Omega Red Thread

So was the bone spike throwing mutant in X3 supposed to have some Omega Red similarities or was it just me. I know he is closer to Spike and Marrow, but the way the spikes looked when they first emerge from the wrist and the fact that they emerge from the wrist reminded me of OR.

I hope that Omega Red will be in this movie, also Wolverine needs to be the Ultimate Wolverine and go nuts like in the video game. I would like to see some of the other x-men maybe near the end of the movie. When they show up, it should be to save him from gettin his butt kicked by someone like Omega Red or Sabretooth.

I like the storyline that you thought up. That would be quite interesting!

Bump...God I hope Omega Red makes it into this movie in some form.

I like Omega Red...a lot, but with the current cast list, I'd prefer they saved him for a sequel *assuming they make Wolverine 2*

Götz Otto to play Omega Red.

For the storyline, you basically just go straight with the source material from the comics.

marvel.com said:
The KGB set about transforming Arkady Gregorivich into the super-soldier code-named Omega Red. The procedure was interrupted by Team X, an elite covert operations unit consisting of mutant operatives Logan, Creed, North and Wraith. Team X stole the Carbonadium Synthesizer, a device that was used to control Omega Red’s mutant power, and as a result the KGB placed Omega Red in suspended animation.

If that's a little too complicated, then just abondon the element of the C-Synthesizer and simply have Team X assassinate Omega Red. That would probably be better for the movie.

^^ But not for THIS movie. It would only lead to more shrieking and squeaking about overcrowding, too many characters, yada yada blah blah. I do think Omega Red and the whole Russian thingy is best kept for another movie. We already have a lot of comicbook characters in Wolverine and it seems quite enough.

red_wolv5.jpg

art1.jpg

EVERYTHING about Russian bodybuilder and movie star Alexander Nevsky is larger than life. At 6 feet 7 inches, 285 pounds and with 21-inch biceps, he makes no effort to hide in his Hawaiian Legends tank top. He cuts an imposing figure. His deep voice, laced with a strong Russian accent, carries across the hotel lobby. And his charm? Even bigger.

Nevsky, 35, is in Hawaii scouting locations for "Magic Man," a thriller he plans to shoot here in August for a couple of weeks. The independent feature is budgeted for about $6 million, and will be Nevsky's first film shot in America. Specifically, he's looking at various hotels for exterior shots and interior scenes involving a magic show with an audience, similar to a David Copperfield extravaganza. The majority of the movie, however, will be filmed in a Los Angeles studio.

Though he was offered anabolic steroids as a youngster, he understood the harm they could cause. "I never took those pills," he said. "I just threw them away."

Eschewing the fast track for a natural approach, it took him years to form his physique. But along the way he became a vocal opponent of steroid use. He maintains fitness working out almost every day, kickboxing and lifting weights -- often with Lou Ferrigno, star of the old TV series "The Incredible Hulk."

Like another famous bodybuilder who went on to accomplish much more, Nevsky said he "never wanted to be just a bodybuilder."

gotta have omega red for this movie with team x trying to face him and losing.

^^ But not for THIS movie. It would only lead to more shrieking and squeaking about overcrowding, too many characters, yada yada blah blah. I do think Omega Red and the whole Russian thingy is best kept for another movie. We already have a lot of comicbook characters in Wolverine and it seems quite enough.

I know, but it's a shame they decided to go with Wolverine encountering his old Team X buddies and other mutants who should be in the present-day X-Men movies instead of just depicting Wolvie's time as a black ops.

I know, but it's a shame they decided to go with Wolverine encountering his old Team X buddies and other mutants who should be in the present-day X-Men movies instead of just depicting Wolvie's time as a black ops.

You can't have it all ways. Wolverine's past is long, detailed and complicated. It can't all be stuffed into a single movie. Others might want all the Japanese stuff too. Not gonna happen. I think starting off with the Weapon X past and Wolverine's actual origin is the right way to do it. Then they could move on to other parts of his past if there are further movies. Gambit and Sabretooth are linked, so that might explain Gambit's inclusion in the spin-off. Omega Red absolutely doesn't belong in this first spin-off. And he'd need reimagining so as not to seem like Doctor Octopus.

Wasn't the Omega Red mission pretty important to Wolverine's falling out with Sabretooth anyway?

Wasn't the Omega Red mission pretty important to Wolverine's falling out with Sabretooth anyway?

Dunno. I just find amusing, and irritating, how you have one camp of hypesters demanding more and more characters that THEY want to see in the movie, and others shrieking about way too many characters. I feel there are many dark days ahead until this movie comes out, and for some time afterwards (X3 anyone?). Fasten your seatbelts everyone. :word:

I guess it was a retorical question since I know he's very important to the two characters. But I'm sure they'll use the Silver Fox thing instead.

See I don't have a problem with many characters being used but more how they are used. X1 and X2 did it fine. Perfectly even. People like Shadowcat and Siryn who did not even have lines were used to great extent. It was really more the fault of the writers and Brett Ratner that the mutants weren't used right in X3 so I have no worries with Wolverine.

See I don't have a problem with many characters being used but more how they are used. X1 and X2 did it fine. Perfectly even. People like Shadowcat and Siryn who did not even have lines were used to great extent. It was really more the fault of the writers and Brett Ratner that the mutants weren't used right in X3 so I have no worries with Wolverine.

How do you think they weren't 'used right' in X3?

For me it was more of a personal fanboy thing. I'm sure regular movie patrons didn't even notice or care but it really annoyed me how they switched up the powers of mutants. So it really felt like the characters weren't respected and were just used in a failed attempt to both please the fans and fill out action scenes. They figured "We need a girl with superspeed. We can't just make someone up though." "We can call her Callisto. The fans'll go ape**** for that." It was that kind of thinking that really bugged me.

But I guess I'm biased.

EDIT: thanks x-maniac.

No, I completely agree Savage.

Well I'll answer your rhetorical question...yep - Creed shot Janice the double-agent, and Logan walked out on Team X after the mission in Berlin. Which resulted in Creed's "You're mine, boy - and the day is gonna come when I collect!"

If the sequel is going to focus on Japan, then Omega Red will have no place in that movie. I want the Berlin mission as the reason why Logan left Team X - not for it to occur during the present.

Sigh...apparently there is no way I can phrase that to make sense - take "the present" as 17 years ago. And the Berlin mission occured maybe three years before that.

I'm expecting a lot of "huh? wha?" on that one...

For me it was more of a personal fanboy thing. I'm sure regular movie patrons didn't even notice or care but it really annoyed me how they switched up the powers of mutants. So it really felt like the characters weren't respected and were just used in a failed attempt to both please the fans and fill out action scenes. They figured "We need a girl with superspeed. We can't just make someone up though." "We can call her Callypso. The fans'll go ape**** for that." It was that kind of thinking that really bugged me.

But I guess I'm biased.

I see. Well, it's actually Callisto, whose name comes from a huntress in Greek mythology. The comicbook version has enhanced reflexes.... so upgrading that to superspeed is not too much of a stretch, as it then makes her a more formidable opponent for Storm and also gives her a definite mutational advantage than just 'reflexes.'

I think the Callisto changes were fine.

What else didn't you like?

Is it that you felt that the story somehow dictated the characters' powers rather than the actual proper powers being smartly showcased by the story?

Whoops. Didn't even notice I did that. Thanks for the correction. :p

I was just using Callisto as an example because she had a bigger role but Psylocke was the one that really bugged me. See I don't have problems with the use of characters as long as they're used right and ARE the characters. Quill was Quill, Spike was Spike, Phat was Phat. This is why I'm not worried about Wolverine because I'm sure they won't pull another Callisto and Psylocke.

Besides that, Cyclops' death, Wolverine being out of character and taking over, and the movie being short and moving too fast I actually enjoy watching X3.:o Hey, I'm allowed to have fanboy nitpicks too, I just don't dwell on them as much as others.

Whoops. Didn't even notice I did that. Thanks for the correction. :p

I was just using Callisto as an example because she had a bigger role but Psylocke was the one that really bugged me. See I don't have problems with the use of characters as long as they're used right and ARE the characters. Quill was Quill, Spike was Spike, Phat was Phat. This is why I'm not worried about Wolverine because I'm sure they won't pull another Callisto and Psylocke.

Besides that, Cyclops' death, Wolverine being out of character and taking over, and the movie being short and moving too fast I actually enjoy watching X3.:o Hey, I'm allowed to have fanboy nitpicks too, I just don't dwell on them as much as others.

I edited my post too, to add a final thought which, if it's what you meant, is more understandable in many ways!

Well I'll answer your rhetorical question...yep - Creed shot Janice the double-agent, and Logan walked out on Team X after the mission in Berlin. Which resulted in Creed's "You're mine, boy - and the day is gonna come when I collect!"

If the sequel is going to focus on Japan, then Omega Red will have no place in that movie. I want the Berlin mission as the reason why Logan left Team X - not for it to occur during the present.

Sigh...apparently there is no way I can phrase that to make sense - take "the present" as 17 years ago. And the Berlin mission occured maybe three years before that.

I'm expecting a lot of "huh? wha?" on that one...

I understand actually and I wish it was that way too. But I think they're gonna go with Sabretooth murdering Silver Fox be the reason for the two of them being enemies (somehow I doubt they'll allow the rape. I doubt they'll even imply it). Which I guess is alright with me since a movie only has so much time.

Is it that you felt that the story somehow dictated the characters' powers rather than the actual proper powers being smartly showcased by the story?

Wow, I could not have worded that better. That was exactly my problem with it. That's why the use of some characters felt different from the previous X-movies. Multiple Man and Arclight were used to great effect (they had a purpose) while people like Quill and Psylocke were really kind of random and pointless. People wanted to see Psylocke in the movies so they crammed her in for the hell of it and Quill was there because they thought the special effect would look cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"