BvS Write-A-Scene for the Superman/Batman movie

Okay, here's how the film in my head would start...

[FONT=Courier New, monospace]FADE IN:[/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New, monospace]EXT-DOWNTOWN METROPOLIS-DAY[/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New, monospace]It's been somewhere between six months to a year since the end of the first film, and perhaps a little longer than that since the great battle against Zod- it depends on how long it was between the fight against Zod and Clark getting his job at the newspaper. But, unlike the barren hellscape that much of it was left as after the Kryptonian invasion, we see a helicopter shot of the part of the city being reborn: Skyscrapers are being built...[/FONT]

[FONT=Courier New, monospace]We then cut to seeing some of those buildings being built: supports being laid for new buildings, windows being placed on buildings that had only been superficially damaged... and as we see this montage- think of one of those “get our people back to work” montages that politicians of both parties do- we hear a voice, a powerful voice with much purpose in it... the voice of LEX LUTHOR! [/FONT]

[FONT=Courier New, monospace]LEX LUTHOR (v.o.)[/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New, monospace]In Greek, Metropolis means “Mother City”. And, for us, Metropolis is our Mother City. For many of us, we are born to it, for some of us, it is our adopted mother. But, no matter how we came to call this city our mother, it is ours. Which is why, when the aliens attacked, when our buildings fells and our fellow citizens were lost, it felt like we-[/FONT]

[FONT=Courier New, monospace]Cut to an audience, standing, listening to Luthor. We pan over some of the reporters tapping at their keyboards (tweeting and writing), most notably LOIS LANE but also a small you-wouldn't-know-it-unless-you-looked-in-the-credits appearance by more minor reporter characters like the Daily Star's TOBY RAYNES, the Gotham Gazette's VICKI VALE and ED RAYMOND of the New York News Express. We also cut to Police Officers, like MAGGIE SAWYER and DAN TURPIN, standing watch while also paying tribute to the dead, and also ordinary citizens... watching and listening....[/FONT]

[FONT=Courier New, monospace]LEX (v.o. continued)[/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New, monospace]-had seen our own mother attacked. Our shining star, our Metropolis, our mother, with it's heart ripped out. Lesser cities... lesser people... would have given up to despair, but this is Metropolis. We will lift back up our mother city-[/FONT]

[FONT=Courier New, monospace]CUT TO Lex Luthor himself speaking. He looks every bit the businessman-style of Lex, and his head is bald as a cue-ball. He stands at a podium upon a stage, with a red ribbon behind him and dignitaries like the Mayor and such behind. As he speaks, his hands speak too- emphasizing every piece of rhetoric he says. It's a technique used by great speakers of every stripe and ideology throughout history, and Lex is a master of it. [/FONT]

[FONT=Courier New, monospace]LEX (continued)[/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New, monospace]-we will build the finest example of what humanity can accomplish, while reaching for the sky! And, LexCorp will aid you, the people of Metropolis, in seeing that our city is reborn, as a city that lives up to its past and define its future! [/FONT]

[FONT=Courier New, monospace]The crowd applauds while Lex soaks it in. Cut briefly to the Daily Planet office, where CLARK KENT is watching the speech on TV while working on a story. Back with Luthor, he motions for them to stop, and he resumes speaking...[/FONT]

[FONT=Courier New, monospace]LEX[/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New, monospace]Thank you, but, of course, LexCorp is but one corporate citizen in the Metropolis family, and this would not be possible without...[/FONT]

[FONT=Courier New, monospace]BAM! The sound of a gunshot! A few bullets comes screaming at the stage, and although all of them miss Luthor, chaos breaks out. Luthor quickly points to where he thinks the shots came from before a bodyguard knocks him to the ground. [/FONT]

[FONT=Courier New, monospace]CUT TO Lois looking upwards, seeing a figure moving away, carrying some sort of weapon while the Metropolis Police begin to fire shots at the figure. But while everyone else runs away... she runs towards it...[/FONT]

[FONT=Courier New, monospace]CUT TO the assassin running through the building he had used as his sniper's perch. He weaves his way down various stairs and then out of the door, where he's met by a SECURITY GUARD.[/FONT]

[FONT=Courier New, monospace]SECURITY GUARD[/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New, monospace]STOP![/FONT]

[FONT=Courier New, monospace]The assassin (who we later find out is named JOHN CORBEN) pulls out a pistol and shoots the guard and then runs towards a car nearby, soon speeding off. [/FONT]

[FONT=Courier New, monospace]We cut quickly to the Daily Planet, where STEVE LOMBARD is coming to Clark Kent's desk[/FONT]

[FONT=Courier New, monospace]LOMBARD[/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New, monospace]Hey, Kent, I got extra tickets for the Meteors game to-[/FONT]

[FONT=Courier New, monospace]Lombard notices that Kent isn't there.[/FONT]

[FONT=Courier New, monospace]LOMBARD[/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New, monospace]-night?[/FONT]

I cut away before the action sequence where Superman chases Corben and it ends with Corben getting into a horrific car crash rather than be captured by Superman. Why? Partly because of time, and partly because action sequences are a ***** to write. But needless to say, I'm sure it'd be a fun way to open the movie as Superman tried to stop Corben while also trying to contain the chaos he would be causing as a way to slow Superman down.

(Oh, and I took some lines of Lex's speech from the excellent miniseries Lex Luthor: Man of Steel, although the context is changed a bit.)

How does Batman figure out/develop red radiation in the comic book? Is this also their first encounter?

Well, UV lamps exist yes? One could modify them to give off a different wavelength and subsequently a different color. Also they could be further modified to be more durable so they could survive against strong opponents.

Yes this is the first encounter, and the comic implied he had about 2 years of prep time.

I tried an attempt at Superman/Batman's first confrontation. I also tried coming up with a way that Superman could be weakened.

INT - LARGE WAREHOUSE - NIGHT

Lex continues running for his life down one of the many aisles of a warehouse. All is silent until SMASH! Superman breaks in through the ceiling sending Lex flying of his feet. He crashes down into the ground and stops in a crouching position. He stands and walks toward a downed Luthor.

SUPERMAN
You're done Luthor. What are you and Wayne really doing here?

Lex doesn't speak. Instead he just has smug grin on his face. Superman moves toward him in superspeed pinning him to the ground.

SUPERMAN
WHAT?

Clang! Something hits Superman in the face and sends him off focus. He lets out a little noise and holds his face. Whatever it was it hurt a little. He looks to his left and sees an object. He looks at Luthor who isn't going anywhere and walks toward the object. He picks it up, a Batarang.

He looks toward where he thinks was the source. He sees something in the shadows, two pointy-looking ears are the only distinction.

Suddenly, all the lights shut off. The warehouse is plunged into darkness. Superman is a little disorientated at first but as he comes to his sense he uses X-Ray vision on the area. Nothing. As he switches back to normal vision the lights are back on but Luthor is all ready far away.

A noise is heard at the back of the warehouse. It sounds like a grapple gun. Superman uses his X-Ray vision again but the many aisles and objects in the warehouse don't allow for a solid fix on anything. Superman rises up and floats just above all the aisles and tries again. Still nothing appearing.

Another Batarang hits him again. But he is still in the dark about where it came from. He hears the sound of the grapnel gun again coming from directly behind him. He immediately turns and flies in that direction, landing on a pillar. But again, nothing. He's being played with. He then begins to listen out for noises, a heartbeat immediately comes into focus. It's very close. He looks up. A face. THE BATMAN. We just see his cowl at first. But then his cape expands. The wing span is huge.

He plants somethings into the wall. The lights go off again and we hear the noise of Batman gliding away. The lights come back on straight away. Superman inspects the wall. Another Batarang. It explodes with gas that sends Superman of balance but he gains control and simply floats. He inhales and begins to look dizzy and weak before hurtling to the floor. He tries getting up but groans in pain.

SUPERMAN'S POV: His vision unfocused and is breathing heavy. He looks across the aisle and at the far end we can just about make blurred image of an almost demonic looking Batman.

He pushes himself up from the ground and hovers with all the strength he can muster. He then flies toward Batman still fast but much slower than his usual speed. He crashes into him which sends them both into the next room.

INT - EMPTY ROOM - CONT.

A big empty room almost like an arena. They both roll around in pain. They went through at some force. Bruce stands a fair distance away. Superman is still down but he manages to get to his feet.

SUPERMAN
I've... I've felt these effects before... Zod's ship.

Batman uses his grapple on Superman's chest and zips toward him. He lands two heavy blows on Superman on impact. He tries a third but Superman blocks it. He lands a punch on Batman's chest which sends him flying across the room. He quickly flies toward him and pins him down.

SUPERMAN
WHAT ARE YOU? WHO ARE YOU?

With all of his strength Batman pulls him across and stands. As does Superman who is constantly in and out of focus. They engage in hand to hand combat. Batman's punches land and disorientate Superman, whilst Batman is clearly trained in high level combat and is blocking well. Superman gets a punch on Batman which clearly causes great pain. Superman takes this chance to get another hit in which again sends Batman across the room. He flies across and grabs Batman's neck in the air and holds him high. Simply staring at him.

Batman is grasping for air but Superman lowers him down to floor. But he lands one more kick on Batman which sends him down and in pain.

SUPERMAN
What did you to me?

So yeah Superman "wins" in mine. My idea is that Luthor visits the destroyed World Engine and somehow weaponized the residue of the Kryptonian atmosphere that was left there. But Bruce figures out what he is doing and wants to test the effects himself. Lex has no idea whats going on when Clark gets hit and sees the opportunity to save his own skin.

I thought this was a more logical way than Kryptonite suddenly entering the picture. And I still think even a weakened Superman would beat Batman.

I personally loved writing this one.. My story continued..

Continued....

--EARLY THURSDAY MORNING--
METROPOLIS

--We hear the sounds of heavy machinery slamming against the concrete as labor-workers yield to the shriek of reversing bulldozers working tirelessly to meet quota on the first ever open-to-the-public memorial for all of those who lost their loved ones on that fateful day.

--LEXCORP logos dominate forklifts lifting heavy pieces of iron that is going to construct the tribute to all the innocent lives who unfairly perished.

--We see a worker in a blue hard-hat (preferably, a manager) walking towards the camera, only to make a hard right to change a sign that states "354 days without incident" to "355 days without incident."

--The goal is to have the memorial done on the one year anniversary of the latest tragedy of what the city has officially named..

.. "DOOMSDAY."

--As the work-site continues in the scorching heat, the camera pans in closer to the building in the background as the worksite becomes more and more out of focus. The camera zooms further as we see big red, white and blue letters dominate the frame: LEXCORP.

--Camera quickly moves inside LEXCORP towers and into the lunchroom where we see closeups of LEXCORP employees pouring coffee and effortlessly weaving in and around their co-workers, not making eye contact as one is coming in and the other is coming out in a fast paced environment.

--CLOSEUP of a ringing office-phone where it is quickly picked up by the hands of LEX LUTHOR, FOUNDER and CEO of LEXCORP since 1986.

LEX LUTHOR
Mr.Luthor speaking. (PAUSE) 5 minutes. Send them in, Ms. Lang.

--LEX hangs up the phone as a group of 7 councilman are greeted, frisked and bio-metrically scanned at the door by LEXCORP security, all wearing dark tinted sunglasses with sharp, navy blue suites.

LEXCORP SECURITY #1
You are free to enter, gentleman.

--Big sliding reflective glass doors open up to reveal another set of reflective glass doors. Inside, Lex is watching his guests on a prompter on his desk as he punch's in a password on a keypad located on his wrist-watch.

The glass doors from outside finally open as we see Lex Luthor sitting in his office chair, facing away from the entrance and looking outside at the construction of a rebuilding city.

COUNCILMAN #2
Jeez Lex, enough security measures?

LEX LUTHOR
You can never be so sure. And it's MISTER LUTHOR to you. What brings you in my office?

COUNCILMAN #1
Well, sir....Mr. Luthor.... city officials are sweating that Metropolis's memorial site won't be finished in the next 10 days of promise and the IRS is already threatening to..

LEX LUTHOR
(Standing up from his chair, facing away from the audience)
You tell your boss to never intervene in my business property funds ever again or else I will have them removed of their duty so fast their children will be begging to eat out of my filthy dumpsters to have the chance of survival..

-COUNCILMAN #2 gulps as LEX'S cell-phone buzz's in his pocket--

LEX LUTHOR
..understood? Now if you excuse me, your existence has caused me to miss an important business call. My security guards will be happy to show you the door.

--Blinded by Lex's power and intimidating authority, the councilmen exit as Lex is shown glancing at his missed call. A red "X" glows next to the name "NAPIER" as Lex quietly exits the building.

--Camera cuts to a side-entrance of the building as Lex is seen exiting and entering a slick ONE WAY alleyway. A yellow taxi-cab with a "Daily Planet" bumper sticker drives by as Lex dials his cell.

LEX LUTHOR:
Jack, sorry I missed your call. Bulls$%& business meeting..

JACK NAPIER:
Lex? I thought you were dead..

LEX LUTHOR
Yes, yes, long-time no talk. I need a hit done for me as soon as possible.

JACK NAPIER
A hit? I thought you were finished in this business. I've had you off the books for years. I'm swamped as it....

LEX LUTHOR
I figured you would be booked but how about making room for an old friend?

JACK NAPIER
(PAUSE)
You're a royal pain in my ash. Always was. Okay, Lex, but just this one time. Location, Whereabouts....

LEX LUTHOR
Smallville, Kansas. A little farm-yard 50 miles south of downtown..

JACK NAPIER
A farm? Who the hell did you BANG?

LEX LUTHOR
No games, Jack. But one request if I may..

JACK NAPIER
..and what would that be?

LEX LUTHOR
A warning operation. No DO-JOB. I will have a package arrival to one of your goons that contains a note I want you to leave at the scene. Contact me when the deed is complete.

JACK NAPIER
Sure, Lex. Anything for an old friend. Name?

LEX LUTHOR
Martha Kent

To Be Continued..

Last edited:
This isn't really a scene so much as it's a line/speech:

BATMAN
How'd I figure it out? Well, one: Your first fight with Zod's forces was in Smallville, Kansas- hardly the place where such an event would occur unless you had some sort of connection to the area. Two: You took a job at the Daily Planet not long after the Battle of Metropolis, and not coincidentally that is where Lois Lane works. And three... seriously? You think glasses are going to do it? Try wearing baggier clothes or walk around with pebbles in one of your shoes or something, maybe get some colored contacts... but, really, it doesn't take a detective to figure things out- work on your disguise.

This isn't really a scene so much as it's a line/speech:

BATMAN
How'd I figure it out? Well, one: Your first fight with Zod's forces was in Smallville, Kansas- hardly the place where such an event would occur unless you had some sort of connection to the area. Two: You took a job at the Daily Planet not long after the Battle of Metropolis, and not coincidentally that is where Lois Lane works. And three... seriously? You think glasses are going to do it? Try wearing baggier clothes or walk around with pebbles in one of your shoes or something, maybe get some colored contacts... but, really, it doesn't take a detective to figure things out- work on your disguise.

I think it would be a nice touch to have Lois suggest the identity crisis and offer to help Clark come up with a better identity since she's a stylized woman that knows fashion. JMHO.

superman_vs__batman_by_kinjamin-d6g0ty1.jpg

not my idea... but sound pretty awesome!!

INT. CAFE. DAY.

Superman sits alone at a table on a bright Metropolis day, sipping a cup of coffee. He is waiting for someone. Who?

A classic-American-diner-type waiter, DOROTHY, walks over to him.

DOROTHY
Want a refill, Supes?

SUPERMAN
No thank you. I should probably get going, anyway.

DOROTHY
Alright.

Superman puts his head in his hands. A whoosh of air. He raises his head to see Batman sitting in front of him.

BATMAN
Clark.

SUPERMAN
Bruce.

Dorothy hears this exchange and raises her head, suspicious.

BATMAN
I have to say, that was a pretty awesome movie.

SUPERMAN
It sure was.

VOICE (O.S.)
Oh, please.

Batman and Superman turn to see another hero approaching them... IRON MAN.

BATMAN
(muttering
Great.

SUPERMAN
What do you want, Stark?

IRON MAN
I just came to say I thought your movie was okay. But, not every movie can be, y'know, great...

SUPERMAN
What are you implying?

IRON MAN
Well, your movie is rotten on Rotten Tomatoes.

BATMAN
That site doesn't matter.

IRON MAN
You weren't saying that in 2008.

BATMAN
Hey, we tied!

SUPERMAN
And what would be your definition of great?

IRON MAN
Avengers. Duh.

BATMAN
Oh, yeah. Because Age of Ultron was such the fan-pleaser. The guy playing Hank Pym was so grea- oh, yeah.

IRON MAN
It's an adaptation! At least we didn't shoehorn in Talia al Ghul for five minutes and make Bane a pushover junkie from the middle east.

BATMAN
At least my arch-enemy didn't turn out to be a drunken British actor.

Iron Man remains silent.

IRON MAN
Oh, hey, look, my movie made another billion dollars! Sorry, losers.

Iron Man laughs and takes flight, exiting.

SUPERMAN
I guess I should leave the arguments to you next time, Bruce.

BATMAN
Batman always wins.

SUPERMAN
Why are you referring to yourself in the third person?

Batman takes a sip of his coffee.

BATMAN
Because I'm Batman.

:woot:

Last edited:
Here's my first:

SCENE-Night-Construction sight of a massive new tower-we see a sign that says "New LexCorp Towers-Coming Soon."

Superman zooms through the sight, notices a conspicuous keypad on top of a horizontal door. His x-ray vision shows a bunker underneath the building. He flips and drills through the concrete.

CUT-A darkly lit computer bank with a small group of men working.

SUPERMAN (Shouting, off-screen): Luthor! I know You're here!

The men swing around as Superman rolls back a bunker door like a tin can. They back away, obviously scared.

SUPERMAN: (glares) Where is he.

LUTHOR (Booming from off-screen): (Jovially) Right here, alien.

A screen ahead activates to show Lex, smug and safe on a tropical island.

SUPERMAN (frustrated): You've been supplying Intergang with weaponry for years. Do you have any idea how much blood is on your hands?

LUTHOR: Do you?

SUPERMAN (wearily): Where's Doctor Roquette?

LUTHOR: Well, since you were the last one with her...I'd say in heaven or hell.

A massive whooshing sound is heard. We see vents start turning while a steel slab slams closed behind Superman.

LUTHOR: And she'll soon have company. I have all the records from your little feud last year. Lane reported that the atmosphere on your people's ship dropped you like a rock. Of course, we have no way of knowing what precise composition rendered the great "Superman" helpless...

The men in the room start to collapse and clutch their throats.

LUTHOR:...But that does mean you need to breathe.

Superman immediately slams his fist into the vents, stopping them, but we see them slammed close afterwards. The other men still wheeze, so Superman picks them up and carries them towards the wall.

SUPERMAN: Hang on-

A gas grenade explodes right in his face. We see a heavily armored, and oxvgen equipped commando with one glowing red eye put down a grenade launcher and pick up an oversized bolt action cannon.

LUTHOR: Allow me to introduce your executioner and the exclusive LexCorp severance package. He prefers to be called Colonel Wilson, my associates have dubbed him Deathstroke, and I call him the pinnacle of human engineering, training, and military hardware. He is everything awesome and terrible about humanity.

Deathstroke opens fire with the cannon. Superman shields the scientists and shrugs off the massive shells with a "*****, please" look, though the last shell does seem to stagger him.

LUTHOR: Of course, that's still not quite enough to defeat the Superman, is it?

Superman slams into Deathstroke, tearing the cannon from his hands, and clearly breaking his arm. Deathstroke grunts, then grabs a strange looking device from the wall and hits Superman with it.

CUT-We see Metropolis suddenly go dark.

CUT- Back in the bunker we see Lightning spark across Superman's chest and he is hurtled back. He lifts himself to his feet, but is obviously struggling himself, even clutching his chest in pain. Deathstroke, meanwhile, straightens his arm and injects something into it.

LUTHOR: So, to even the odds a bit more, I have provided Colonel Wilson with a few dustings from a particular isotope that was gratefully accepted from an associate of mine. Apparently, it's a new element created from the core of your doomed world. Kryptonite. It's not much, but Deathstroke assured me it would be enough. This trap is his masterpiece.

Deathstroke whips out a large, weaponized staff. He experimentally flexes his arm, than assumes a fighting stance holding it comfortably with both hands.

DEATHSTROKE: (chuckling quietly) You've only got a little oxygen, no sunlight, and you've got Kryptonite in your lungs. You're running out of time.

SUPERMAN: I've got enough.

He shoots his heat vision towards the ceiling, dislodging some concrete to fall on Deathhstroke, who ducks and instead slams his staff into his head. Superman's heat vision fizzles and stops and Deathstroke hits him again, this time managing to knock him down before dropping some ceiling on him with his staff. He then steps over to a dying scientist, who's trying to level the cannon at him. He stomps on his neck and grabs the cannon himself, and proceeds to unload on Superman.

LUTHOR: Well, if you will excuse me, I have other matters to attend to. Goodbye, alien. (Screen shuts off)

Deathstroke discards the cannon. Superman lies unconscious in front of him. He pulls out a sword and experimentally prods Superman's hand, drawing blood.

DEATHSTROKE: Just so you know, I have nothing but respect for you. It's why I took this job and all the little enhancements they gave me. They say a man is judged by his enemies. And you are an enemy worth having.

He raises his sword for a stabbing motion towards Superman's throat.

DEATHSTROKE: You were, at any rate.

His arm is suddenly yanked by a cable from behind. So is his other arm. The bunker's emergency power goes out and he himself is electrocuted from behind by the same device he used earlier.

Silence, then we see two glowing eyes in the dark. An oxygen mask is pulled over Superman's face. The lights flicker just enough to show BATMAN's silhouette as he stalks towards the wall. He quietly places charges all along it when he pauses, listening.

BATMAN: Those enhancements are almost impressive.

He dodges a knife blade that thrums into the wall.

DEATHSTROKE (rising to his feet): Well, this interesting. A would-be knight errant far from hallowed lands, trying to save the creature from another world.

He snaps his other arm free from the cable, picks up his sword, and tosses it around.

DEATHSTROKE: Have any of you own gadgets to use, or are you just going to keep jacking my stuff?

BATMAN: I won't need them.

DEATHSTROKE: Big talk for a little man. I don't think you've got the power it would take to beat me.

BATMAN: You're right.

Deathstroke lunges forward, but is grabbed and slammed down by a groggy Superman, who roars with pain as he hurls DEATHSTROKE back into the shadows. Batman walks over and picks him up.

BATMAN: How do you feel?

SUPERMAN: I'm in pain, but I'm better.

BATMAN: That will have to do.

He activates the charges and uses Superman as a shield against the blast. He then pulls Superman up on his shoulder and they stumble out the door. They stop and Batman again activates charges and uses Superman as a shield as a tunnel is formed above them. He shoots a cord up to a hovering jet and pulls them both up as Deathstroke makes a desperate last attack and misses as the tunnel collapses.

CUT- In the Batplane, Superman, weak, is strapped into the back seat. BATMAN lifts off into the sky with his new partner.

Here's my first:

SCENE-Night-Construction sight of a massive new tower-we see a sign that says "New LexCorp Towers-Coming Soon."

Superman zooms through the sight, notices a conspicuous keypad on top of a horizontal door. His x-ray vision shows a bunker underneath the building. He flips and drills through the concrete.

The men swing around as Superman rolls back a bunker door like a tin can. They back away, obviously scared.

SUPERMAN (frustrated): You've been supplying Intergang with weaponry for years. Do you have any idea how much blood is on your hands?

A massive whooshing sound is heard. We see vents start turning while a steel slab slams closed behind Superman.

LUTHOR: And she'll soon have company. I have all the records from your little feud last year. Lane reported that the atmosphere on your people's ship dropped you like a rock. Of course, we have no way of knowing what precise composition rendered the great "Superman" helpless...

Superman immediately slams his fist into the vents, stopping them, but we see them slammed close afterwards. The other men still wheeze, so Superman picks them up and carries them towards the wall.

A gas grenade explodes right in his face. We see a heavily armored, and oxvgen equipped commando with one glowing red eye put down a grenade launcher and pick up an oversized bolt action cannon.

LUTHOR: Allow me to introduce your executioner and the exclusive LexCorp severance package. He prefers to be called Colonel Wilson, my associates have dubbed him Deathstroke, and I call him the pinnacle of human engineering, training, and military hardware. He is everything awesome and terrible about humanity.

Deathstroke opens fire with the cannon. Superman shields the scientists and shrugs off the massive shells with a "*****, please" look, though the last shell does seem to stagger him.

Superman slams into Deathstroke, tearing the cannon from his hands, and clearly breaking his arm. Deathstroke grunts, then grabs a strange looking device from the wall and hits Superman with it.

CUT- Back in the bunker we see Lightning spark across Superman's chest and he is hurtled back. He lifts himself to his feet, but is obviously struggling himself, even clutching his chest in pain. Deathstroke, meanwhile, straightens his arm and injects something into it.

LUTHOR: So, to even the odds a bit more, I have provided Colonel Wilson with a few dustings from a particular isotope that was gratefully accepted from an associate of mine. Apparently, it's a new element created from the core of your doomed world. Kryptonite. It's not much, but Deathstroke assured me it would be enough. This trap is his masterpiece.

Deathstroke whips out a large, weaponized staff. He experimentally flexes his arm, than assumes a fighting stance holding it comfortably with both hands.

DEATHSTROKE: (chuckling quietly) You've only got a little oxygen, no sunlight, and you've got Kryptonite in your lungs. You're running out of time.

He shoots his heat vision towards the ceiling, dislodging some concrete to fall on Deathhstroke, who ducks and instead slams his staff into his head. Superman's heat vision fizzles and stops and Deathstroke hits him again, this time managing to knock him down before dropping some ceiling on him with his staff. He then steps over to a dying scientist, who's trying to level the cannon at him. He stomps on his neck and grabs the cannon himself, and proceeds to unload on Superman.

LUTHOR: Well, if you will excuse me, I have other matters to attend to. Goodbye, alien. (Screen shuts off)

Deathstroke discards the cannon. Superman lies unconscious in front of him. He pulls out a sword and experimentally prods Superman's hand, drawing blood.

DEATHSTROKE: Just so you know, I have nothing but respect for you. It's why I took this job and all the little enhancements they gave me. They say a man is judged by his enemies. And you are an enemy worth having.

His arm is suddenly yanked by a cable from behind. So is his other arm. The bunker's emergency power goes out and he himself is electrocuted from behind by the same device he used earlier.

Silence, then we see two glowing eyes in the dark. An oxygen mask is pulled over Superman's face. The lights flicker just enough to show BATMAN's silhouette as he stalks towards the wall. He quietly places charges all along it when he pauses, listening.

DEATHSTROKE (rising to his feet): Well, this interesting. A would-be knight errant far from hallowed lands, trying to save the creature from another world.

He snaps his other arm free from the cable, picks up his sword, and tosses it around.

DEATHSTROKE: Have any of you own gadgets to use, or are you just going to keep jacking my stuff?

DEATHSTROKE: Big talk for a little man. I don't think you've got the power it would take to beat me.

Deathstroke lunges forward, but is grabbed and slammed down by a groggy Superman, who roars with pain as he hurls DEATHSTROKE back into the shadows. Batman walks over and picks him up.

He activates the charges and uses Superman as a shield against the blast. He then pulls Superman up on his shoulder and they stumble out the door. They stop and Batman again activates charges and uses Superman as a shield as a tunnel is formed above them. He shoots a cord up to a hovering jet and pulls them both up as Deathstroke makes a desperate last attack and misses as the tunnel collapses.

CUT- In the Batplane, Superman, weak, is strapped into the back seat. BATMAN lifts off into the sky with his new partner.
I'm anxiously awaiting your second! That was very fun to read

Here's a scene that takes place somewhat before that one:

SCENE- Lois Lane's apartment. She is chugging an energy drink while typing away at a computer. We see the headline says "Metropolis Rebirth Under Fire: Intergang Continues Rampage." The lights suddenly switch off. Lois, illuminated by her computer, sighs and gets up. She checks the circuit breaker and the lights come on.

BATMAN is right behind her, his eyes glowing. She jumps, then immediately throws a bunch. He catches it.

BATMAN: You were the first person to recognize there were aliens on Earth.

He lets her go. She whips a collapsible baton down on his cowl. He doesn't move, just quickly wrenches it from her grasp and drops it.

BATMAN: Your leak to Woodburn stated you'd been picking up his trail going back at least three years. I know you dug up even more information, information you didn't share with anyone else. You deleted your files and burned your notes. You've been inferring to the rest of the world you lost the trail somewhere in Chicago, just after gaining possible contact information.

Lois backs away as Batman approaches her, she is cornered against the wall while he stares down at her.

BATMAN: But we both know you tracked him down to his town, his home. And we both know he's on your speed dial.

BATMAN holds up her cellphone. CLARK KENT is highlighted on the screen.

LOIS (her face calm): And we both know you're a normal human vigilante who tangles with freaks in costumes. Otherworldly titans are a little out of your league.

BATMAN: He's a little out of everyone's league. Even his own kind couldn't beat him. More than a few of us normal humans realize the threat he could pose to the world. So do you.

LOIS: He's not that type of man.

BATMAN: He doesn't need to be. There's already forces in motion to end him before he has a chance to change. And while I understand their reasoning, I can't trust them with either the power they need to take him down or his real name and address. I know them to well.

LOIS: Who?

BATMAN: The Safe Skies initiative. It's not an external response satellite system. It's designed to fire it's kinetic rail gun towards Earth, either towards a single individual...or an entire nation. Someone on the board has modified the plans to make it a next generation weapon of mass destruction capable of incapacitating Superman and anyone else in a matter of seconds.

LOIS: If you don't trust either Superman or them, why are you telling me this?

BATMAN : Superman is one alien. I don't trust him, but others do. Safe Skies has a conspiracy, involving at least one of the world's richest men, two world super powers, and a fully armed and operational satellite system the world is looking to as protection against other alien invaders. And I know there's already more than one alien species on this planet right now. One of them is supplying information to the conspiracy. And it's not your friend from Kansas.

LOIS (understanding): You want Superman in your corner. You want to make friends with Superman in case Safe Skies goes bad.

BATMAN: The enemy of my enemy...may still be my enemy. But not the one I'm worried about right now. Contact him. Tell him Intergang is a distraction. They're meant to keep him occupied while Safe Skies prepares for a preemptive world-wide strike. He needs to find this new extra-terrestrial and uncover him for the world. And you need to uncover this conspiracy.

LOIS: Me?

BATMAN: You found our strange visitor from another planet, and I need the authorities to see The danger in Safe Skies from someone who's not a vigilante. I've narrowed down possible ringleaders to General Eiling, Lex Luthor, Bruce Wayne, Michael Holt, or Professor Milton Fine. But I need to analyse the new alien technology, and I need pressure brought down on Safe Skies. When you wake up, call your friend, and give him those instructions.

LOIS: When I-? Oh no you-

He sprays her with a small gas gun. As she fades to unconsciousness, we fade out on Batman's glowing eyes.

She awakens in front of her computer. The headline has changed to "Call him now." Her phone is active in her hand, with Clark pulled up and ready to call. She quickly tabs open a browser and searches "Batman" while she hits call.

LOIS: Clark? We need to talk. And someplace safe.

SUPERMAN: You've come a long way from Gotham. Why are you here?

BATMAN: Escalation. The criminal organization Intergang is responsible for dealing advanced weaponry to the Gotham mob bosses that the GCPD can't compete with.

SUPERMAN: (skeptical) Intergang? I shut them down months ago.

BATMAN: (grimly) They're under new management.

SUPERMAN: (his fists clench) Who?

BATMAN: Bruno Mannheim.

SUPERMAN: Mannheim? He's small fry. Not even one of the higher ups in the organization. Why would they put him in charge?

BATMAN: I don't know. But he (he gestures to the unconscious form behind him) was one of the premiere arms dealers in Gotham before Intergang muscled in and ran him out of town. I've been tracking him for weeks. If there's anyone on the outside who'd have any inside knowledge of the organization, it's him.

SUPERMAN: We should question him together.

BATMAN: (turns) I don't think so.

SUPERMAN: (raises an eyebrow) Excuse me?

BATMAN: I prefer to work alone.

SUPERMAN: You don't know Intergang like I do. I know how they think, how they operate -

BATMAN: (bends to pick up the arms dealer) I read everything I needed to know in your articles, Kent.

SUPERMAN: (looks stunned for a second, but quickly calms) I think you'll find that I can still be of some use...Mr. Wayne.

BATMAN: (turns, scowls) You peeked!

SUPERMAN: (smirks) I didn't have to. Although...(peeks) it looks like I was able to put the pieces together just fine.

Last edited:
Superman and Batman's first official meeting.

Night. Superman is standing on top of the newly constructed Daily Planet rooftop. Behind him a searchlight with a metal bat on its light.

Batman appears from the shadows behind the signal, knocking onto the metal bat.

Superman turns around.

Superman
I've heard this is the only way to contact you.

Batman
This looks like the one on the GCPD Building.

Superman
It is the one on the GCPD Building. I'm sure your Commissioner won't mind. We needed to talk in private.

Batman
Talking on the roof of the Daily Planet is your idea of private?

Superman
You can't just break into Lex Luthor's office and interrogate him like he's a member of the Falcone family. People tend to get spooked.

Batman
A nearly indestructible alien looking down on them like a god and it's me they're afraid of? Besides if I didn't "talk" to Luthor I never would have found out we're he's keeping his supply of Kryptonite.

Superman
Kryptonite?

Batman
Luthor analyzed one of the alien weapons found in Smallville and matched it to meteor rocks found a few miles out of Central City. He seems to think it can weaken, even kill you.

Superman
And what do you think?

Batman takes a lead case from his utility belt. He opens it up and holds it towards Superman. Superman stumbles then grabs onto the Bat-Signal to keep standing.

Batman
Seems like it doesn't take much. Unfortunate.

Batman closes the casing and gives it to Superman who quickly recovers.

Batman
You should keep a hold of this. Wouldn't want this to fall into the wrong hands.

Superman
How do I know you don't have more.

Batman
You don't but if you want to take down Luthor, we're going to have to work together.

Superman
I have a feeling that wasn't a suggestion.

Batman nods to the Bat-Signal.

Batman
Take that back to Gotham.

Superman
I'm not your butler. I'm sure one of your cargo ships can ship it back to Gotham.

Batman smiles
Seems I underestimated you. If you need to reach me, there's an untraceable phone in your desk next to your spare glasses.

Batman glides off of the roof as Superman watches before taking off into the sky.

Last edited:
Here's my first meeting between the two:

SCENE- Twilight. A burning cargo ship in Metropolis Harbor. Cargo holds aboard the tanker explode, and we hear the sound of hi-tech gunfire. We follow one torn apart hauler into a darkened hold, where panicked INTERGANG thugs are firing a combination of human firearms and fantastic cannons around.

THUG 1: Who is it? Superman?

THUG 2: (searching the dark, wild eyed) No way. Too quiet.

A rattle is heard away from them. They both open fire at it.

THUG 2: Too damn quiet.

An athletic and scarred man, carrying one of the cannon weapons, saunters over to them flanked by two equally imposing bodyguards. This is Corben, a lead enforcer from Intergang.

CORBEN: What are you idiots doing here? You're supposed to be guarding the package till our exfil gets here. We're lit up like a torch in the busiest damn harbor in the world.

He looks over at the SCARED THUG, who is curled up in the fetal position and rocking back and forth.

CORBEN: Is he having a seizure?

THUG 1: No sir, no sir, he, Tommy, Greg, and, and Hiro were patrolling the stern. We heard something over the radio, then some screams and, and, and then he just started opening up around with that cannon you gave him, and, and-

THUG 2: (interrupting in a calmer tone) Radio went down, **** started blowing up, and this maniac ran screaming. Then the lights went out, we lost the other guys, and this freak blew a hole in the deck. We're taking on water, sir, and we don't know where anyone else is.

The SCARED THUG moans and whimpers in fear.

THUG 1: He was muttering something about a, uh, uh, a monster? From back home?

CORBEN: Who is he?

BATMAN( off screen): (loudly and from all corners of the room) Sidney Debris, "Sid the Squid." From Gotham. My city.

The THUGS spaz out and shoot wildly. CORBEN punches them to stop then signals his men to assume a defensive position. The SCARED THUG, Sid, starts crying.

CORBEN: You're that vigilante nut in the costume. (Laughs) I've been working in Metropolis all my life. I've even taken shots at Superman with this baby. And my boy here-

BATMAN (off screen): -Is Rudolph Jones, the first Intergang enforcer to use your new armaments. Twelve suspected murders and thirteen confirmed, seven of them MPD. Before that a repeat offender. And before that, a would be Mixed Martial Artist, until his career was cut short...

A batarang cuts through the darkness and crashes into one of the Bodyguard's, Jones, legs. It sails on through, and he crumples, screaming in agony.

BATMAN (off screen):...by a knee injury. And your other "boy" is Alek Ivanovitch, former enforcer for the Makarov family. Wanted for three murders, two counts of sexual assault, and noted by his prison doctor as suffering from Acrophobia...

The other bodyguard is lofted into the air, yelping as he is pulled up by a cable. CORBEN scrambles and picks up his dropped cannon. He and Jones continue to scan the hold. THUG 1 runs off and up the stairs, dropping his weapon as he goes.

BATMAN (off-screen):...fear of heights. And you are John Corben, could-have-been tactical officer for Metropolis Special Crimes Unit. No known injuries or phobias.

The lights shut off. SCARED THUG begins bawling.

BATMAN: Not yet, anyway.

The remaining thug and Corben and Jones open fire, illuminating the hold. Jones is the first to stop firing, his form covered by a shadow before he disappears. THUG 2 is suddenly roped onto a pillar by bat bolas. Corben cusses and switches his cannon over to a continuous laser setting, slicing through the whole wall. Water seeps into the hold. Glowing eyes behind Corben appear right before he whirls around and is punched back into the wall.

BATMAN: Careful. You'll sink this ship even faster than it already was.

CORBEN: I hope you can't swim!

Corben turns the laser on again but this time turns it towards the floor as well as Batman. Batman actually retreats for a second, but suddenly the entire ship tilts up and stays there. They are both slammed back as the boat is pulled towards shore. Batman, undaunted, grabs Corben with a grappling hook and is now holding him.

THUG 2: (madly) Oh thank god! It's him!

The ship drops to a stop. Batman calmly secures his last prisoner. He turns around as Superman lands in front of them.

SUPERMAN: Batman.

BATMAN: ...Superman.

SUPERMAN: I thought you these guys were a distraction.

BATMAN: A human distraction. My speciality, not yours. They're common criminals.

SUPERMAN: Using technology that hasn't been seen since Zod tore up Metropolis. And that my speciality. And too dangerous for a man wearing Kevlar body armor...With no offensive weapons...and a lead lined helmet. That thing must be heavy.

BATMAN: You're the one with experience in the tech. I know that. That's why I wanted you trying to find the new player supplying these cowards with their toys. The more time you waste, the sooner those satellites will be up and running with a new alien at the helm. Now get out of here, and get back to work.

SUPERMAN: Are you trying to order me around?

BATMAN: You're right. I shouldn't try and order around the god-like alien from Kansas. He might break my neck.

SUPERMAN: That shouldn't have happened. I know that. And I'll die before I do anything like that again.

BATMAN: Htt. We'll see.

He begins to back into the shadows.

SUPERMAN: You shouldn't be running off. We could get this done a lot faster if we work together.

BATMAN: I don't work with people I don't trust.

He steps off the boat through the hole in the wall and sinks below the waves. Superman's x-ray vision observes him get into a submarine and take off through the bay. Superman shakes his head.

Damn, godisawesome. I've been reading these posts and it's just fantastic. Batman is definitely someone to fear.

Here's my first:

I really liked Lex's sarcastic "hell or heaven line."

Okay, since this is still fun, I'm going o try and set up a whole act here, starting with this.
SCENE-Mid-day. Launch site for Safe Skies. We see six different rockets spread out around a central command tower rising like a monolith out of the launch area. Everything is new and huge. There is obviously billions of dollars spread around this area. Sigils from Wayne Enterprises, LexCorp, NATO, SCO, are scattered everywhere.

We enter the tower through its observation center at the top. General Wade Eiling, his glasses on, is clearly preparing for the launch alongside his SCO counterpart. A young aide approaches.

AIDE: Sir, we're receiving reports of Superman engaging something at the test site. They've already leveled the research building and are tearing apart the underground facility.

SCO GENERAL: "Underground facility?" (He stares at Eiling) My people were not informed of any such place.

EILING: (shaking his head, trying to brush aside the conversation) An old relic from the Cold War. Nobody's used it in years. (To the aide) Casualties?

AIDE: None, sir. Reports indicate Superman is intentionally dragging the fight away from civilians. He's, um, been ordering people to clear the area.

EILING: (glowering) On whose authority?

SCO GENERAL: Never mind that. At least the alien is keeping it contained. What is he engaged with?

AIDE: We don't know, sir.

SCO GENERAL: Then what's their description, lieutenant?

AIDE: Multiple contacts, sir, but maneuvering as one. (Looks away from Eiling) Initial reports said the contacts emerged from the underground facility. Closest descriptions we have are drones and...walking skeletons.

An uncomfortable silence fills the room as SCO GENERAL glares at Eiling.

SCO GENERAL: General Eiling, I recommend we abort launch.

EILING: Negative. This is exactly the situation for which we've developed this program. Professor Fine, how soon after launch is the weapon operational?

FINE: (monotone) Sixteen minutes, 23 seconds.

SCO GENERAL: I still recommend we abort launch. All of our records and prototypes were stored in the test facilty. The project may be compromised.

EILING: we have to risk it. Begin emergency launch.

CUT-The test facility. Superman comes crashing through the wall as a grotesque chimera of BRAINIAC drones rockets through him. Superman easily separates himself, grabs one arm of many and rips it out of its socket, before blasting away with heat vision. The chimera staggers, than integrates with another three drones, recovering and attacking once more.

SUPERMAN: Well, damn it.

More drones swarm around him, some attacking singly but in coordinated assaults, others combining before attacking. We see he has a durable looking headset piece attached to his ear.

SUPERMAN: Have you found out what these things are yet?

We pull back through the caverns to an old computer terminal, where Batman is analyzing a computer screen while a strange robotic "dog" of his keeps watch.

BATMAN: Extra-terrestrial drones answering to a massive main program spread throughout three supercomputers in this complex. Their composition is a mishmash between identifiable Cold War tech and something older and not of this world.

SUPERMAN: (wailing on another chimera) Any of them found you yet?

BATMAN: Don't worry. Ace has a jammer I stole from LexCorp. If its good enough to hide his secrets, it's good enough to hide me.

SUPERMAN: (whirling and using his heat vision to clear the room) Aren't you glad you brought me along? These guys would have eaten you for lunch.

BATMAN: Htt. Maybe.

ACE: (Robotic voice) ENERGY CONFLAGRATION DETECTED. LAUNCH OF SAFE SKIES IMMINENT.

BATMAN: They're panicking. Trying to launch early. We need to stop it before Luthor's new friend downloads onto the system code.

SUPERMAN: Yeah, well I've got bad news. These guys aren't stopping. In fact there's more of them.

BATMAN: How many more?

SUPERMAN: (looking at a wall of robotic parts barreling towards him) A lot more. Try and stop the launch. I'll keep this thing occupied.

BATMAN: Negative. You're still suffering from the kryptonite-

SUPERMAN: And your suit's not even really bulletproof. You know this is the right call. (Smiling) You worried I'll get hurt?

BATMAN: Compromised. You saw what that thing did to Corben. I'll need a larger supply of kryptonite to stop you if it takes you over as well.

SUPERMAN: (still smiling) That's more like it. It's a risk, but we have to take it. Tell me you don't see that.

Batman is silent. Than he strides down the hall, Ace rolling behind him.

BATMAN: Alright. The Wing can get me to the central tower. I'll deal with whatever Luthor has there.

SUPERMAN: Watch out, he'll be ready for you.

BATMAN: No. I'll be ready for him.

As BATMAN exits the shadow into sunlight, we see the Batwing under attack by smaller drones.

BATMAN: Ace, sic 'em.

The "dog" folds out wings, and takes off. It's an attack drone. It blows the drones off the Batwing. Batman launches a cord up to it and ascends as the Wing takes off towards the camera.

Here's the second part of that act, heavy on action.
SCENE-High above the command tower. The Batwing releases Batman to a HALO jump into the sight. He lands atop a security team and quickly incapacitates them. He approaches a computer terminal and plugs in his hacking jack. After a few seconds, the computer rejects him. He frowns, pauses as though listening, than ducks. A fist crashes through the space where his head was and demolishes the computer. He rolls away and draws some batarangs.

HOPE, one of Luthor's bodyguards, pulls her fist out the wreckage. Batman gives her a look and wraps her up with a iron cord bolo. She breaks out of it with raw strength and grins at him. His glowing eyes narrow, and he whips out two line launchers. He fires, she ducks, and the cords go on both sides of her.

HOPE: Missed.

He hooks the two launchers together and releases. They throw Hope back, but she catches her self and manages to slip out of the lines. She looks for Batman, but can't see him. We see him rise behind her.

BATMAN: This won't.

She whirls around and he hits her with a foam pellet. We see it harden, and she begins to flail around. He does some apparent pressure point attacks, but she manages to land one hit that sends him flying across the railing. She's clearly struggling to breath, but when Batman grabs her with the launcher, pulls himself towards her and drop kicks her in the face, she drops unconscious, but alive.

BATMAN: What are you?

He limps forward and glides down to another terminal spot, but again finds himself locked out. He scowls, then pulls up a schematic that highlights the main control center and the auxiliary control center. He also spies MERCY waking HOPE in the security cameras.

BATMAN: Great.

He looks again at the auxiliary control and walks to the edge of the railing, launching the cable launcher to wards the auxiliary control. He wrenches open a panel and enters.

A little girl screams. He whirls around to see Lena Luthor, eight years old, clutching her father LEX LUTHOR's leg.

LUTHOR: It's alright, Lena. It's alright. Just a foolish man in scary pajamas.

He lifts her up and holds her across his body. This both keeps her from looking at Batman, and situated perfectly as a human shield for Lex. Batman's glowing eyes narrow.

BATMAN: Those drones have been here for decades, if not centuries. They used you to integrate their systems onto the satellite system. Who are you working for?

LUTHOR: No one. I have an alliance with one, if that's what you mean, but I'm not working for anyone.

BATMAN: Deactivate the launch sequence. I won't let you put that thing in charge of the system.

LUTHOR: And leave the world at the mercy of that idiot in tights? You can't really trust him can you? Everything about you screams distrust and paranoia. We've both run the scenarios in our head. He has one bad day...and we're history. You, me, my daughter, all of us, gone.

BATMAN: You're worse. You slew your own father, supplied Intergang with weapons, murdered those in your employ, and you're going to use Safe Skies to level Metropolis. He's killed one man in a fight to the death, and more importantly, he's better than you.

LUTHOR: Of course he is.

He caresses his daughter's cheek, and tries to calm her down, giving her a hug while still giving Batman an icy glare.

LUTHOR: Superman is superior to us in everyday. He out flys our fastest machines, hits harder than our most powerful weapons, and is practically immortal. And that's the problem. He makes us insignificant, and he doesn't even see it.

Luthor taps open a computer screen and flips through security protocols. When Batman threatens him with a near batarang strike, Lex shifts so that it scares Lena and activates the protocol anyway.

LUTHOR: We're far more alike than the alien is. 'If you prick us, do we not bleed? If you poison us, do we not die? And if you wrong us, shall we not revenge?' We're human. We struggle, kill, and maim each other, but still we climb toward the heavens. And now this alien flys around, telling us we're safer where we are, under his protection, interfering in our affairs. He's a plague upon us, destroying our humanity with dreams of truth, justice, and the American way. What is truth, but what lies we tell each other? Justice? Vengeance for the politically correct. And the rest? Whatever we need it to be for our own interests. Tell me I'm wrong.

BATMAN: You're not wrong. You're insane.

LUTHOR: That's a subjective opinion. Like everything else. Like the world you think you live in. A world of mortal men with one alien interloper. I find its much more complicated than that. And so will you, once I open this door and Hope and Mercy come for you.

He reaches for a button, Batman slaps his hand away with a batarang, drawing blood, and prepares another.

BATMAN: That door's not opening.

LUTHOR: Keep telling yourself that. Repeat it enough, act to keep it that way, and it will become the truth. Even if its the most boldfaced lie in the world.

He shifts Lena around in his arms, so she completely covers him. Batman clearly gets pissed. Luthor grabs Lena's hand and smiles at her.

LUTHOR: Lena, do you love your daddy.

LENA (her eyes wide): ...yes.

LUTHOR (smiling): Your daddy loves you too.

He uses her hand to push the button. Batman doesn't stop him for fear of hurting Lena. Mercy dive-tackles him through the wall and down to a catwalk. He shoves a gas grenade in her mouth and manages to roll away as it explodes. We see him hit a button on his belt. Hope lands behind him, and holds him in a crushing bear hug.

HOPE: Payback's painful, isn't it?

BATMAN (struggling to breathe) ...not as painful...

Ace the attack drone hovers up from below and blows Hope off Batman.

BATMAN: ...as that.

He pulls out a strange gauntlet device, that electrifies and reinforces his whole arm. When Mercy lunges at him again, he slams her down with a punch from it.

MERCY (spits out blood): Made that for the alien didn't you? Anything besides a glorified boxing glove.

Batman remains silent and hits her again. She catches his third punch and breaks the device, but he slams a device over her ear. We hear a high pitched noise and she screams and drops to the floor.

BATMAN: I made that one too.

Ace continues to barrage Hope, pinning her down. Batman rises to his feet, holding his side, and glares at Luthor. Luthor, still holding Lena, point right. We hear a gun-shot that catches Batman dead center. DEATHSTROKE arrives with an m16. He nonchalantly turns and shoots down Ace. As he walks by Mercy, he shoots the device off her ear.

DEATHSTROKE: That's a hell of good armor you got there. Probably reinforced it right around your little symbol to draw fire. Probably couldn't hold up to close range automatic fire, though, could it?

He aims, but then raises the rifle.

DEATHSTROKE: Get up. I'm going to pay you back for the bunker.

Batman lowers his head, then suddenly shoots up with another gadget, but Deathstroke deflects his arm and instead breaks it over his shoulder. Batman doesn't make a sound, but his face contorts in pain. He throws a kick, but Deathstroke counters and kicks him back. Batman crashes into Hope, who punches him in the side viciously.

HOPE: That's a rib.

She throw him to Mercy, who head butts him hard enough to crack his mask. His eyes stop glowing.

MERCY: That's a concussion.

She throws him back to Deathstroke, who knees him in the back and throws him to his knees. DEATHSTROKE grabs his sword.

DEATHSTROKE: Any last words?

BATMAN (barely audible):.....help.....

Deathstroke touches Batman's neck as to gauge the weakest part of his armor and raises the sword. Suddenly, the whole tower is flung sideways. Deathstroke staggers, and Batman drops to a lower catwalk, crumbling upon contact but struggling to his feet. We hear a tearing sound, and SUPERMAN, tangled in drone and chimera parts, tears up towards the others, blasting off the robots with weakened heat vision. He crashes to a stop near Deathstroke and punches him through the wall.

BATMAN: Behind you!

Hope and Mercy both land kicks on Superman's head, but he manages to throw them away as well. Drones and chimeras scale the tower towards him still, crawling through the hole he left on his entrance. Superman lands in front of Batman.

SUPERMAN: We need to get you out of here. Your bleeding internally.

BATMAN raises his grappling gun and fires over Superman's shoulder into a drone. He releases the gun and it snaps into the drone before exploding.

BATMAN: No. We need to stop the launch.

Just then, we hear the sounds of rockets activating.

BATMAN: Shoot them down!

Superman uses x-ray vision to see the rockets, and heat visions several of them, but his vision starts to sputter and eventually dies. Then he hears something and turns. A huge mass of drones is sweeping towards them.

SUPERMAN: Get down!

He folds the catwalk over Batman as the wall of drones hits them and the whole pile falls to the ground.

Luhtor humms softly to his daughter, walks out to a helicopter, and boards, joined by Hope and Mercy as the tower falls.

We close the scene on most of the Safe Skies rockets launching succefully while dust gathers around the tomb of our heroes.

Superman: *hand around Batman's neck, Batman struggling to do just about anything*
Superman: remember in all my private moments he said, in all the years to come.......who hand around who's neck biatch
Batman: I.....Im..........Bat.....MAN.....*passes out*
Superman: *takes Batman back to Wayne Manor and leaves him at his Bat-Computer* next time I wont be so nice........stay retired.

:D

Abridged version of the above:

BATMAN: I am vengeance! I am the Night! I-

**PPPPZZZZOWWWWWW!

BATMAN:-am returning to Florence Italy and my hot thief girlfriend! Peace out!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"