X-Men Comics

X-Concepts/Plots That Make We Wanna Abort Myself

1. Xorneto

2. Mummudrai

3. Shi'ar + Starjammers

4. Jubilee

I read the Draco arc after a long week of binge drinking....so it's easily #10 on my expanded list.

I like the Starjammers, myself. They kind of fit with the persecution theme of the X-Men, since they're constantly on the run from the Shi'ar for escaping a prison that they were unjustly placed in to begin with. Plus, y'know... ****in' pirates... in space.

I like the Starjammers, myself. They kind of fit with the persecution theme of the X-Men, since they're constantly on the run from the Shi'ar for escaping a prison that they were unjustly placed in to begin with. Plus, y'know... ****in' pirates... in space.

And yet every time they show up, I'm bored to tears. If I could retcon anything within the Marvel universe, I think I'd have a hard time choosing between the Clone Saga or completely erasing the Shi'ar/Starjammers from continuity.

I'd just move everything that happened in space with the X-Men over to the Avengers. Corcire is Hawkeye's father. Ms. Marvel becomes the Phoenix, and Jarvis totally banged Liliandra.

I'd just move everything that happened in space with the X-Men over to the Avengers. Corcire is Hawkeye's father. Ms. Marvel becomes the Phoenix, and Jarvis totally banged Liliandra.

Corcire? Who's that? :cwink:

Don't make fun, I'm dyslexic you bastard.

Yeah, but she's apparently a Mummudrai.

The Mummudrai in the Marvel Universe are noncorporeal, parasitic life forms, composed solely of emotional energy born from the astral plane of existence. The first and most notable member of the mummudrai species to appear on panel is Cassandra Nova.

The Mummudrai concept was first introduced in Grant Morrison's run on New X-Men [1]. Cassandra Nova was revealed to be Professor X's twin. Unlike most mummudrai, she was able to build a body for herself due to becoming entangled with Xavier's powerful psyche in the womb and utilizing the vast potential in his genome. Upon sensing the existence of an alien entity in his mother's womb and perhaps perceiving the damage it would cause, Xavier murdered his twin sister. It spent most of its life building itself a new body and then set a vengeance plan against its twin by killing over 16 million mutants on Genosha, destroying the Shi'ar Empire (who first discovered the mummudrai), outing him to the world as a mutant before being tricked by Emma Frost into entering the body of Stuff, an amoeba-like metamorph (and member of the Shi'ar Imperial Guard) with a biocomputer for a brain.

The second Mummudrai shown (named Ev Teel Urizen) seems to have taken possession of Lady Mastermind[2]. Upon being discovered by its host, it attempted to escape by possessing Mystique before being subdued by Cable. Urizen then stated that it had come from "the edge of Shi'ar space" and was fleeing from an entity known as the Hecatomb, which was coming to "eat the world."

I see this and keep expecting to see a flashing sign that says "This is what Scientologists actually believe"

And yet every time they show up, I'm bored to tears. If I could retcon anything within the Marvel universe, I think I'd have a hard time choosing between the Clone Saga or completely erasing the Shi'ar/Starjammers from continuity.

Preach! Havok, Polaris, and Rachel may be joining the Poopjammers in Uncanny tomorrow. :down:

I see this and keep expecting to see a flashing sign that says "This is what Scientologists actually believe"

Hahaha

Preach! Havok, Polaris, and Rachel may be joining the Popjammers in Uncanny tomorrow. :down:

Hahaha

They do. Sort of. It's an amalgamation of those three, the Dude with the Phoenix Sword, and two (I think)of the Starjammers.

I've read some of Uncanny and some of Adjectiveless courtesy of my roommates; neither of them do anything for me. Uncanny was blah, totally Bru's worst work. X seems more interesting, but I really don't like Bachalo that much. He does draw that Hecatomb monster thingy pretty sweet though.:o Otherwise, pretty confusing, visually.

Umm, Carey's writing kind of weird, high-concept stuff. I don't think he's doing it poorly, but it would benefit from a different artist.

I like the X-Men to be a little more grounded, myself. Not literally, but, in characterization, and concept. Sometimes it seems like they're doing stuff the FF should be doing.

I've never really understood the distinction. The FF tend to handle more weird, cosmic stuff, but the Avengers take their share and have had some great stories come out of it, so why not the X-Men? They still live in the Marvel universe, and Chuck totally digs the alien poon.

I've read some of Uncanny and some of Adjectiveless courtesy of my roommates; neither of them do anything for me. Uncanny was blah, totally Bru's worst work. X seems more interesting, but I really don't like Bachalo that much. He does draw that Hecatomb monster thingy pretty sweet though.:o Otherwise, pretty confusing, visually.

Umm, Carey's writing kind of weird, high-concept stuff. I don't think he's doing it poorly, but it would benefit from a different artist.

I like the X-Men to be a little more grounded, myself. Not literally, but, in characterization, and concept. Sometimes it seems like they're doing stuff the FF should be doing.

I wonder. Do you think things would be that diff if the creative teams were Bru/Bachalo and Carey/Tan?

I've never really understood the distinction. The FF tend to handle more weird, cosmic stuff, but the Avengers take their share and have had some great stories come out of it, so why not the X-Men? They still live in the Marvel universe, and Chuck totally digs the alien poon.

Cuz the X-Men aren't supposed to be saving the world. They're just supposed to be out fighting for their rights or some ****. Fight the power!

With the exception of New Excalibur, all of the X-team books are good. AXM, UXM, X-men, X-factor and New X-men are all great reads

Cuz the X-Men aren't supposed to be saving the world. They're just supposed to be out fighting for their rights or some ****. Fight the power!
Yeah, but their rights are also in the Marvel universe. The occasional space threat is bound to hit mutants every now and then, just like the rest of the superhero teams. There's only been one or two arcs that featured space heavily in X-Men comics anyway, and one was the Dark Phoenix Saga, which is the most recognizable X-Men arc ever.

Yeah, but their rights are also in the Marvel universe. The occasional space threat is bound to hit mutants every now and then, just like the rest of the superhero teams. There's only been one or two arcs that featured space heavily in X-Men comics anyway, and one was the Dark Phoenix Saga, which is the most recognizable X-Men arc ever.
Just one or two? I think your ignoring quite a bit of their space time

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"