Omega Red Thread

I don't think so. It's a shame really considering this is the opportunity to use him since this story heavily involves Weapon X and Team X.

I agree. 'Red would be better suited for this film than some of the other characters that have been announced.

Wow, I could not have worded that better. That was exactly my problem with it. That's why the use of some characters felt different from the previous X-movies. Multiple Man and Arclight were used to great effect (they had a purpose) while people like Quill and Psylocke were really kind of random and pointless. People wanted to see Psylocke in the movies so they crammed her in for the hell of it and Quill was there because they thought the special effect would look cool.

Yes, I see the point. I'm glad you like the way I expressed it - it suddenly made sense to me. And I agree that it's dangerous territory when you 'bend' characters to fit a story.

I never really liked Quill. That was Ratner casting a friend in the movie. Didn't mind Psylocke so much - she looked exactly right and she had a 'power moment' which was either her teleportation or her power to telekinetically bend light to camouflage herself. I've a feeling a much larger role shrunk as production continued, as Mei Melancon spoke in magazines about her character having power scenes including firing her 'psychic knives.'

The problem people had with Multiple Man was that he was freed only for him to then allow himself to be captured again. Did that REALLY matter? Not sure. It did at least show that Magneto was aware that abandoning Mystique (which some criticised) would lead to her grassing him up to the authorities, because he prepared for the fact the military would find his forest base.

I agree. 'Red would be better suited for this film than some of the other characters that have been announced.

I wonder how they could make him look distinct from SM2's Doc Ock. Organic tentacles? Or just keep the classic look and to hell with any Doc Ock comparisons?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"