out of my mind realizing that the budget doesn't allow for multiple vampires being killed every 5 seconds. Therefor, they made the fights last a little longer.
I liked the Starr lady as well. What I liked most was that she was a pretty normal lookin' lady. Not a barbie doll or anything. I totally believed she was in the army before too. She's pretty damn good, me thinks.

thats what i thought of too, more deaths = more actors
more actors = more money

Goyer should stick to writing and leave directing up to somone else...thats why Trinity failed to be the best of the 3...he's making up for it with this series and lets hope he gets to explore things that couldn't be done in a 2hr movie...Snipes need not apply.

Goyer should stick to writing and leave directing up to somone else...thats why Trinity failed to be the best of the 3...he's making up for it with this series and lets hope he gets to explore things that couldn't be done in a 2hr movie...Snipes need not apply.

Assassin said:
thats what i thought of too, more deaths = more actors
more actors = more money

Let alone the fact that the ashing, blood, gore and all other special effects cost a hell of a lot of money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"