X-Files: I Want To Believe

Ultimate Movie-Man said:
A little off-topic, but where is your name from, Archer? It sounds familiar :O
It's from a franchise least popular in its series of which I happen to be in the minority who actually likes it and not ashamed to admit it. :)

Jonathan Archer was the Captain of the Enterprise.

That's right! That's where I've heard it. Thanks. Isthat series the one with patrick Stewart? Because that one's actually okay, IMO. Not the best, but ok.

Ultimate Movie-Man said:
That's right! That's where I've heard it. Thanks. Isthat series the one with patrick Stewart? Because that one's actually okay, IMO. Not the best, but ok.
Patrick Stewart was mainstream. He played Capt. Jean-Luc Picard in Star Trek: The Next Generation.

Jonathan Archer (played by Scott Bakula) was a Captain in the spin-off of the Star Trek franchise called Enterprise. It's a prequel of sorts, even before Kirk. The Enterprise of Jonathan Archer was the very first starship to be named Enterprise.

You sure you don't know this or are you just pulling my leg? ;)

Jonathan Archer said:
Patrick Stewart was mainstream. He played Capt. Jean-Luc Picard in Star Trek: The Next Generation.

Jonathan Archer (played by Scott Bakula) was a Captain in the spin-off of the Star Trek franchise called Enterprise. It's a prequel of sorts, even before Kirk. The Enterprise of Jonathan Archer was the very first starship to be named Enterprise.

You sure you don't know this or are you just pulling my leg? ;)

I got it mixed up. I though Jonathon Archer was the guy who helps Captain Picard...Enterprise. That's where I"ve heard it. I don't really like that show, it's okay as I've watched it...but my fave is the original and Voyager.

Back on topic. lol

If X-Files II comes out, I'll go see it and check it out. I was a big fan of the show.

yeah seems people sorta agree with what I said. was a HUGE fan of the show here in britain when it aired on BBC I was like the only one who knew about it...then of course it became huge. I followed it avidly until the end of season three,but it went downhill from there imo. Im surprised theyre talking about a new movie given the fact that anderson and duchovny have done pretty well movie-wise....if it does go ahead itd have to be a batman begins restart kinda thing but without scully and mulder it would be kinda pointless.....

This would be cool. I'm a big fan of the series (recently got back into it with the DVD's going down in price, I have seasons 1-5 and the movie, next paycheck I'll get 6-7 and in two more 8-9 and maybe the Lone Gunmen...) I'm almost done rewatching Season 1 right now (nearing the end of Erlenmeyer Flask, the last episode of the season)

More like twelve since the season with Tooms :o He was in the first season, twice :)

Green Lantern said:
More like twelve since the season with Tooms :o He was in the first season, twice :)
*Smack* quite you! Or im coming to get you!

tooms.jpg

And I dunno how easy it is to come back from death by escalator :eek:

Green Lantern said:
And I dunno how easy it is to come back from death by escalator :eek:
He did a T2 and melted back together haha

Kevin Roegele said:
Aliens, urban legends, etc, that's all 90's stuff.

But paranoia, distrust, suspicious Government behaviour.....that's all big stuff right now.
Not to mention, when the show started, sci-fi and horror were not so hot, it gave a modern spin not only to the alien thing, but to supernatural, Twilight Zone kinda stuff... Now all that is out every other week. Shyamalan´s movies are pure X-Files.

Hmmm, I've always wondered if they'd get around to an X-files 2....

I remember reading an interview with DD way back when the first one came out...he said he'd be up for another flick since making a movie every few years would be easier than constantly filming episodes...guess he got his wish.

Though I have to agree X-Files has had its run...a second movie would have been much more appealing had the show ended after seven seasons (even six), and THEN a 2nd movie came out shortly after....back when I cared about Mulder and Scully still....

But the mythology aspect was the best part about the show. Personally I thought Bowman did an excellent job with the movie and I eagerly anticipated Reign of Fire and Elektra because of it, even though in both instances I was let down. Mulder and Scully...without aliens I just find it hard to get excited about.

Why is it that all the really cool characters are always villains?:ninja: Sure, Mulder is cool, but Eugene Victor Tooms, the Eves, and Pusher are WAY cooler.

DarKush said:
I also agree that X-Files is past its time. Seasons 8 & 9 ruined it for me. I had hoped that Fight the Future would really kick the alien invasion storyline into gear.

At the time I thought the X-Files might switch to a movie franchise a la Star Trek: TNG, or that Fight the Future would at least lead to a tighter, more amped up alien conspiracy storyline on the show. But it pretty much remained muddled, and unsatisfying.

Looking back, I always enjoyed the stand-alone eps. better than the alien conspiracy stuff, but the alien mythology is the main arc of the X-Files, and I don't see a point in doing a stand-alone X-Files movie years after the series ended, and interest has cooled.

Perhaps a STV or TV movie/miniseries might be the way to go. Or perhaps a new X-Files TV show, with new characters and a different arc.

I never got the whole mythology. Did Mulder win out? How many kinds of aliens were there REALLY? Who was the CSM? Don't ask me, I don't know.:whatever:

GuesssWho said:
I never got the whole mythology. Did Mulder win out? How many kinds of aliens were there REALLY? Who was the CSM? Don't ask me, I don't know.:whatever:
The thing is mostly the network´s fault. Contrary to popular belief, Carter had a plan for the show, which was to last four, five seasons tops. But because it was such a huge hit, the network kept it going so the writers had to stretch it more and more. I´m afraid the same could happen to Lost. To answer your question, well, it was set at the end that the actual alien invasion would happen in a few years, so it was sort of open-ended. Apparently, there were three kinds of aliens, the grey ones, the shape-shifting bounty hunters and the human/alien hybrids. The CSM was one of the men who made a deal with the aliens, allowing them to work on creating a race of human/alien hybrids as a slave race.

"The X-Files 2" is tentatively set to go before the camera in December, with Carter directing, based on a script he wrote with veteran X-Files writer-producer Frank Spotnitz. Duchovny will reprise his role as FBI Special Agent Fox Mulder, and Anderson will return as Special Agent Dana Scully..."

"The X-Files 2" is tentatively set to go before the camera in December, with Carter directing, based on a script he wrote with veteran X-Files writer-producer Frank Spotnitz. Duchovny will reprise his role as FBI Special Agent Fox Mulder, and Anderson will return as Special Agent Dana Scully..."

No Doggett and Reyes? ;)

Thank f**king God! Finally!

I was seriously starting to fear if this didn't get this project off the ground soon it may not ever happen. I know the movie is supposed to be a standalone, but I really hope they add some elements of the alien colonization storyline. I mean, the show ended with
the two of them on the run from the law
so it wouldn't make much sense for it to just start with the two of them in the FBI office investigating the latest X-File. It also wouldn't make much more sense for them to just stumble upon Eugene Tooms, or something to that effect. There has to be some element of the conspiracy for the movie to make sense unless they set the movie in like 1994 or something. Not saying the whole movie has to be able alien colonization, or that they cant do a non-alien story, i just want there to be some connection between the two storylines.

I'm with you on that one. On top of that, I think there's more potential for emotion and drama with the conspiracy plot. I mean, it's what simultaneously drives Mulder and brings the two of them together.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"