Omega Red Thread

chaseter

Esteemed Member
Reaction score
Ok...so Omega Red got the shaft in X3. Lets hope he is in the Wolverine spinoff. Talk about possible casting rumors, post manips, and just talk generally about Omega Red and his relationship with Wolverine. Come on...he is one of Wolverine's greatest foes...he has to be in it.

Update: I thought I would post my storyline on how Fox should incorporate Omega Red in the movie.
The US and Soviet Russia are locked in a heated battle that shall be known as the Cold War in years to come. A race to gather the most destructive weapons known to man is ensuing. Nuclear tests are highly publicized yet mutant testing is entering the foreground as cunning and agile soldiers are needed on the front lines. The US's Weapon X facilites, headed by William Stryker, employed Dr. Kenji Oyama to secretly begin enhancement testing in Canada on subjects codenamed Wolverine, Sabretooth, Deadpool, Maverick, and Deathstrike to combat the Russian's Super Soldier Program entitled Omega, which translates to "the end." Omega Red, the only survivor, emerges with carbonadium tentacles to use in combat and release a biological weapon that could possibly kill millions of innocents.

Definitely, this is a very smart decision imo. Omega red is fresh blood to bring to the films as opposed to recycling old foes such as sabretooth.

Vladmir Kulich

omegared.png

Vince Murdocco was long rumored to play Omega Red in X3. Ratner also made the comment that Omega Red would be in Magneto's Brotherhood. My guess is due to time and budget issues...he was unfortunately cut. I do not know if Vince would make a great Omega Red or not. I would kind of like to see a more prominent actor to play the part.

Vince did say Omega Red will be in this spin off in his email, but he also said he was Omega Red in X3 soooooooo......

PWN3R RANGER said:
Vince did say Omega Red will be in this spin off in his email, but he also said he was Omega Red in X3 soooooooo......
I think OR was going to be in X3 but a lot of things got cut as we all know. Vince was probably in line to play him and time and budget just ran out. I think he was telling the truth...he really has no reason to lie. Plus he is in the credits so he Vince was in there somewhere.

Congrats and nice manip. I kind of think they could touch on the story of how the US and Russia, during the Cold War, were both experimenting on mutants to make super soldiers for war. We get Wolverine vs Omega Red!

I won't get my hopes up for seeing Omega Red, but I just wish that we had more info to work with..

-TNC

he would be cool, but not as the main man for logan to beat up.

chaseter said:
Congrats and nice manip. I kind of think they could touch on the story of how the US and Russia, during the Cold War, were both experimenting on mutants to make super soldiers for war. We get Wolverine vs Omega Red!

i definatley agree, Wolverine fighting with Maverick, Sabretooth and the chick whos name always evades me, as the Weapon X project against Russia in the Cold War who creates the ultimate weapon

Triple H?!!?!

:eek: X10!!!

:(

triple h looks the part but hes not a good actor.....

hes uwe boll worthy:(

xwolverine2 said:
triple h looks the part but hes not a good actor.....

hes uwe boll worthy:(

Uwe Boll agrees with xw2. :) :up:

uweboll2en.jpg

Someone of triple hs stature would do, but sabretooth already has that look... perhaps brown hair this time. RED hair?

And im all for the chalk skin... many mutants have blue but that cant be the only color imo.

PWN3R RANGER said:
Uwe Boll agrees with xw2. :) :up:

uweboll2en.jpg
BEETLEJUICE,BEETLEJUICE,BEETLEJUICE!!!!!!!

STOP IT WITH THAT PICTURE!!!:o :(

i hate to say it cause he is a fantastic actor and should not be relegated to the roles he plays, but don't let it be said that Ron Pearlmen would not own everyones ass in this movie

hhh is a good actor... in his wwe role, in blade trinity his caracter was very lame, so who knows

I think they should go with the Origin series for Wolverine than possibly go to him bumping into Omega Red after in (Europe I believe it was I think) with Mr. Sinister.

Beinoff said he wants to stick with realism in the plot... that's really gotto hurt Omeg's chances of being in this film doesn't it?

FaT_tONle said:
Beinoff said he wants to stick with realism in the plot... that's really gotto hurt Omeg's chances of being in this film doesn't it?
How is a guy that can heal his body and portrude 6 foot long long adamantium claws realisitic? I think he meant more along the lines of not going over board as the comics do. He will try to make the story as believable as he can. Omega Red still deffinitely has a chance of appearing in the Wolverine movie as far as I am concerned. They could easily tweak and slightly change OR to make him more realistic.

This is my premise involving Omega Red:

Since there has been no "official" telling of the Weapon X story I think the movie adaptation should be like this:

The United States and the Soviet Union are locked in a secret conflict. On the surface, its just the Cold War, a race to obtain the best weapon, a missile. However, it is deeper than that. They are racing to create the greatest human weapon. The United States uses the recources of Japanese doctor, Dr. Darkwind. Together, with Coloniel William Stryker, they test on three subjects, a mysterious man from Candian Special Ops, known only as Logan, a man with ties to both canadian intellegence and the CIA black ops Victor Creed, and Darkwind's own daughter, Yuriko. All of these people have something in common, they are very skilled and highley trained, but they are also mutants- with the power to heal.

On the soviets side, hundreds of tests fail, all but one: Arkady Rossovich. They implanted carbanium trendils on him....adding that to his mutation to drain life forces away, and his hateful nature made him virtually unstoppable. Soon, he turned on the Soviets.

Desperate, and with no where to turn, the Soviets turned to the United States. They needed someone to stop project: Omega Red. From direct order of the President, Department H is called in to bring in the Weapon X test experiments, for their first battle.

(I know that I made some changes, like Department H, and Weapon X being part of the US. But I think that if you still had all of the characters come out of Canadian Special Ops, it could work. If the stroy is to take place around 1964 and is to take place between Russia and someone, it should be the US. However, I could always change it to have it in Canada, and have USSR be very uneasy having to ask an ally of America for help....OR, have it be an American funded project, in northern Alberta, Canada...something like that.)

-R

^Nice Robin. I have always liked the Soviet-US testing on mutant story during the Cold War. I don't think that it needs to be the entire story but deffinitely have something along those lines as a subplot. Also...we need Maverick in there along with Deadpool in the Weapon X testing. They all escape, memories wiped clean of all the events. Wolverine goes out on his own only to be taunted by fellow X mutants desperately trying to find answers. Deadpool of course goes crazy and trusts no one, Wolverine finds himself in a war that he has no idea of, Yuriko is out to revenge the death of her father...Wolverine can hack him while he tries to escape the lab, and Sabretooth just straight up hates Logan. Maverick can be thrown in there as well to help Wolverine agaisnt the Russians headed by Omega Red.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"