Wreck-It Ralph 2

I saw it yesterday. It was a good movie but it did not live up to the original and with the 2+ hour runtime it definitely felt padded in places and some extra unncessary twists put in for the sake of it.

I really thought Shank and the Princesses were the highlight.

^ Technically the movie was just under 2 hours, but yeah, it was definitely too long.

Seems like a lot of the recent Disney and other animated features coming from other studios have been getting unncessarily long. Honestly makes me wonder whether all these studios are actually making their movies for kids, who have notoriously short attention spans. Wasn't that long ago when animated movies used to be between 80 and 100 minutes, but now almost every animated movie is pushing it closer to 120 minutes.

It was way less than 2 hours.

Clocks in at 1h 56m - the credits were 13 minutes. So, 1 hr 43 m. (I don't count animated/blockbuster credit length since these years they're unfathomably long)

Keep in mind when movies were 80 to 100 minutes - the credits were a lot shorter (for example Aladdin, B&B, Lion King - close to 4 min). Films, for whatever reason, often have two credits sequences now sometimes. JP = 6 minutes, T2 = 4 minutes. The manner in which the credits roll out is just very different.

Personally liked it and thought it was better than the first, but I'd say my favorite animated film of the year was Smallfoot.

Last edited:
My issue with the movie was everything before it.

a few commercials
Trailer for some snow race cartoon
Trailer for Toy Story
Trailer for Dumbo
Trailer #2 for Toy Story (how many of these do we need)
Some dumb "thank you" from the producers or something of Wreck it Ralf.

Movie time was at 2:40, we arrived at 2:30 movie did not actually begin until after 3

About 1/2 way through the movie my daughter was becoming very distracted.

I haven’t seen the first one yet!

Man, this sequel is divisive!!! Personally, thought it was fine. As good as the first movie? No, but I liked it.

^ Technically the movie was just under 2 hours, but yeah, it was definitely too long.

Seems like a lot of the recent Disney and other animated features coming from other studios have been getting unncessarily long. Honestly makes me wonder whether all these studios are actually making their movies for kids, who have notoriously short attention spans. Wasn't that long ago when animated movies used to be between 80 and 100 minutes, but now almost every animated movie is pushing it closer to 120 minutes.

It was way less than 2 hours.

Clocks in at 1h 56m - the credits were 13 minutes. So, 1 hr 43 m. (I don't count animated/blockbuster credit length since these years they're unfathomably long)

Keep in mind when movies were 80 to 100 minutes - the credits were a lot shorter (for example Aladdin, B&B, Lion King - close to 4 min). Films, for whatever reason, often have two credits sequences now sometimes. JP = 6 minutes, T2 = 4 minutes. The manner in which the credits roll out is just very different.

Personally liked it and thought it was better than the first, but I'd say my favorite animated film of the year was Smallfoot.

a few commercials
Trailer for Toy Story
Trailer for Dumbo

Movie time was at 2:40, we arrived at 2:30 movie did not actually begin until after 3

Okay, the actual movie itself was less than 2 hours but as the above quotes point out it is nearer 3 hours long if you come in before the movie starts and then finish and see whatever post credits scene there is. Despite that, even at 1 hour and 43 minutes they padded it out with excess material that could have been cut and not made a difference to the story.

a few commercials
Trailer for Toy Story
Trailer for Dumbo

Yea my 4 year old starting squriming around at about the hour in mark do to all the trailers and in house commercials and thank you message plus an hour of not so inresting story. Ironically he sat still through everything including trailers and in house stuff for grinch and smallfoot and loved all of it. I think honestly disney and pixar both need to realize these younger kids check out if its not clicking for them. Sure you can get by on nostaglia for the older crowd and longer running time but for toddlers etc oh boy can it get ugly

I liked it. I liked how the princesses were utilized. I liked the mid credits scene, a *scene from the trailer* that I was waiting for and it was just a fun movie. The internet world looks great. I liked this a lot more than Moana.

Best friends Wreck-It Ralph and Vanellope von Schweetz head to the internet for one thing they really need,but you know how the search for one thing leads to another when your surfing the web.

PRAISE: Great and enthusiastic voice work by the entire cast :John C. Reilly,Sarah Silverman,Gal Gadot,Jane Lynch,Jack McBrayer,Alan Tudyk,Alfred Molina,Ed O'Neill and Taraji P. Henson.
The film definitely has charm and then some.
With nods to everything from Instagram to Star Wars.
The producers and animators really did their homework on the mannerisms and personalities of familiar and well known characters even including the theme music from various franchises.
The film is also very relevant touching on cyber bullying and finding your place in a world that can be overwhelming at times.
There is a great stand out moment that i really enjoyed which involves a song from Vanellope and a nod to an extremely popular video game.

PROBLEMS: For a movie with such a simple plot i felt the film was a bit drawn out and stalls here and there.The commercialization is a bit overdone.

A very enjoyable ride RBTI is far better than The Emoji movie that handled everything in an obnoxious and uncharming way.

Scale of 1-10 an 8½

I thought this was just fine. The Disney princess bits were the funniest.

Saw this yesterday. Great visuals but the story got derailed halfway through from 'Ralph and Vanellope have to save Sugar Rush' to 'Vanellope decides she wants to stay in Slaughter Race' and never recovered. Vanellope seemed to go very quickly from needing to save her game to not caring at all about it any more. It got very weird towards the end.

I thought Vanellope was the ruler of Sugar Rush, how could she just ditch the game and nobody notices or cares that nobody's running the kingdom any more?

And why didn't we see any of Felix and Muldoon with the Sugar Rush kids?

I wish they had waited to do a sequel until they had a more solid story that involved more characters from the first movie. This seemed to be nothing more than an excuse to do a bunch of internet jokes.

Saw this yesterday. Great visuals but the story got derailed halfway through from 'Ralph and Vanellope have to save Sugar Rush' to 'Vanellope decides she wants to stay in Slaughter Race' and never recovered. Vanellope seemed to go very quickly from needing to save her game to not caring at all about it any more. It got very weird towards the end.

I thought Vanellope was the ruler of Sugar Rush, how could she just ditch the game and nobody notices or cares that nobody's running the kingdom any more?

And why didn't we see any of Felix and Muldoon with the Sugar Rush kids?

I wish they had waited to do a sequel until they had a more solid story that involved more characters from the first movie. This seemed to be nothing more than an excuse to do a bunch of internet jokes.
I think the subplot with Felix will be a short film on the Blu-Ray. Both Incredibles movies did something similar. Plus, given how highly Felix and Calhoun (btw, you got her name wrong in your post)'s actors were billed in the cast list, I have a feeling they recorded more stuff than we saw so it'd make sense.

I am gonna start calling her Muldoon.

I think the subplot with Felix will be a short film on the Blu-Ray. Both Incredibles movies did something similar. Plus, given how highly Felix and Calhoun (btw, you got her name wrong in your post)'s actors were billed in the cast list, I have a feeling they recorded more stuff than we saw so it'd make sense.

Oh, whoops, I sure did!! Thanks for the info!!!

That'd be cool if they made a short film out of the Felix and Calhoun stuff but I still think it should have been in the movie.

Oh, whoops, I sure did!! Thanks for the info!!!

That'd be cool if they made a short film out of the Felix and Calhoun stuff but I still think it should have been in the movie.
Probably cut for time.

Interesting article, thanks!!

I think they should have included the Felix and Calhoun stuff and worked more on the Ralph and Vanellope storyline, because it needed it.

Ralph goes to all that trouble to make the money to get the steering wheel and then Vanellope just decides that eh, forget Sugar Rush, she's bored there so she's going to skip off to Slaughter Race. Presumably she doesn't care what happens to the citizens of SR, she sure doesn't act like she does since she ditches the game without a second thought.

Ralph should have reacted to the fact that he just wasted a lot of time and effort and the fact that Vanellope is walking away from her role as the ruler of SR just because she's bored with it. What a selfish thing to do.

Last edited:
One of my favorite movies of 2018, i really loved the original and this sequel is very well written and emotional as i cried near the climax.

And who else thought the virus creatures even the merged one reminded anyone of Critters 2 and the Critterball from that movie?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"