X-Men Comics

Yeah, but their rights are also in the Marvel universe. The occasional space threat is bound to hit mutants every now and then, just like the rest of the superhero teams. There's only been one or two arcs that featured space heavily in X-Men comics anyway, and one was the Dark Phoenix Saga, which is the most recognizable X-Men arc ever.

I'm not usually nitpicky, but the DPS would be one of the most recognizable X-Men arcs. I'd throw in AoA, DoFP and maybe Onslaught. Maybe.

I meant to throw an "arguably" in there. I think it's probably the most recognizable, but Days of Future Past and Age of Apocalypse are probably up there, too. I don't know about Onslaught, but maybe that's just my personal desire to forget it.

With everything that's happened to Jean since the DPS (death, resurrection, rinse, repeat), I've tried to block it out of my memory. Still, I look back on DoFP favorably, and the AoA arc was great when it happened, but probably overrated. I mentioned Onslaught because it was large enough to directly effect the entire Marvel Universe.

Yeah, but it only happened as a gimmick because no one was reading comics then. Much like Spider-Man's Clone Saga. Big and sweeping, yes, but recognizable? I bet there are very few people who really know anything about Kane and Ben Reilly beyond maybe seeing them once or twice in comics at the time because no one was reading Spidey comics back then.

Also, I was talking about general public recognition. I don't know if I made that clear. Ask the type of person who'd watch a comic book movie or cartoon or TV show about X-Men comics and they'd probably have at least a vague recollection of Jean Grey turning into the Phoenix. Ask them who Onslaught was and you'll probably get a blank stare. Days of Future Past is probably somewhere between those two extremes.

If they do know who Onslaught is, its because of the Marvel vs Capcom game.

Yeah, but it only happened as a gimmick because no one was reading comics then. Much like Spider-Man's Clone Saga. Big and sweeping, yes, but recognizable? I bet there are very few people who really know anything about Kane and Ben Reilly beyond maybe seeing them once or twice in comics at the time because no one was reading Spidey comics back then.

Also, I was talking about general public recognition. I don't know if I made that clear. Ask the type of person who'd watch a comic book movie or cartoon or TV show about X-Men comics and they'd probably have at least a vague recollection of Jean Grey turning into the Phoenix. Ask them who Onslaught was and you'll probably get a blank stare. Days of Future Past is probably somewhere between those two extremes.

To be fair, if you're asking X-Men cartoon watches, that's not a very good argument, considering the show ended before the Onslaught crossover. I get what you're saying, though.

If they do know who Onslaught is, its because of the Marvel vs Capcom game.

I ****ing love that game. Every now and then I'll plug in the old Saturn and play that game all night long.

I dont necesarily agree with that. It may have been a bit of a gimmick as far as the Marvel U was concerned but not the X-men books. Onslaught was an ongoing story that had been going on for years since Bishop entered this timeline and knowledge of a traitor among the X-men. Onslaught tied directly to that and it made sense. It didnt have to affect the Marvel U like it did, but I think it was one of the defining X-men storylines

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"