X-Files: I Want To Believe

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=38942

The X-Files Set for July 25, 2008
Source: 20th Century Fox
October 31, 2007

Twentieth Century Fox today announced a July 25, 2008 release for a new motion picture based on the phenomenally-popular, award-winning series "The X-Files." Long-anticipated but until now unconfirmed, the film reunites series stars David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson under the direction of series creator Chris Carter, who co-wrote the screenplay with Frank Spotnitz.

In grand "X-Files" manner, the as yet untitled film's storyline is being kept under wraps, known only to top studio brass and the film's principals. This much can be revealed: The supernatural thriller is a stand-alone story in the tradition of some of the show's most acclaimed and beloved episodes, and takes the always-complicated relationship between Fox Mulder (Duchovny) and Dana Scully (Anderson) in unexpected directions. Mulder continues his unshakable quest for the truth, and Scully, the passionate, ferociously intelligent physician, remains inextricably tied to Mulder’s pursuits.

Fox production VP Steve Asbell shepherded the project for the studio.

Created and executive produced by Chris Carter, "The X-Files," which premiered on Fox on September 10, 1993, chronicled the lives and adventures of Fox Mulder and Dana Scully, two disparate FBI agents assigned to investigate unsolved cases within the Bureau – cases that often involved the paranormal, the supernatural, and the inexplicable.

"The X-Files" won numerous awards and honors, including a George Foster Peabody Award for Excellence in Broadcasting, three Golden Globes for Best Dramatic Series, a Golden Satellite Award for Best Drama Series, Science Fiction and Fantasy Saturn Awards for Outstanding Television Series, and a Parents' Choice Honor for Best Series. In 1997, Gillian Anderson won an Emmy for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series.

"The X-Files" was as much of a phenomenon abroad as it was in the United States. The show's conspiratorial tone and blend of paranoia, horror and suspense made it the most popular television series in Canada, the highest-rated series on Britain's BBC2, and one of the biggest sensations ever in Japanese television.

The show's nine-season run came to an end in 2002. In 1998, Twentieth Century Fox released the first feature film based on the series. The film – produced and written by Carter and co-written by Spotnitz – became a worldwide success, taking in $187 million in theatrical box office.

Tears of joy.

I've been a fan of the X-Files series since the very beginning and all the way to the end. I am very happy to see that a new movie is coming out! I am very much looking forward to X-Files 2.

And no Doggett or Reyes to clog up the screen. Yay!

I am SO excited. Can't believe it's actually happening. :D

And they better leave Reyes and Doggett out of it (which looks to be the case). I hated those characters :p

I dearly hope Gillian Anderson is still hot in the sequel. In her post-X Files work she looked a bit rough around the edges -- The Last King of Scotland anyone?

yay! this is great news, never expected it so soon. I thought it would be set for a 2009 release.

Excellent. Now I just need confirmation of Gillian Anderson in it.

this movies gunna have a tough time making money opening july 25th but i still think it will be awesome

Well, Will Farrell isn't much of a threat. He's seriously wearing thin. TDK may have strong staying power that weekend, but the return of the X-Files could be too tempting for audiences. Iron Man, Indy, Hulk, TDK, X-Files, Mummy 3...gonna be a good summer!

the only threat to the X-Files in July will be TDK. In my opinion, Hulk won't be a hit and Iron Man and Indy will be released two months before the X-Files.

I believe enough time has passed that people won't necessarily remember how the series faltered towards the end, but more than likely will eagerly anticipate the return of the X Files. Especially if Chris Carter returns to the series' roots and gives us a blend of horror and psychologically gripping action.

Although the show debuted more than a decade ago, it is still entrenched in our popular culture today, and perhaps there are still many fans left over who will make the sequel a success. Or perhaps there will be movie-goers who want to see what all the fuss is about!

Awesome news. loved the first film, hope the second one will be just as good or better.

good news, Amanda Peet has signed for the movie.

Xzibit, Peet and Connolly Join X Files 2
Source: The Hollywood Reporter December 6, 2007

Rapper Xzibit, Amanda Peet and Billy Connolly have signed on for director Chris Carter's The X Files 2 at 20th Century Fox.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, Xzibit and Peet will play fellow FBI agents to David Duchovny's Mulder and Gillian Anderson's Scully in the supernatural thriller with a stand-alone story, not a sequel or continuation of the hit 1998 feature adaptation.

Carter and Frank Spotnitz wrote the screenplay, and production is expected to begin this month in Vancouver. The film is set to hit theaters on July 25.

Here's the thing. There are soooo many blockbusters coming out in the summer, maybe more than any year in history. That being said, SOME of them HAVE to suck. They can't ALL be good movies. It's impossible.
So the question is: Which ones will suck and be a disappointing let down?

In my opinion, Hulk, Iron Man, Speed Racer, The Happening, and Mummy 3 will suck horribly.

The Dark Knight, Indiana Jones, Hellboy 2, and X-Files 2 will be the only good ones. Those will be the only ones actually WORTH seeing.

So, am I pumped about X-files? You bet your ass. :cwink: 4 good movies sounds like a great summer to me. It's pretty sad when the best summer blockbuster I saw in 2007 was "Knocked Up."

My grandma loves the X-Files...I always just liked the show...She will be stoked about this movie

Amanda Peet is good stuff. Her along with the rumor about Olyphant has e excited.

How can you say Hulk sucks if we haven't even seen anything for it yet? And we had what? One teaser for TDK with no actual footage in it?:dry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"