WTF Where Omega Red ?

Destiny Is Near

Civilian
Reaction score
we all know hes in the movie but why hasnt been anything on him? no pics, no role summary or anything

He most likely has a very minor role . . . and I doubt he'll look much like he does in the comics . . . who knows? Maybe we have seen him and just didn't know it was him.

yea im sure he will be minimal in the movie but im surprised no pics or anything have been leaked. the dude playing it looks like he would fit the perfect mold for O-Red

didn't kinberg or penn say that he actually was not in the movie. if it was penn he may not have been around for the addition, but if he is in the movie, it'll be no more than a cameo.

Yeah...The real confirmation on the character is still a bit fishy...

We have nothing totally solid..

-TNC

Destiny Is Near said:
we all know hes in the movie but why hasnt been anything on him? no pics, no role summary or anything

Probably because he's not in the movie.

Penn said he was once in the script but was cut and is NOT in the movie

Yeah, but there have been conflicting reports concerning his inclusion . . . One fairly recent article (I believe it was Starlog's interview with Ratner) states that Omega Red will be in the movie (although not confirmed by Ratner himself . . . I don't think) . . . I would have to agree with TNC. There has been no solid confirmation either way.

Ratner, the director, said he is in the film. However, Kinberg said he is not. No official word or compromise from these two opposing statements has yet been made. If he is in the film it will be a small cameo to please the fans. This thread can be merged with our existing Omega Red thread.

:xmen: hey if there's guaranteed proof that Omega Red is in the movie, if he's in the movie even as a cameo,will we even reconize him? Cuz i know for sure they'll change him untill we don't really know who he is (Juggurnaut, I'm talking to u to). But they won't totally won't screw him up.

Please campaign for X-Men live action show!
(strength in numbers) by 2010!:marv:

Last I heard it was a misquote. It wasn't Omega Red, just an omega level mutant.

Maybe this time we'll get it right(Please God) all we need are good writers,good production,basically just good people in charge, we just can't **** this up.

Penn said that Ratner made a mistake. And he would know if Omega Red were in the movie since he wrote it.

BMM said:
Yeah, but there have been conflicting reports concerning his inclusion . . . One fairly recent article (I believe it was Starlog's interview with Ratner) states that Omega Red will be in the movie (although not confirmed by Ratner himself . . . I don't think) . . . I would have to agree with TNC. There has been no solid confirmation either way.

Well.. I believe on what Ratner said on Starlog (interview details here).
I was browsing some topics and found this pic about a possible Caliban on X3.
But take a look 4 or 5 ppl behind him...theres a blonde guy there wearing the very same ponytail Omega uses! I took an enhanced detailed pic of him too. Maybe its him.
I just hope they dont forget to show the carbonadium synthesizing coils. Omega isnt Omega without em.

See both:

caliban5em.jpg

omega.jpg

I guess this guy for sure looks like Vince Murdocco.

Im not digging the way Juggs looks, so Im sure they will botch the look of Omega too.

if omega red is in the movie, as long as he has his coils and looks fairly bad ass I'll be happy. If he just stands there and someone is like "omega red what's poppin?" i will be a sad sad panda.

Yeah...as seen on the second pic i showed, for sure, IF its him, they suited him by the very "morlock"way they did on Psylocke..so forget the hi-tech look...... But...man..even portrayed this way, the coils are needed! Theyre the visual identity of the character! It would be the same thing as fictionally doing a Cyclops with a totally different quartz visor, totally strange to the main visual marks of the character.

I know, tell me about it. Omega Red is the bomb.

BMM said:

Just because the article came out recently doesn't mean the actual interview was recent. Did anyone who read it see a date when the interview took place? For all we know, it could have taken place all the way back at the beginning of filming, when OR was a part of the script, like Penn said, but he was cut. Again, Penn wrote the film and doesn't have a history of saying things that were later retracted.

there is a picture of Omega red and gauntlet. Dont you guyz remember?

astroid-man said:
there is a picture of Omega red and gauntlet. Dont you guyz remember?

No, it was a picture of two actors in costume that someone said was Omega Red and Gauntlet. There is no proof as to who those two were supposed to be.

X.M.D. said:
omega.jpg

I guess this guy for sure looks like Vince Murdocco.

fmurd1.jpg

Oh ya, because you can friggen tell "for sure".

dere is a better picture ov wot i think is omega on the bridge far left ov maggs

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"