WOW!!! I"m blown away!!!

well, it wasnt too bad, not as good as I wanted it to be but it's still "good"

Never liked the movies, and don't like the show. I guess it's unfair that I voted, but it's an open poll and that's what happens... Just like the ****s who give SR a 1/10 in the polls in the SR forum. What film is a 1/10? Even Gigli is a 2!

I thought it. was very good. I thought Kirk "Sticky" Jones did a good job of portraying Blade. I didn't expect it to be as gory as it was since it's on national television and whoever the actress is who plays "Krista" is sexy as hell! I thought the storyline was pretty good and I also didn't expect last night's episode to last over an hour.
If I had to give it rating , I would give out 3 out of 5 stars.

I have mixed feelings about the pilot. I ended up watching the full two hours. It didn't suck but wasn't great either. I do hope it gets better. Kinda hard for me to accept sticky fingaz as Blade. I grew up listening to his rap group Onyx and I just remember Sticky from being a goof ball in his other movie rolls (ie, "Next Friday")

I liked it, I'll be tuned in every week. Not exactly of the class of the movies, but for a TV SHOW pilot,it doesn't bother me, with more chances and more money, this show will shape up to be freakin sweet. Did anyone else think it seemed to go back to the feel of the first movie?

I did, the first 2 movies anyway. I think they captured the tone of the movie world very well and the the cinematography was brilliant!

C-$ said:
I thought it. was very good. I thought Kirk "Sticky" Jones did a good job of portraying Blade. I didn't expect it to be as gory as it was since it's on national television and whoever the actress is who plays "Krista" is sexy as hell! I thought the storyline was pretty good and I also didn't expect last night's episode to last over an hour.
If I had to give it rating , I would give out 3 out of 5 stars.

I too was blown away by the gore. Never expected that in a million years and there was some really inventive stuff in the fights... like the axe accidently being driven into one badies leg. That was awesome.

The only problem I had was that the fight scenes were so choppy. The ashings looked just as good as the movies and I too was surprised to see all the blood/gore that was on the show(especially since it was on a network like Spike T.V.). Hopefully the fight scenes will get better with time. I'll definately be watching.

My favorite scene is at the beginning when Blade is in Moscow and slices that vampire's throat.

Yea, the opening was definitely the goriest part of it, i hope they keep it like that.

This steaming pile will be lucky if it is run 3 or 4 times. I turned it off afte the first couple of commercial breaks.

The choreography of the fight scenes looked like a pre-schooler directed them. Go back and watch the fight scenes in Blade 1 & 2 and then watch this piece - o - crapola.

I was laughing my ass off. Sticky Fingaz .... give me a break .... Rap is for $#@%s

I can honestly say it was not nearly as bad as Blade Trinity .... But that was freakin awful.

TheBlueWolf said:
This sucked MUCH worse than I expected!!!

WOW!!! Think of all the better things the money could have been used for...a MOON KNIGHT TV series perhaps??? Or maybe a PUNISHER TV series...ultra violent of course. Hell, any 2nd or 3rd tier character would have been cool to do...BUT we get THIS crap, and make no mistake, it was CRAP!!!

The BLADE that Snipes portrayed in the movies was not a big wuss like this one...Sticky took way too long to bring some of his foes down, Snipes would have killed them cold in 10 sec flat...and that VOICE oh man! Sticky Fingas, PLZ just don't say anything! The show might actually improve if you keep your mouth shut...just grunt or something, but don't speak...the way you voice those lines and TRY to impersonate SNIPES well, it is laughably bad!!!

Luckily this show will soon be canceled, so hopefully once that happens, the suits at Marvel will run to Snipes and BEG him to come back and do a movie under THEIR studio...

wow talk about bytching!:rolleyes: What do you expect from a damn pilot? a 20million dollar fx heavy first episode??

this 2 hour pilot was waaaay better than the Blade Trinity crap movie.

I hope they don't cancel this show, its better than most of the shows that're on tv right now, plus its a Marvel tv show, how can any comic fan want it canned??

Hi, I am new to this site. I really didn't know it existed until today. I have been a comic book fan for years, but seeing as how other girls and now any women never talk about things like this, I pretty much keep my secret love to myself. As much as I love going out with firends to clubs and museums, my heart never steers away from comicbooks, comic movies, and cartoons. This is sort of my feeding the inner child in me.

Anyway, I loved the pilot for the new Blade. Sure its not going to equal up to the movie's action, but it does look promising as far as storytelling goes. I think I am going to stick around too.

Am I the only woman here?

I don't know about you guys, but the story to me is the most important part of the show. The fighting comes second. I will say this though, that the only problem I have with the series so far is that they have seemed to taken blades fear factor away. Nobody fears him on the show. Maybe that will change in the up and coming weeks, but so far I am dissapointed in that department. But the story is good enough that I'll be sticking around. I love all the references to the movies as well.

I seen apart of it at the end when he was fighting and trying to get the girl...the fighting and the effects are kinda bad...but good enough for TV...and Sticky fingaz don't have the Karate moves that Snipes has and the fighting it Kinda bad...I think It the series won't last long though..

It wasn't great, but it didn't suck, blade was alittle less tough, but other than that it was good

It was worse than watching my neighbor's vacation videos. :down

insaw the tv movie i liked it but one question is cthon suuposed to be pronounced sfon?"how it sounded
as for blade getting beat up too much doesn't this series take place BEFORE the events in the movie trilogy?

:confused: After watching the first half of the Blade TV Series, I was quite disappointed and confused.

First off, the show says that it takes place AFTER the movies, but it comes across more as BLADE BEGINS than continues (which I believe would have been a WAY better place to start for TV). And Sticky, sexy as he may be in the role, does not in ANY WAY potray a hunter. He looks like he's playing dress-up. Like his costume is a new form of Urban Gear. Then there's his voice (forgiveable) and fighting, COMPLETELY UNFORGIVEABLE. Blade is known most for his ability to kick *ss and for a low-level vampire to beat him down and him NOT recover immediately... it's unrealistic.

Despite Blade, the character himself, being a disappointment, all of the other characters are VERY intriguing. Especially his female counter-part and the villain. They are pitch-perfect.

And the writing is PHENOMENAL!!! By the second half I found myself engrossed in the episode and after it was revealed that the female will STAY a vampire, but also be Blade's double-agent...I was BLOWN!!!:eek:

I have very high hopes for this series, the writing is great, the effects are perfect, the shaky camera even works for this series, and the actors (minus Blade himself) are super, and if Sticky can let go of his ego and get back in their and work hard at his choreography and presence, I think this show will be great.:up:

the show was pretty bad. Hopefully episode 2 will be much better.

Long gone are the days when we got this...:(

wesley_snipes2s.jpg

I didn't get to watch the show, but I just wanted to say that to the people saying they should just make more Blade movies with Snipes, look how Blade 3 turned out. :p

Balthus Dire said:
I didn't get to watch the show, but I just wanted to say that to the people saying they should just make more Blade movies with Snipes, look how Blade 3 turned out. :p

I guess you don't know the history of Blade Trinity? Snipes was totally against the movie didn't like the constant changes to the original script along with the comedy element that was in fused by Goyer and Reynolds. It's not what he signed off for. He didn't think Goyer was the right man to direct either but New Line and the other producers thought otherwise.

Heres another article with more detail about the lawsuit.

http://www.comics2film.com/FanFrame.php?f_id=12815

Snipes suing NL over 'Trinity'

By Jesse Hiestand
Wesley Snipes is suing New Line Cinema and other producers of "Blade: Trinity" for allegedly failing to pay him his full salary and using him to promote a potential spinoff franchise involving some of the film's other actors.

Snipes' suit, filed Monday in U.S. District Court in Los Angeles, seeks $5 million in damages for the salary dispute and unspecified damages for the other claims.

New Line representatives declined comment, citing the ongoing litigation. Other defendants include Avery Pix and "Trinity" director David Goyer.

Snipes' attorney, Marc Greenberg, said the defendants have failed to pay the final $3 million of Snipes' $13 million salary for "Trinity," the third installment in the series that featured him as the lead character, Blade.

The suit also accuses the defendants of trying to capitalize on Snipes' appearance in the film to promote a potential new franchise.

"The true purpose for creating 'Blade III,' " the suit claims, "was to set the stage for a planned spinoff series of movies featuring other cast member Ryan Reynolds, who plays Hannibal King in 'Blade III,' in a new series of movies about the Nightstalkers, the vampire hunters played by Reynolds, Jessica Biel and Natasha Lyonne."

Said Greenberg, "We want to make sure that the public ... understands that Mr. Snipes made his effort to keep the trilogy on track and that those efforts were not successful due to decisions made by the director and other producers."

Snipes also claims that he was denied several contractually entitled rights of approval and consultation on key elements of the film, including director and screenplay.

"The screenplay for 'Blade III' represented a significant departure from the story line of 'Blade' and 'Blade II,' resulting in reduced screen presence for plaintiff Snipes and the Blade character," the lawsuit claims. "The purpose of this reduced screen presence for plaintiff Snipes in 'Blade III' was to allow the introduction and promotion of two new characters as 'sidekicks' to the Blade character and to position those minor characters to be 'spun off' into successive motion pictures without the Blade character."

"Blade: Trinity" cost about $65 million to produce and has grossed about $125 million worldwide since its release in December.

Interesting. I heard he was suing but I only heard it was because he wasn't paid in full.

He definately took the back seat in Trinity. It was like a comedy starring Ryan Reynolds rather than a Blade film. Ah well.

So, I didn't catch the pilot but I did watch the episode that aired tonight. The villain was the best part of the show and the only one who was believable in his role, DESPITE having to utter some of the crappiest dialogue I've ever heard. Jones is an ill fit for the title role and made me laugh every time he showed up on screen. The writing and camera work seem to be the weakest part of this thing overall, though. Maybe it will improve, but my hopes aren't very high for it based on what I saw tonight. Every time people talk about how great Goyer is as a writer, I suggest to them that they watch the Hasselhoff Nick Fury movie and re-evaluate. When he's got someone to reign him in like Nolan, he can do great work. When he's on his own and unchecked, which seems to be the case with this series, he starts wallowing in crappiness. Blade 3 is proof enough of that. At any rate, I hope it gets better, because if it doesn't it's going to tank.

jag

everyone, u have to take consideration that it's a tv show. what else would u expect from a Blade tv show. we were pretty much spoiled by the Blade movies in terms of fight scenes, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"